Crom's T:V Impressions from GDC

[dof]DudshoT said:
how about "Your", not "you're".

?

Because there is no verb? To write it correctly, write:

You should have written, "Your," not, "You're."

You need to go and pick up a grammar book and you need to learn some syntax. :p You're putting the commas outside the quotation marks. For shame!

Thrax Panda said:
Super Star Chess Club Adventure 1 thru 4. What games have you produced or designed?

I don't think I need to comment.

I'm sure those are all fantastic games, but this is another beast and you know it.

The Pumpkin King said:
Thank you for yet another strikingly generic post. I love reading over and over again that people think it is illogical and stupid without explaining why.

I think you are right however, simplifying the keys is a terrible idea. I will back this up and suggest that we make the keys as complex as we are able to in order to make this game more fun. From here on, let's have it so that in order to shoot one must insert the key commands "Up, Down, Up, Down, a, b, a, b, select, start." In order to active one's jump jets, we should have to type "SuperKalaFrajalisticExpeealaHolyCrapThisIsComplicatedAdocious". Of course you would type this in AFTER hitting the jump button and in the 2 second window before your body returns to the ground. More key bindings please... That is all.

Explanations were given several pages back that you either ignored or didn't care to read.

And for the love of Pete, it's not funny. It wasn't funny the first time you tried to be a sarcastic ass about someone else's opinion.

Zoolooman said:
What? The word "not" is not a conjunctive. You'd be comma splicing if you put a comma after "not."

To be pedantically accurate the phrase would be written, "The correct term is you're not your."

I didn't notice anyone placing the comma after "not."

Wulfen said:
Explanations were given several pages back that you either ignored or didn't care to read.

And for the love of Pete, it's not funny. It wasn't funny the first time you tried to be a sarcastic ass about someone else's opinion.

I'm sorry, but "It adds complexity" and "It is cool to time when to use the health kit" and "It was an aspect of the game that was cool" are not valid reasons to me. These don't explain to me what makes the health kit so fun, special, and vital to the game's survival. As I said before, the only real big balance issue with the health involves base raping or tossing your kits, which I already adressed in previous posts.

You are like the third person to hit me with the "There were tons of super magical reasons fully explaining our views, you just didn't see them," which kinda doesn't really do anything to explain your reasons to keep the health kit in the game. Instead of pointing that there was logic I missed, how bout quoting it or re-explaining it to me so that this vapor can solidify into something I can consider, it'd make me shutup. I'm still waiting...

sargonnas9 said:
2. If they decide to get disc-jumping back (something I felt was a very strategic thing although maybe now the game has changed enough where it isn't), it'd be easy to do.

This is exactly why people should keep up. Disc jumping hasn't been taken out. It hasn't been "limited", the concept remains exactly the same as it has for the last two titles.

All that has changed about the DJ is the fact that you can no longer repair yourself to full or close to it after the DJ without a repair pack.

-----

Thrax Panda said:
I like being compared to Dave. Makes me feel like I've touched somebody's soul.

I don't know how you really feel about it Thrax. As I'm sure you know, Dave G is considered by the majority of this community to be a failure at "Tribes" game design.
At best.

It disturbs me that 6 months or more before they've seen the final product, or even before triple digits of "civillians" have played with an incomplete build and reported thier opinions on it that you're drawing that kind of criticisim. It's not your fault, you are doing your job (and well, IMO) but sometimes those who feel that T1 is the pinnacle of the franchise need to be shot out of thier ivory bell-tower before thier sniping gets too bad.

[/me searches frantically for a point...]

Anyway Thrax, Carry on.

Those that want to criticize, keep up with the rest of us so you don't look like you're uninformed.
Those that want to whine, moan, and complain repeatedly, keep it civil. Thrax != Qix, not by a long shot.
Then we can all just get along.

Zoolooman said:
Because there is no verb? To write it correctly, write:

You should have written, "Your," not, "You're."

You need to go and pick up a grammar book and you need to learn some syntax. :p You're putting the commas outside the quotation marks. For shame!

i thought that for a while but atleast here we write as i did. ( in my language ;) )

weird, huh ?

VaporTrail said:
...but sometimes those who feel that T1 is the pinnacle of the franchise need to be shot out of thier ivory bell-tower before thier sniping gets too bad.
T1 is my favorite game of all time. to this day, i play at least once a week.

I honestly think that once the game gets polished, T1 vets will be able to really, really enjoy T:V. I was able to enjoy a really early build, and some people have lost that fact in this (really long) thread.

Wulfen said:
I don't think I need to comment.

I'm sure those are all fantastic games, but this is another beast and you know it.

did you forget to turn on your sarcasm detector or what?

Crom said:
T1 is my favorite game of all time. to this day, i play at least once a week.

I honestly think that once the game gets polished, T1 vets will be able to really, really enjoy T:V. I was able to enjoy a really early build, and some people have lost that fact in this (really long) thread.

Pretty much sums up my opinion, bot from your report, and the info in general I have found.

It just irks the hell out of me that someone who hasn't played it at all starts spewing garbage like some of the stuff found in this and other threads.

The Pumpkin King said:
Thank you for yet another strikingly generic post. I love reading over and over again that people think it is illogical and stupid without explaining why.

I think you are right however, simplifying the keys is a terrible idea. I will back this up and suggest that we make the keys as complex as we are able to in order to make this game more fun. From here on, let's have it so that in order to shoot one must insert the key commands "Up, Down, Up, Down, a, b, a, b, select, start." In order to active one's jump jets, we should have to type "SuperKalaFrajalisticExpeealaHolyCrapThisIsComplicatedAdocious". Of course you would type this in AFTER hitting the jump button and in the 2 second window before your body returns to the ground. More key bindings please... That is all.

And your reply is just as dry and generic

Last edited:
The Pumpkin King said:
I'm sorry, but "It adds complexity" and "It is cool to time when to use the health kit" and "It was an aspect of the game that was cool" are not valid reasons to me. These don't explain to me what makes the health kit so fun, special, and vital to the game's survival. As I said before, the only real big balance issue with the health involves base raping or tossing your kits, which I already adressed in previous posts.

You are like the third person to hit me with the "There were tons of super magical reasons fully explaining our views, you just didn't see them," which kinda doesn't really do anything to explain your reasons to keep the health kit in the game. Instead of pointing that there was logic I missed, how bout quoting it or re-explaining it to me so that this vapor can solidify into something I can consider, it'd make me shutup. I'm still waiting...

Your being super melodramatic about it is enough reason to shutup imo

Back