News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOX said:
doxTVbox3d_2.jpg
:lol:
win.

I've read enough of this thread to realize that several of you appear to have a sense of entitlement just because you participate in the beta, or because you've played the older Tribes games. Well, you are entitled to nothing. Menzo and the folks at Irrational, although providing you with a good time, are using you for free. You're a resource, and only one of many. Your opinions are duly noted, but this is a corporation, not a democracy. As much as you may hate this, Menzo is probably better informed as to what Johnny Six Pack wants when he walks down the aisles of Walmart than any of you. You are all tainted by the fact that you are hardcore fans, and are not open to the possibility that what you think sucks might be extremely appealing to other people.

That having been said, I don't give a crap about the box either way. I pull out the game, and throw the box away. And then I lose the manual and CD key. And then I punch a hole in the wall, and go buy another ugly box. And then I drink lots of beer and post on this hellish forum. So it all works out.

LogRoller said:
I've read enough of this thread to realize that several of you appear to have a sense of entitlement just because you participate in the beta, or because you've played the older Tribes games. Well, you are entitled to nothing. Menzo and the folks at Irrational, although providing you with a good time, are using you for free. You're a resource, and only one of many. Your opinions are duly noted, but this is a corporation, not a democracy. As much as you may hate this, Menzo is probably better informed as to what Johnny Six Pack wants when he walks down the aisles of Walmart than any of you. You are all tainted by the fact that you are hardcore fans, and are not open to the possibility that what you think sucks might be extremely appealing to other people.

That having been said, I don't give a crap about the box either way. I pull out the game, and throw the box away. And then I lose the manual and CD key. And then I punch a hole in the wall, and go buy another ugly box. And then I drink lots of beer and post on this hellish forum. So it all works out.

You'd be a perfect replacement for Menzo in the condescending department.

Anyways, yes the T:V stands out. But the reaction you want to invoke typically isn't one of complete laughter.

Ordos said:
You'd be a perfect replacement for Menzo in the condescending department.

Anyways, yes the T:V stands out. But the reaction you want to invoke typically isn't one of complete laughter.

I'm condescending because I know, deep in my heart, that I am superior to you in every way. Menzo is just a big cranky pants. So I would not merely be a "replacement", but rather I would be a vast improvement in the condescending department.

Colosus said:
Which one stands out more?

The White BOX stands out more... but once you accually look at the white box and see the shitty game art you move on.

The other two may not stand out from all the others in such a striking way, but they 1) show off how pretty the game looks and 2) look "cool", which, if you haven't noticed lately, it pretty damn important to that 14-20 core gaming crowd that we seem to atract so much of around here.

edit: Pretty art suggest a game that is well made and will be fun, shitty graphics suggests that the game is low quality, had no budget for good art, and will suck horribly.

The T:V box doesn't do #1 or #2. It doesn't show off how pretty it is, or look in anyway cool. I agree that the box needs to show off the flying and freedom of movement tribes if famous for, but it needs to nail down the basics first.

Just replacing the game art would do wonders for the box. Keep the white, keep the layout, but for the love of all that is holy, change the damn game art.

Last edited:
LogRoller said:
I'm condescending because I know, deep in my heart, that I am superior to you in every way. Menzo is just a big cranky pants. So I would not merely be a "replacement", but rather I would be a vast improvement in the condescending department.

You got my vote. You can do it with style.

kanarde said:
The T:V box doesn't do #1 or #2. It doesn't show off how pretty it is, or look in anyway cool. I agree that the box needs to show off the flying and freedom of movement tribes if famous for, but it needs to nail down the basics first.
I'm pretty sure the "white box" has worked for EA for years now.

Void|deadjawa said:
I'm pretty sure the "white box" has worked for EA for years now.

If you had read my entire post...

I like the white box. I love it. Its great. It stands out. Fucking Awsome.

BUT... the game art that 20 people have have replaced that is on the white box sucks ass.

So once again, keep the white box, and the layout, but change the bloody game art.

Colosus said:
boxes.jpg

BTW - Why does the Doom3 box and the HalfLife 2 box get the developers logos on the front and Irrational gets screwed?

Put an Irrational logo on the front if nothing else, jeese :/

Dead issue or not my opinion is that Tribes box looks white trashy. Someone is too good of a friend of the guy who designed that and doesn't want to hurt his feelings or something. Seriously, it's terrible.

Colosus said:

I don't suppose you (or someone) could replace the "offical" T:V box w/ some of the ones that have been posted in that picture... I'm curious to see how they look against D3 and HL2.

Also, Colosus, what do YOU think of the box?

xgalaxy said:
BTW - Why does the Doom3 box and the HalfLife 2 box get the developers logos on the front and Irrational gets screwed?

Put an Irrational logo on the front if nothing else, jeese :/

It does seem kind of unfair, I mean, does Sierra even exist anymore? I thought they had pretty much just become a brand name that VUG owns. It seems kind of redundant to put VUG and Sierra on the cover when they're both the same company.

The T:V box isn't even in the same league as the HL2 or Doom 3 box. Does it stand out? Sure, but so would a box that was completely pink with flashing lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back