[NFL] 2018 Off-season & Draft

HelenKeller

Blind BitchXV
espn insider latest mock:

Spoiler

49ers signed QB Jimmy Garoppolo to a five-year, $137.5 million contract.

In terms of average-annual value — $27.5 million — it makes Garoppolo the highest-paid player in NFL history. That's at least until Kirk Cousins hits free agency. Going on 27, Garoppolo has made only seven career starts, but he has won all of them. He was a wonder in his six 2017 49ers appearances, completing 67.4 percent of his 178 passes while averaging 8.8 yards per attempt. This, with Marquise Goodwin as his No. 1 receiver. Garoppolo's signature is his lighting-quick release. It allows him to attempt throws other quarterbacks would not dream of. The money is eye-popping for someone with so little regular season experience, but Garoppolo should validate the 49ers' trust in 2018.

MMQB's Albert Breer believes "Rob Gronkowski’s rumblings about retirement are real."

According to Breer, Gronk has "been responsible with his finances," so walking away early is not as big of a financial concern as it might be for other players. Gronk is also a veritable star who reportedly is looking into an acting career once his playing days are finished. We still think it is likely Gronkowski returns in 2018, but considering the beating he takes each season and the options available to him, it is not surprising he is at least thinking about walking away.

Give me Mayfield, fuck even if the Broncos lose he will be fun to watch. Fuck these no talent hacks they keep shuffling our there behind that garbage O-line.

Next round of big name QB's contracts are going to be insane.

As for the ESPN mock, for Seattle, highly doubt Hawks draft a guy with those measurements.

I don't blame Gronk for considering retirement. Dude gets fucked up every season. That hit in the AFC championship game may have done it

I would say Gronk plays another year then calls it quits after the Patriots have a mediocre season where he still got beat up.

"ASSUMING ANDREW LUCK COMES BACK HEALTHY, INDY WILL LIKELY SNAG A DEFENSIVE END" o ok

what an incompetent fucking shit show

also sam darnold lmao

even more fucked up

how shitty is brian kelly to have 3 first round OL and not be able to move the ball efficiently

unreal

NRUjLGy.jpg

does anyone know if Garoppolo's contract is incentive based? I know the 9ers are hard-up for anything but that contract seems excessive for a new player. Why does JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf come to mind? :lol:

espn insider: GM for a day: Making every NFL team's biggest free-agent decision

Spoiler

Mike Leslie @MikeLeslieWFAA 4m #NFL commissioner Roger Goodell expected to fine Jerry Jones ‘millions of dollars’ for fight against Goodell’s contract extension and fight against Ezekiel Elliott’s suspension
Daily Snark @DailySnark REPORT: Roger Goodell is getting ready to fine Jerry Jones "millions of dollars" because he publicly criticized him.

:popcorn:

Back