Anyone else picking up Total war Shogun 2?

Patch is up.

Multiplayer - Fixed a bug whereby winning a match made battle via the opponent conceding defeat did not register a win statistic or count towards the match made battle victory achievement.

Multiplayer - Fixed a bug that would see The Dishonourable Coward trait from being incorrectly awarded to players. The trait has also been reset for the entire player base.

Multiplayer - Fixed a bug that would see avatar costs incorrectly deducted from funds for a naval battle.

Multiplayer - Fixed instances where players were unable to fully upgrade their General’s Avatar skills.

Every one of my vassals has turned on me. Is diplomacy just totally worthless after the Realm Divide?

edit: and since I've bumped:

Patch 2 - expected first week of May:

* DirectX 11
* Anti-alisaing
* Large number (approx 500) of singleplayer and multiplayer fixes

Last edited:
yes it is

im gonna try and play with european buddies on my team
although i hate it

but after i start and finish my ninja army game with Tokagowa

I'm doing Shimazu on Hard right now. I went almost straight for the top-level Katana art so I could train a hero, and he's kicking so much ass right now.

:heart: this game

im ranked 375 on the leaderboards... then suddently after winning 1 match it sends me to 7499 place... now im doing to like 3k again, making my way down... god damit

I'm doing Shimazu on Hard right now. I went almost straight for the top-level Katana art so I could train a hero, and he's kicking so much ass right now.

:heart: this game

I found the Shimazu insanely easy to play. First game, on very hard, I was Shogun with 30 provinces by the mid '60s.

At the beginning, I declared war on some far northern folks for hogging the TPs (they were too far away to ever do anything about it, 10 trade ships on each of the 3 southern TPs, ASAP. Hiza was worth 4500 alone once I took it.

And superior melee troops dominate in almost every situation. Plus with their isolated start, all you have to do is move from chokepoint to chokepoint on the campaign map, grabbing resources and specialization as you go. You don't even need a particularly large army. Only slightly hard part was guarding multiple flanks when you get into the Kyoto area. To take Kyoto, beseige the city filled with archers, attack the outer army (after assassinating a couple of generals) on the same turn. Then they'll ride out to meet you with 15-ish bow units and they fall quick. The lack of variety after you become Shogun makes it a pretty boring game. Played 2 campaigns before going back to EU3.

That said, it's far better made than the last couple of TW titles, and, of course, I'll try it again if expansions come out.

Back