D&D Thread II

Also, I want to be chaotic good, and the ability score I choose to increase by 1 would be dexterity.

i just downloaded the d&d next guides, reading up now.

Do I smell cave troll in here?

And for your information, we don't call it thieve's kant anymore. We call it legal-challenged roguebonics.

Also, I want to be chaotic good, and the ability score I choose to increase by 1 would be dexterity.

i just downloaded the d&d next guides, reading up now.

where did you find that?

edit: nm i found them by signing up for the playtest

Last edited:
Amfisbena___Dwarf_by_gabahadatta.jpg

shitwizard

Dwarf Fighter
1st-Level Medium Hill-Dwarf Fighter
Armor Class 19 (splint mail and shield)
Hit Points 13 (1d10 Hit Die)
Proficiency Bonus +1
Speed 25 ft. (your speed is not reduced by heavy armor)
Alignment lawful neutral
Languages Common, Dwarvish, Elvish, Halfling

ABILITY SCORES
Strength 15 (+2); add proficiency bonus to saves
Dexterity 12 (+1); disadvantage on Stealth*
Constitution 15 (+2); add proficiency bonus to saves
Intelligence 13 (+1)
Wisdom 13 (+1)
Charisma 8 (–1)
* Only while wearing chain mail.

ATTACKS
Melee Attack: Battleaxe (+4 to hit; 1d8 + 2 slashing). When you score a critical hit with this weapon, roll 1d12 for the additional damage instead of 1d8.

Melee or Ranged Attack: Light hammer (range 20 ft./60 ft.; +4 to hit; 1d6 + 2 bludgeoning)

SKILLS
Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, Survival, History, Insight

EQUIPMENT
Splint mail, shield, battleaxe, light hammers (4), potion of healing, clothes, healer’s kit, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, crowbar, hempen rope (50 feet), lucky charm, mess kit, pitons (10), rations (4 days), spade, waterskin, whetstone, 124 gp, and 26 sp.

RACIAL TRAITS
Darkvision. You can see in darkness within 60 feet of you as if it were dim light. When you do so, your vision is in black and white.
Dwarven Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.
Dwarven Toughness. Your hit point maximum increased by 1 (included above), and it increases by 1 every time you gain a level. Additionally, whenever you roll Hit Dice during a rest, you regain 1 extra hit
point for each Hit Die you roll.
Stonecunning. You have advantage on any Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of particular stonework. Additionally, when exploring underground environments, you cannot become lost.

Class Features
Action Surge. On your turn, you can take an additional action. If you do so, you must complete a short rest or a long rest before you can use this feature again.
Proficiencies. Add your proficiency bonus to attack rolls you make using martial weapons and simple weapons (included in “Attacks”). You also add your proficiency bonus to ability checks made to use mounts (land) and your skills (noted in “Skills”), as well as to your Strength and Constitution saving throws (noted in “Ability Scores”). You also have proficiency with all armor and shields.
Second Wind. As an action, you can gain temporary hit points equal to 1d6 + your fighter level. These hit points can exceed your hit point maximum, and they cannot be regained. If you take damage, these hit points are lost first, and they go away after 5 minutes. Once you use this feature, you must complete a short rest or a long rest before you can use it again.

Background: Noble

You carry the noble title of "Lord." Your family either currently has, or at one time had wealth, power, and influence.

Trait - Retainers
You are the member of a noble family and have the service of three retainers: a squire, a messenger, and an attendant. Your retainers can perform mundane tasks for you but they do not fight for you and will leave if they are frequently endangered or abused.

Proficiencies. You have proficiency with gaming and mounts (land), so you add your proficiency bonus to ability checks you make using them.

Last edited:
dwarves dwarves dwarves dwarves!

i dont know how to play real d&d with rules and shit
this will be ah...interesting

also i cant be the only evil cunt can i?

geeze

huh, i'm also relatively rich compared to the rest of you jerks
hohoho snort chortle and such

you're evil and rich, and surrounded by good. you will be the first to die.

can I be a half-elf ranger?

or is the party full...

You and Falhawk will be the last two that I'm going to allow for now.

Falhawk, you can select any of the characters on the list.
havax, I will put you down as Half-Elf ranger by modifying the Elf Ranger archetype.

That should put us at 11 players for now. I plan to group you guys up and run some adventures separately at least until the groups encounter each other and possibly merge their adventures into a common campaign.

If anyone wants to make changes to their character the next day or two will be the time to do it. I will allow alignment modifications, weapon and equipment modifications and possibly even changes to your background stories (at my approval).

I strum my harp.

"We come frome Durland to slay the Fing! Because it's name rhymes with everything!"
"A-Finging we go, a near and a far, looking for the Fing's gold in an old cookie jar!"

"Oh where Oh where, is that great jar, at the end of the rainbow, lying so far."
"We'll seach the world over and dance and we'll sing, for the jar of gold of the Fing."

Last edited:
i like this bard
do i still have my orange hair and beard braids?
im ok with my axe and being a thug jerk :bigthumb:

hehe this should be fun.

also, if anyone wants to read the d&d next stuff or use the fill-able character sheets, you can grab it from my shared google drive folder

edit: nevermind, it seems i am unable to distribute this information because of the terms and licenses, but it's free to get if you sign up at http://dndplaytest.wizards.com/

Last edited:
dwarves dwarves dwarves dwarves!

i dont know how to play real d&d with rules and shit
this will be ah...interesting

also i cant be the only evil cunt can i?

geeze

The only thing evil means is that your motivations are self centered. I doesn't necessarily mean that you frequently make ritual human sacrifices. Lawful Evil, for example would be a capitalist asshole who lives extravagantly but pays his employees minimum wage.

Last edited:
Back