Anyone need a Frost Tank DK and Holy Priest?

It's cute when people think that, for some reason, the Sarth trinket should automatically go to DPSers over healers.

Why would anyone tank as frost now?

:confused:
Why wouldn't you? and what do you mean by "now".

They haven't release any info on 3.1 (other then fixing the issue with UA causing DK to hit the armor cap) or the changes to the frost tree, and as of the latest patch frost was boosted while Unholy had bone shields mitigation halved and AMZ length raped.

Plus im use to running raids with a prot pally, depending on the boss i can basically spam rune strike and frost strike non-stop with BoS making my single target TPS extremely high. KM and HB make aoe threat easy.

The only issue ive had so far with threat is os 10, attempting to pickup the drake, the fire elemental's, and tenebrons whelps.

:confused:
Why wouldn't you? and what do you mean by "now".

They haven't release any info on 3.1 (other then fixing the issue with UA causing DK to hit the armor cap) or the changes to the frost tree, and as of the latest patch frost was boosted while Unholy had bone shields mitigation halved and AMZ length raped.

Plus im use to running raids with a prot pally, depending on the boss i can basically spam rune strike and frost strike non-stop with BoS making my single target TPS extremely high. KM and HB make aoe threat easy.

The only issue ive had so far with threat is os 10, attempting to pickup the drake, the fire elemental's, and tenebrons whelps.
Hmmm. When tanking on my frost DK, I use D & D ->Ice Touch ->Pest (multimobs) -> Blood tap -> Obilit -> HB
I haven't heard of many people using FS and RS, interesting.

Don't Holy Priests get a considerable SP boost from spirit? Not to mention the regen bonuses.
25% I think with 5/5 Spiritual Guidance, or 21spellpower with the better of the 2 trinkets you mentioned. When sitting on 1k+ spirit raid buffed the extra 180 spellpower is much better than a little more regen we won't get much use out of thanks to all other spirit on cloth gear and replenishment.

Most DPS would be better off using crit trinkets or Dying Curse to they can keep more crit/haste on their gear and load up on hit in a trinket slot with a sexy +dmg proc. Best in slot for most casters is still Sundial badge trinket + Dying Curse or Sundial + Extract of Necromantic Power, but I know some locks would rather have the Sarth trinket than more crit. DoTs going up in dmg based on our crit% makes this trinket ass for spriests.

Every spreadsheet I read says that the Sarth trink is BIS for my Boomer. :shrug: I personally like my Saph Trink and DC.

Back