A retrospective on eating a habanero pepper...

I don't think they are that hot. I work produce, and we had Red Habaneros on the shelf. I had a customer ask me what they were, so I took a bite out of one to make sure it was a habanero (I had never seen red ones before). It was hot, but I didn't need a drink or anything, I wasn't even quite sure it was a habanero at first because I wasn't impressed... supposedly the red ones are twice as hot as the ordinary too.

:shrug:

You took a small bite of the fleshy pepper itself and probably promptly swallowed it. It doesnt burn unless you give it a good chew, and (I believe) the seeds are the hot part.

At least the OP did it sober and not drunk at a party. Could of killed yourself if you were wasted and there was no milk in the house.
Yeah, there's some people who can eat peppers like it's nothing, but they build up to it.

fucking member. who the fuck doesn't know what a habanero pepper is? You might as well swallow a bottle of mace (one of the active ingredients in pepper spray / mace is the same chemical). way to suck at life moron.

I bought 4 habaneros at the store last night

I'm going to chop them up and put them in my ground beef I bought and make spicy burgers

and dash some hot sauce on them when I eat them

I love them

At least the OP did it sober and not drunk at a party. Could of killed yourself if you were wasted and there was no milk in the house.
Yeah, there's some people who can eat peppers like it's nothing, but they build up to it.

I chewed a habanero drunk at a party on a dare. I can handle pretty hot stuff so I figured I'd be cool. Took about 3 or 4 seconds to kick in, then I spit the son of a bitch out and ran my tongue under water for about a minute then I was ok.

for you killjoy

greattit.jpg

Yeah, I don't know if you were to panic in that situation I'm sure you could choke to death or something. You don't really understand until you've had one. I'm sure bhut jolokias are insane.

actually, even if you eat them on a regular basis, if you inhale wrong as you swallow, a massive coughing attack usually sets in. i eat peppers daily and this has happened to me a few times. it'd really suck if you're not used to eating them, and start coughing and shit, then go into panic mode. plus they'll absolutely kill your stomach if you're not used to them.

Back