Crysis Tribes mod: Rise

until those things begin to generate profit which VUG doesn't care about enough to explore.

They don't care enough to make profit from their possessions, but they don't want other people to, either. Part of that is because, if other people do and VUG doesn't say anything, it takes away part of their ownership.

there have been countless user recreations of maps in other games.

I love the look of the MOD. I hope you guys plan on addressing the freedom of movement in the Heavy and Light suits. They we're way too fast and could fly way too high. But it was a great vid :bigthumb:

Looks great so far!

It is nice you have time before most will have the hardware to run this nicely...Crysis should be bargain bin price by then too.

As far as others opinions, it's your sweat, make your game. :)

by the time this reaches beta(if it ever does) crysis will be runnable on a much larger quantity of computers.
for people talking about it being a shitty engine. well, most engines won't allow you to have large maps which is essential to tribes.

I hope this succeeds but I have to admit I'm quite sure it won't .

As it's in the early stages of development I'd like to chime in and suggest some additions:

1. Playable in a browser
2. In game email
3. Name registry (it's stupid to allow more than 1 person per name)
4. Huge maps
5. 12 vehicles
6. Small maps in tiny bounding boxes (if 4 is not applicable)
7. Tons of gadgets

ok now THIS is impressive! and a properly chosen engine as it puts heavy emphasis on terrain which is the key to proper skiing, not just the physics. all other tribes remake projects failed to realize this.

As it's in the early stages of development I'd like to chime in and suggest some additions:

1. Playable in a browser
2. In game email
3. Name registry (it's stupid to allow more than 1 person per name)
4. Huge maps
5. 12 vehicles
6. Small maps in tiny bounding boxes (if 4 is not applicable)
7. Tons of gadgets

dont forget
8. Playable in a browser
9. Playable in a browser
10. Playable in a browser

14. Inventory must only be accessible by players when they're at the inventory station. A long line is essential to game mechanics, and pre-set inventory controls open the game up to abuse.

OH HEY GUYS! I'm making a Tribes mod for Commadore 64 game Gunship! It'll be awesome... and it'll run awesome on pretty much anything... I'd show you a video but no one ever got around to making a fraps version that ran in only 16 colors and 64k of memory.

I'll draw you a picture when I get my pencil sharpened.

VUG will bitch if they feel their IP is being used. As long as it's not in the Tribes universe, and you don't use any of their names... (Stormhammer, etc..) I'm sure they won't have a problem with it.

omg so change shit around then

stormhammer -> stromhummer
raindance -> raintango (and add a few trees out of the way of cap routes to show that its different :D)

I don't see how the skiing looked off at all, but most of the people who said that are vet^3 and I can't tell if they're comparing it to T1

Back