Crysis Tribes mod: Rise

No, they should change engine so they'll have the source code and can edit/optimize it to see fit. Also, it doesn't require the purchase of Crysis, which a lot of people didn't buy.

With their own engine they could edit the source as they see fit, add in extra things, and release the game as a standalone or for $$$.

Right, because creating their own engine would be an incredibly easy task and wouldn't take years to complete.

Looks very promising, but like Jomo said, the engine choices of all of these community projects are a bit questionable. ETQW? Crysis? They may suit some basic needs up front, but none of those games have the vibrant/massive online community you need to allow a mod to really take off.

If I were you guys, I would take a good hard look at the source engine. Like it or not, Steam would be a dream come true for a shit ton of free exposure.

As it stands, even if you make a fantastic game, half of this community will shit on it, a quarter of it won't even try it and no one on the outside will either know or care about what you've created. :(

Fuck yeah! Looks awesome.

Also, turnschuh is a known retard, so feel free to disregard anything she has to say.

Looks good. Keep it up. As others have said, I would take a look at Andrew's physics description and try to match T1 physics as much as possible. Skiing in the video looked too fast from the start (no buildup of speed) and the jets were a bit too powerful. Just suggestions.

Looks good. Keep it up. As others have said, I would take a look at Andrew's physics description and try to match T1 physics as much as possible. Skiing in the video looked too fast from the start (no buildup of speed) and the jets were a bit too powerful. Just suggestions.

Andrew has a T1 physics description?

Looks purdy. I couldn't run that on my hunk of junk. However if it came together well enough I could be persuaded to upgrade.

Right, because creating their own engine would be an incredibly easy task and wouldn't take years to complete.

There are other engines out there that have a lot of the functionality already built into them but allow you to edit the code.. Add new shaders, optimize netcode, etc...... Since it looks like that team has 3-4 actual C++ coders, it may be a better idea.

VUG dosnt care about a lot of things they own...
until those things begin to generate profit which VUG doesn't care about enough to explore.

They don't care enough to make profit from their possessions, but they don't want other people to, either. Part of that is because, if other people do and VUG doesn't say anything, it takes away part of their ownership.

VUG will bitch if they feel their IP is being used. As long as it's not in the Tribes universe, and you don't use any of their names... (Stormhammer, etc..) I'm sure they won't have a problem with it.

Back