Daily Show and libtards on abortion/rape

You've compared numbers from two different studies/surveys without an understanding of where either number came from and dismissed the results of your bullshit calculation based upon your own anecdotal experience. If anyone in this thread is guilty of the things you allegedly don't like, it's you.
No I didn't. I simply quoted the number you libtards were using, then compared it to the only number available (84,000 by the FBI). I even prefaced it by saying that's total reported allegations of rape, not including people who don't report it (OBVIOUSLY), or actual convictions to prove rape actually occurred. I completely understand the numbers, which is why I made this thread calling out you libtards for misusing them.

Maybe you shouldn't be throwing around the 32k number if you don't know how it compares to anything else, let alone how the 32k itself was formulated.

I was thinking validuz would take his head out of his ass between pages 3 and 6 and figure out what the statistics are actually saying, but even with God's help he was unable to. Apparently his shitty education and subpar intelligence doesn't allow him to critically think about things he reads.

"STUDY DESIGN:

A national probability sample of 4008 adult American women took part in a 3-year longitudinal survey that assessed the prevalence and incidence of rape and related physical and mental health outcomes."

"RESULTS:

The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year
"

this implies that in their study, ~1.2% of the women surveyed (48) had been raped over the course of the 3 yr study. Of those women, 3 became pregnant. they then extrapolated the percentages to the general population. Doing so indicates that .4% of American women are raped every year.

That statistic is 3 times higher than the actual reported cases of rape/sexual assault in 2005:

According to United States Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, there were overall 191,670 victims of rape or sexual assault reported in 2005

gg

Last edited:
I was thinking validuz would take his head out of his ass between pages 3 and 6 and figure out what the statistics are actually saying, but even with God's help he was unable to.
Ah, more libtard argument tactics in action:
Ignore argument when you're wrong, attack the person.

Anti-intellectualism and intellectual dishonesty at its best.

*Edit* Oh, would you look at that, you decided to actually reply.

Last edited:
"RESULTS:

The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year

this implies that in their study, ~1.2% of the women surveyed (48) had been raped over the course of the 3 yr study. Of those women, 3 became pregnant. they then extrapolated the percentages to the general population. Doing so indicates that .4% of American women are raped every year.
Nothing new is posted or refutes anything. You copy/pasted the first page that's been linked several times, even by me. Congrats?

It's still quoting a 32k number that's skewed by people just claiming they're raped to get abortions. Even if it was 32k pregnancies out of 191k sexual assaults/rapes (aka, majority sexual assaults, not rape), that's still completely out of whack for what's possible considering fertility days and sperm life.

Your argument for 32k to be accurate would mean that women are pretty much only getting raped during ovulation.

That statistic is 3 times higher than the actual reported cases of rape/sexual assault in 2005:

According to United States Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, there were overall 191,670 victims of rape or sexual assault reported in 2005
:rofl: All forms of sexual assault are rape now?

Someone needs to go back to grade school.

Try again, Eggi. I'll wait.

BTW FWIW

assignment-7-graph-background-info.gif

If humans keep up the present population growth in < 500 years we will be standing packed shoulder to shoulder over all the land (even if we are skinny, which we most likely would be hehe) 500 years after that we will be standing on each others shoulders a million deep, and 1000 years after that we will be screaming off into space at light speed reaching the edge of the known universe. But don't worry people, Jebus will be comming and saving our asses long before that soooo

do you think that when less people existed more people got quality, actually useful in a genius producing way, education, than what we get now?
ie: more people - more smarts theoretically, but in practice it feels we have less Renascence men, or genius level break throughs like eintstein
?

the DS idiot . . liberal idiots. . :lol: Libtard math.

It's about liberals lying. .partisan retards

Let me try, libtard

bullshit claims

If liberals actually cared

Libtards can't do math. I don't expect much from you.

:ftard: More libtard math failure.

Let me explain that again, because I know you'll fail to understand. . . they're whores. . .obvious bullshit.

Instead of admitting you were wrong, you just claim I'm mad.

Oh, you're the foremost expert on verified rape?

Okay, how many rapes have you done? How many have you watched? How many have you assisted in, but not actually joined in sexually? How many do you know of that were happening in another room and just sat quiet?

Awaiting your answers...

Read it again and try to figure it out. . .

No, child.. .you clearly failed. ..fucking idiot.. .Learn to read. . .
whatever statistics you're referencing are more than likely bullshit.

. .don't let that stop libtards from poking fun. . .
:lol: Hypocritical libtards.

I don't need to read jack shit. . full liberal retardation. . .bullshit numbers

That's called bullshit.

it's all bullshit

you fucking idiot. . .dipshit?

Learn to read.

you libtards . . calling out you libtards

more libtard argument tactics

overpopulation is a myth due to the combination of survival of the fittest and limited resources.

Last edited:
Yea can't believe somebody took the time to quote your illogical uneducated drivel (pure anger) over an Issue that YOU brought up.
Shut the fuck up you're disgracing your own cause

Aaaaaand keep clear of hills, they might be infront of you, FUCkER

Nothing new is posted or refutes anything. You copy/pasted the first page that's been linked several times, even by me. Congrats?

