News: Tribes: Vengeance Skinning Contest

gemini_cg said:
wow, some of these look extremely pro! great job guys!

heh, doubt i'll even come close to winning, but this is just for fun and experience

here are mines:

Wow, these are incredible. These and Dunce Boy's are my favorites.

gemini_cg said:
wow, some of these look extremely pro! great job guys!

heh, doubt i'll even come close to winning, but this is just for fun and experience

here are mines:
http://www3.telus.net/zerodesigns/trender.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:o

peachskin said:
i am still working on mine...here are a few colorization test (quickly made, just to see and have some fun after hours of work...).
top left looks sweet, can you post one with a white helmet and a dark/black body suit(the purple) underneath?

the bottom right and top right both = win, submit them :bigthumb:

BALL_SKIN1.JPG

I was hoping someone would create a skin for the "sporty" gametypes.....this was my idea, which i worked on for about 20 mins, first time ever using max and trying to skin something heh...just wanted to get across the idea that i had. too bad i suck actually creating art...but i have good ideas damnit.

i love these skins. i just spent alot more time than i should have looking through this thread. you guys are doing a completely awsome job. the only thing i think i can suggest to ya'll is a more rustic look. since this game IS a prequal, how bout some imperfections? or dirt? or cracks? or something, that would be awsome.... :)

i know nothin about skinning (other than my t1 set of skins), so carry on. cant wait to see more :D

Can I get someones opinion on mine?

I'm looking at the legs, and I modeled mine around the original pattern. I could do something original, throw in a different design, but I'm worried because alot of the devs work is recolors. Though I understand that they aren't exclusively looking for recolors, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to follow the guideline patterns of the original to make it fit in a bit better. I want to give mine the look where it'll fit in but not stick out like a sore thumb.

I've done a multitude of things to steer away from the original design, and rest assured this ain't just a recolor, I've met a healthy medium... but whats your opinion on this... Should I go for it and slap together annother leg plate tommorow, or does it look fine as it is?

Wow, these are all really neat Skins!!

looks like you people put alot of time into these skins, and it really pays off.
(btw, is it just me or does Arcanox have a Damn nice background??, btw, your skin also looks damn nice too! but i think you should re-do the legs.)

-Cal

Even when they pick just one of these designs, I would like to see a skinpack come along with T:V featuring all the quality skins in this thread.

for me, it's now between peach, dunce, and gemeni. zero, you were in on it... but i've started at the beauty of yours so long that these new guys are just intruiging me more :)

I'm amazed at all the from-scratch skins here. I tried doing a simple recolor with some small changes, and even that is taking a a long time. Props to everyone who did it from scratch, though IMO some of them don't fit in with the existing skins, which probably hurts their chance of winning. Peachskin's are my favorite for now, they are incredible.

Last edited:
Back