[NHL] Official Playoffs 2011 Thread

The problem with the Campbell hit was that it was to the head, but the player had his head down and it couldn't have gone any other way unless he just didn't make the hit.

I hate seeing guys get knocked out, but I don't want hockey to turn into the NFL where there are so many rules when hitting a guy that guys just don't hit hard.

Check the slow motion replays, particularly the one at 1:00. It's shoulder to shoulder, and would not draw any supplementary discipline from the league. Or at least it shouldn't, but if it's Colin Campbell making the call it probably depends on which teams are involved.

Just got all my Predators playoff tickets today. Can't wait for Sunday :) Preds in 4

I went to a Nashville game in October as a Caps fan, great hockey city and all around experience. I'd never gone out of town to a hockey game before, it was interesting how I was instantly friends with anyone else wearing a Caps jersey. But Nashville fans were great, arena staff too. They've become my favorite team in the West as a result.

All I can say is Van City Allstars. Get your popcorn ready, the cup is coming back to Canada via Vancouver.

I can hardly work today I'm so amped.

TJH(%#})%#}(#R"THEIH is how I feel :)

I'm of the opinion any contact to the head should be a suspension.

Hitting is a part of hockey... These crazy violent hits are fun to see but this is brain damage we're talking about here. Players have major issues later in life.

All I can say is Van City Allstars. Get your popcorn ready, the cup is coming back to Canada via Vancouver.

I can hardly work today I'm so amped.

TJH(%#})%#}(#R"THEIH is how I feel :)
Fuck Vancouver

I seriously hope the hawks torch you guys

I'm of the opinion any contact to the head should be a suspension.

Hitting is a part of hockey... These crazy violent hits are fun to see but this is brain damage we're talking about here. Players have major issues later in life.

keep your head up then. It's not rocket science. Young players are getting rocked because they are too shielded from learning to protect yourself. Its almost becoming a joke. It's almost as if they are told not to worry about that because it's not against the rules.

It would be the same in football. You don't run with your head down. You are going to get hurt if you can't see hits coming.

keep your head up then. It's not rocket science. Young players are getting rocked because they are too shielded from learning to protect yourself. Its almost becoming a joke. It's almost as if they are told not to worry about that because it's not against the rules.

It would be the same in football. You don't run with your head down. You are going to get hurt if you can't see hits coming.
Claiming that players all of a sudden now skate with their heads down is assinine.

They always have.

Always will.

A player cannot accidently tap their stick on another players helmet without an automatic penalty. Why? Because sticks are their responsibility to control.

Smashing another player in the head whether they see It coming or not is reckless and causes brain damage.

Brain damage.

Brain damage.

Back