Spent some more time on my Lotus over the winter

DMAUL

Contributor
Veteran XX
Previous thread: Spent some time on my Lotus over the winter by DMAUL - TribalWar Forums

Last left off with new penske coilovers installed, it weighed in at 2220 fully loaded. Now 2183 fully loaded.

Did a lot, again. New sway bar, wishbone bushings, heat exchanger, radiator, gauges, swirl tank, undertray, horn, HID lights, intercooler tubes, battery bracket, and battery. interior still work in progress

yryUGjq.jpg

Disconnected the wishbones to replace the bushings with spherical ones
N4jrzws.jpg

holy shit does lining this shit up in the front suck. there are washers for castor that go between the wishbone and the chassis in a certain order
Rp6Up5r.jpg

rope didn't do the job, bring in a jack
BbVWjgm.jpg

old vs. new bushings, there are bushing spacers that center the spherical bearing in the center
8DBuV4K.jpg

said bushing spacers visible here
ZWqJH9x.jpg

new sway bar and links
jlJGN4Z.jpg

relocated battery from trunk, eliminating several feet of wire and a very heavy battery bracket
QBQKQDZ.jpg

new gear and crossgate cables
iCpjMM1.jpg

have to grind some shit off the shifter for new cable ends
VZ0J09G.jpg

fucking sucked a huge one getting the new cables through with the seats in
0Ib828V.jpg

the front fell off
mB335yI.jpg

original radiator has plastic endcaps, wtf lotus
LmgsJRU.jpg

what is this shit
l1NrARw.jpg

new bitchin radiator

dEQy5bg.jpg

disconnecting fuel lines. number that shit
3GTeBlH.jpg

i have drained it of its life force
RVOw9QN.jpg

good bye 35 pounds of oil coolers, holy fuck was this hard to remove
hCkg6OP.jpg

hello heat exchanger
Fst4sJQ.jpg

new delicious sandwich plate
iO3aMwG.jpg

sandwich plate with oil pressure and temp leads visible

XZpTKkB.jpg

removed some fuckin vent covers +25 HP
sg4zDFG.jpg

who needs a passenger airbag?
vcN6IvV.jpg

replaced that fucker with wires n shit
WW3gCTz.jpg

way too much fuckin wiring and gauges n shit
6K7sRIJ.jpg

stripes were a disgrace
eAxf9rx.jpg

new stripes fuck yes
BNymzqZ.jpg

new swirl tank, rerouted all the fuel plumbing, hooked up the new gear cables
ZLN6o0T.jpg

remounted the catch can with a new braided hose
umPYnAh.jpg

silicone intercooler joints and t clamps motherfucker. also remote battery disonnect motherfucker
L8USPfn.jpg

shiny af
y4Z7UA7.jpg

mirror area was f'ed up from previous mirror installs, wrapped it up to provide a clean surface
phPmKL1.jpg

repainted mirror stems mounted
1ktMxvJ.jpg

new rear clam shims, get outta here with that heavy steel shit
AlAJfiI.jpg

tidy cables and wires
vMqSdZ3.jpg

new horn bitches
AU6CXHY.jpg

holy crap i got it back together
kPARZA3.jpg

detailed
Bz9MqDT.jpg

no fat chicks
avZwpiZ.jpg

come align me, bro

I just put on a Larini Club Sport which sounds so fucking sweet compared to the Larini group b the guy before me had on it. I can't believe how awesome a supercharged Toyo engine can sound when done right. I am in car heaven with this vehicle. I am going to have a hard time driving anything else. Seriously digging the lack of power steering. I forgot how much fun a proper car was. Everything else feels like shit now.

That reminds me - I have a Stebel air horn sitting unused in a motorcycle that would be much better than the little toot toot tin can shit that came in the Elise. You are a wizard dude. It will be awhile before I pull the car apart myself. I only just broke 20K on it. It is a 2008 and had 12.5 or something on it a few months back. I just don't want to drive my other cars any more. I might get rid of the hard top this weekend and put the soft top on it. Portland is shit with the rain right now. I am assuming the soft top might leak like a bitch so I haven't been in a hurry but I can't wait to drive it around with the top off.

Not sure what he put in but the Stebel Nautilus compact is a good bet. (Actually - looking at the photo it doesn't look like a SNC - looks loud AF though) They sound like this - not the first tone but the tone after he flips the switch -

This is the one I am going to take off my bike and stick in the car. It really gets people's attention on the bike so I am sure it will do the same in the car...

Last edited:
It is a stebel nautilus. First time I tested it in my garage I nearly shat myself.

Here's me launching with TC off on nearly bald street tires

I have since replaced those tires and prepped my track tires but haven't driven it much yet. I'll be at the track on Monday.

That reminds me - I have a Stebel air horn sitting unused in a motorcycle that would be much better than the little toot toot tin can shit that came in the Elise. You are a wizard dude. It will be awhile before I pull the car apart myself. I only just broke 20K on it. It is a 2008 and had 12.5 or something on it a few months back. I just don't want to drive my other cars any more. I might get rid of the hard top this weekend and put the soft top on it. Portland is shit with the rain right now. I am assuming the soft top might leak like a bitch so I haven't been in a hurry but I can't wait to drive it around with the top off.

Mine had 11k on it when I got it, but it had already been tracked/modded so I didn't feel so bad doing more. Well, the loss of value and return on investment hurts a little...

You drive yours much more than I drive mine. I've put 6k on it in two years. I don't drive it in the rain and I live in a rainy place. This whole weekend is a washout.

Looks like a super fun car bro. I was looking at a M2, I like the idea of a little roadster style track car.

At least you don't have to deal with much rust. Been redoing the underpinnings on my '93 S4... Brutal. Lots going on and it's all rusty. Almost have it ready for reassembly though.

Good work. Do you drive the car on the street too? Why not ditch the audio stuff?

Back