It's still quoting a 32k number that's skewed by people just claiming they're raped to get abortions. Even if it was 32k pregnancies out of 191k sexual assaults/rapes (aka, majority sexual assaults, not rape), that's still completely out of whack for what's possible considering fertility days and sperm life.

Your argument for 32k to be accurate would mean that women are pretty much only getting raped during ovulation.

:rofl: All forms of sexual assault are rape now?

Try again, Eggi. I'll wait.

weird how they did a study with only 4008 ppl and came up with a number of 32K (representing 5% of all rapes, according to their study)

I wonder if they applied the percentages they found in the study to the general population.

hmmm :weird:

btw, I like how you think I was magically taking a stance on something. the only thing I was doing is pointing out how ridiculously stupid and pathetic you are.

mission accomplished

Last edited:
Not sure if someone has posted this but:

Todd Akin Challenged by Doctors on Rape and Pregnancy - ABC News

relevant section:
"The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) reports someone in the United States is sexually assaulted every two minutes, and on average there are 207,754 victims (age 12 or older) of sexual assault every year.

How many become pregnant? A 1996 study in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology reported that “among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year.” This study said the rate of becoming pregnant after sexual assault is considerable, estimating that “the national rape-pregnancy rate is 5.0 percent per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45).”

As for your statement that they are just saying they were raped to get an abortion, they don't need to make shit up since it's legal. But regardless this is probably where the Daily Show got it's information. Peer reviewed scientific journal. I'd say that's a pretty solid source.

A more recent study does state 10-15k are "reported" each year, but if you look up the statistics law enforcement and medical professionals estimate between a 40%-60% rape reporting rate, so even that meshes up when estimating,

Also:
"A 2003 study using data from the United States National Violence Against Women survey found that the rate at which women get pregnant after an incident of sexual assault is more than double that of a single act of consensual sex. In this report, published in the journal Human Nature, the per-incident rape-pregnancy rate was 6.42 percent, and as high as 7.98 percent with statistical correction. Of women having consensual sex, the per-incident pregnancy rate was 3.1 percent."

Almost twice as likely to conceive from rape.

Last edited:
weird how they did a study with only 4008 ppl and came up with a number of 32K (representing 5% of all rapes, according to their study)

I wonder if they applied the percentages they found in the study to the general population.

hmmm :weird:
There's nothing really weird about it.

Nothing new posted yet again, nor contradicts a single thing I said.

32k pregnancies a year from rape, while only 84k are reported (not even proven). Obvious horseshit. Their estimates from who is raped is taken from surveys done by agenda-driven pro-women groups.

btw, I like how you think I was magically taking a stance on something. the only thing I was doing is pointing out how ridiculously stupid and pathetic you are.

mission accomplished
You claimed my numbers usage was wrong, therefore you were taking a stance.

God damn you're dumb.

Per Capita, 28 people in every 100,000 American's were victims of a reported rape in 2010. That would appear to mean that the Daily Show has claimed 1 in 3 reported rape cases results in pregnancy.

That would seem to be a very improbable number considering the odds of a random sexual encounter occuring within the limited period of days every month that a woman is capable of being impregnated.

It's also an alarming number that would hint at some sort of unspoken epidemic that if the majority of authentic incidents of rape go unreported and 94,000 Americans were still reportedly rape... then a frightening number of people are getting raped all the time, every day in america.

In fact... the odds of someone reading this thread about to get raped right now... are curiously favorable. :eek:

Not sure if someone has posted this but:

Todd Akin Challenged by Doctors on Rape and Pregnancy - ABC News

relevant section:
"The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) reports someone in the United States is sexually assaulted every two minutes, and on average there are 207,754 victims (age 12 or older) of sexual assault every year.

How many become pregnant? A 1996 study in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology reported that “among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year.” This study said the rate of becoming pregnant after sexual assault is considerable, estimating that “the national rape-pregnancy rate is 5.0 percent per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45).”

As for your statement that they are just saying they were raped to get an abortion, they don't need to make shit up since it's legal. But regardless this is probably where the Daily Show got it's information. Peer reviewed scientific journal. I'd say that's a pretty solid source.

A more recent study does state 10-15k are "reported" each year, but if you look up the statistics law enforcement and medical professionals estimate between a 40%-60% rape reporting rate, so even that meshes up when estimating,

Also:
"A 2003 study using data from the United States National Violence Against Women survey found that the rate at which women get pregnant after an incident of sexual assault is more than double that of a single act of consensual sex. In this report, published in the journal Human Nature, the per-incident rape-pregnancy rate was 6.42 percent, and as high as 7.98 percent with statistical correction. Of women having consensual sex, the per-incident pregnancy rate was 3.1 percent."

Almost twice as likely to conceive from rape.
United States National Violence Against Women survey

A survey.

I use factual data from the FBI: 84,000 reported rapes (not even convictions), and you come back with a survey performed by an agenda-driven pro-women group. :lol:

Sorry, where are the FACTS that several million women a year are raped in the US?

Back