Egg in Ramen?

I've never done any of this and I've been eating and thoroughly enjoying Ramen since I was 8 years old (it was the first thing I learned to cook for myself). I'm 21 now and still eat it. Guess I'll try some of this stuff.

okay how is this prepared. cook ramen with egg and cheese together and just mixed until together. or what. i wanna try this

Depends on how raw you want the egg to be. If you want it to be pretty well done, you throw the egg in early (assuming this is on a stove). If you like it pretty raw, throw the egg after the noodles are cooked and the hot water will slightly cook the egg.

For the cheese, just throw it in after the noodles are done. That works for shredded cheese but may not work for slices. You would probably need to throw in the cheese a bit earlier if it's a slice.

... I've been eating and thoroughly enjoying Ramen since I was 8 years old...
How's that good old stomach lining doing?

Depends on how raw you want the egg to be. If you want it to be pretty well done, you throw the egg in early (assuming this is on a stove). If you like it pretty raw, throw the egg after the noodles are cooked and the hot water will slightly cook the egg.

For the cheese, just throw it in after the noodles are done. That works for shredded cheese but may not work for slices. You would probably need to throw in the cheese a bit earlier if it's a slice.

I'm not saying I eat it every day. Average out all the ramen I've eaten over the years it probably balances out to about 2-3 packets a week.

You put the slice of cheese on top, after you are done cooking it. Just put it on top after you've put the ramen in the bowl. Wait a minute or two for the cheese to get nice and melted.

03628_a.jpg

and yes, I like egg in it :D

I tried that cheese shit. Needless to say, I almost threw up and I have a pot of ramen to throw away. FUCK YOU. I'm sticking to just eggs.

i just got done

i didnt hate it

i didnt try a slice of american cheese though because, logistically, i couldnt figure out what to do with it

alos, it sounds gross

stir in a egg in while boiling the noodles +butter
drain
add hot sauce
green onions
jalepenos
chunk of chicken breast
and the season packet...
awesome food

I tried that cheese shit. Needless to say, I almost threw up and I have a pot of ramen to throw away. FUCK YOU. I'm sticking to just eggs.

It really only works on the spicy ramen, I haven't tried it with top ramen or any of that other cheap crap. If you want GOOD ramen, you go with what I had linked before.

Ramen is an amazing thing. imo the only way to do egg drop is scramble an egg, cook ramen on the stove, then remove from heat and pour in the egg while stirring. It takes some practice to get the stirring right. Too fast and it gets soupy, too slow and it chunks. Don't worry about salmonella or some shit. Thin tendrils of egg in almost boiling water cooks in about 2 seconds.

For a cheap stir fry marinate some chicken, throw in garlic and ginger with oil, add chicken and veggies (onion, bell peppers, and spicy peppers), then serve over egg drop ramen without flavoring. Tweak to your pleasure.

If you want a seriously filling quick meal make a ramen bomb. It sounds like utter lunacy but tastes delicious so bear with me. Make ramen normal style then when you're done throw in a bit of instant mashed potato powder and cheese. If you don't believe the sheer awesomeness try it sometime.

Back