Your desks, show them to me

I'd written out a really great response to the tower issue but TW server errored when I hit reply.

Recap: I feel the case is very minimalistic and the idea of gluing wood laminate to the case makes me physically cringe. I'm working on a middle ground to help hide the wires and incorporate the glass RGB dude of the case and some wood.

It's just cluttering up the floor, it kills the nice legs on the desk.

Still need to get some wiring cleaned up and move the power strip to a better location

Current desk
I've often thought of buying some bed sheets, cutting them to fit and attaching it to the back side of the desk and have it drape down to the floor. This way, you can hide all the wires and allow them to be free for when you need to replace an item, you dont have to disassemble your entire wiring system. Just find a sheet that is similar in color to the wall.

I've often thought of buying some bed sheets, cutting them to fit and attaching it to the back side of the desk and have it drape down to the floor. This way, you can hide all the wires and allow them to be free for when you need to replace an item, you dont have to disassemble your entire wiring system. Just find a sheet that is similar in color to the wall.

Just install a small shelf like 8-14 inches below the desk on the wall. Hell I used a wire shelf like used in closets etc... put the power strip on it and start running wires. I also put my router etc on there and it just keeps everything nice and clean visually.

I used the USB ports on my monitor for keyboard/mouse. So the display/power/usb go to the laptop. I put it inside wire mesh wrap. Clean simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a Linus tech tip they did a stealth desk. So you just walk up, plug a laptop in with a thunderbolt cable that ran to an external hard drive / video card / monitor it was pretty slick and had a wireless charging pad under the laminate to keep the mouse charged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TjYtrGf.jpg
I had that skateboard many years ago.

godzilla aside are those 2 blank canvases and a framed piece of painted wood paneling on the wall?

They are acoustic panels to reduce the echo in the room. On the other side of the room is my projection screen and home theater junk.

My rape dun... home theater can be slightly noisy.

OH. *edit*

Those framed panels on the other side of the desk cover the breaker switches that are in the basement. They open and close for our ease of access. I'm gay. Sorry I'm stupid and didn't understand what you were referring to.

Last edited:
Back