I have a job interview tommorrow!

Lol, some funny shit here.

cy actually gave good advice.
Also search the web on questions that get asked in interviews, prepare yourself.
Like Cy said, your selling yourself.

I had an interview last week for something similar, but with a lease company, taking incoming calls in their mechanical department, authorizing repairs on things like company cars etc.

I really want the job, felt confident in myself, read some stuff on the internet about interviews, and pretty much think I nailed the job. Only hiring for one position and Monster.com has it as a popular listing.
I applied online, then got a call the next day(amazing, no one else of the 60 jobs I applied for ever called)
Set up an interview, got there, had to fill out a hard copy application, take a 30 question car mechanical test, sign wavers for drug screen and background check.
Interview starts, last about 30 min, then she had 2 other guys come in and interview me, 30 more minutes, then got the office tour of the cube farm, and listened in on a few calls. 30 more minutes, was there over 2 hours.
Get walked out and the guy kind of slipped I think and said the manager will give you a call next week, he will want to meet with you also.

So today they called, going back Thursday, hell ya, this mo fo needs a job!
Laid off for over 3 months sucks ass.

Good luck to ya!

I just got a job last week after 4 months and 3 interviews with this company. I'm not telling you my secrets though.

gl

oh and I'm rich now

hoo boy...you are interviewing for the EPITOME of soul crushing tech support jobs

don't do it man....not worth it

If you have to "kiss up", don't go in too far. Shit gets on your nose.

The job entails reading a script and doesn't really require IT knowledge, so throw all that out if you get the job. You will be double-supremely frustrated with the stupid people you assist, and the stupid things the script says.

Hahaha... I know, I'm always frustrated when I clal tech support, because I start the conversation with, "I've already tried everything on my end, I need you to send a refresh signal to my modem." Of course they respond, "Is it plugged in? I want you to un plug it for 30 seconds..."

Don't they know my phone line goes through the damn modem, so if I unplug it I can't talk to em.... ...oh... I see what they did there...

BTW: Interview is at 2 PM now. The email they sent me said they were conducting interviews between 11-4, so when I called to confirm my attendance, they gave me a specific time. I'll leave the house in like half an hour or so to make sure I'm good and early.

To clerify a few things. When I said I was a nervous wreck on the phone, I was over exaggerating. I do turn into a bumbling bafoon on a voice mail for some reason... But when I'm talking to a person, I'm just as confident as when I talk to someone in person.

I'm also not concerned about my qualifications or anything like that... I've been talking to a guy who works there, and he looked at my resume and said that I seemed like a shoe in.

They sent me a quiz, which was more like an application with 4 technical questions tacked on. I send my answers to the guy and he had 3 suggestions. The first was a type, the second was superfluous, so I ignored it, and the third was something I merely forgot to write, but knew that I should have.

"send a refresh signal"????

Do you have any clue what you actually mean by that? 'Coz I sure as fuck don't.

Seriously, you have to reorient the SATCOM recievers with a Temblor vibrance carrier wave before you can send a refresh signal, fucking retard.

Back