[Official] GoT S5 Thread

How does it empower him? He killed/burnt the two miller boys and would done the same to the stark kids had he found them. Seeing sansa raped when he may have done something similar even as Theon doesnt exactly force him to 'come back'

It empowers Theon to act
It's literally the defining moment of his journey back

Yeah that could have happened any other way, to use something as brutal as being forced to watch his "sister" get raped when the brutalization does nothing for Sansa herself is just wasteful.

Theon isn't some tragic hero, he is a piece of shit, no one is rooting for him. Most people are a little tired of watching him and Sansa being tortured though, it is exhausting and uncomfortable when there are other ways to move that story along.

Hell have Sansa watch Ramsey torture Theon some and have her take some agency with him out of pity. That could be interesting, and make Sansa something else besides a wet blanket and object to be tortured.

the preview showed sansa talking to theon about escape / rebellion. I guess that scene was one way of setting that up. It was pretty shitty though.

When does he say that? He said a girl is not ready to become no one yet, but she is ready to become someone else.

I didn't see Cat's face there

When does he say that? He said a girl is not ready to become no one yet, but she is ready to become someone else.

I didn't see Cat's face there

She's going to be Cat of the Canals first. AKA, she's ready to assume different identities without switching her actual face.

I suppose they could have gone further away from source material
Idk

It should have gone anywhere else, they filmed it so that Sansa's and Theon's suffering was supposedly equal. Which is just so tone deaf to the realities of what they are depicting. It isn't even that it was rape, it was that it was rape shown poorly in service of nothing.

They fucked up the same thing with Cersei and Jaime last year, they expected something from the audience that the writers hadn't earned or properly framed yet.

They fucked up the same thing with Dany and Drogo in the first season, changing what was more consensual in the books to pretty damn rapey in service of nothing. They just got less shit because the show wasn't that popular yet.

You would have to think they would have learned by now. Everyone understands the world of Ice and Fire is brutal and shitty but to keep reminding the audience of this fact with scenes that serve little narrative purpose is just tiresome.

the preview showed sansa talking to theon about escape / rebellion. I guess that scene was one way of setting that up. It was pretty shitty though.

Why did she need to be raped in order to want to plan rebellion? Didn't LF tell her a few eps back about how now she is close to the boltons, so now you can attack? Why did her being raped somehow spur this? Should have been doing it from day 1 you dolt

Arya doesn't want to be a faceless man, she just wants revenge

That's what I got out of that

Yep. Becoming no one apparently means leaving your past behind you, losing all your memories and stuff. If all you want to do is kill, you need your memory and personality for that. Arya is probably beginning to rethink, based on what is now the cost.

Was there a chance that Ramsey wasn't going to rape her and have Reek Watch?

Just shows how bad the Boltons are, and like wth? was Littlefinger trying to accomplish besides screwing up Sansa and turning her into Alys Finch from Gloriana.

He has to have a lock that the Boltons are all going to die, except maybe Roose's Twins bride.

Last edited:
Why did she need to be raped in order to want to plan rebellion? Didn't LF tell her a few eps back about how now she is close to the boltons, so now you can attack? Why did her being raped somehow spur this? Should have been doing it from day 1 you dolt
Not Sansa - Theon.

And Sansa has no choice to temp ally herself with Theon. She hates him, but needs his help to get out of there. Enter Brienne, Enter 'candle in window' people, and sansa is playing the game.

Would have preferred her getting eaten out tho, thats some solid programming

I never read the books so i could lay down 100 questions but...i digress.

One question i do have. Is Sansa Stark name enough to even have a rebellion or raise an Army and take back the North?

Back