Blizzard takes 2v2 away.

My coworker has an interesting theory on all of this. Mainly he thinks Blizzard is intentionally ruining WoW slowly to whet appetites for D2 and SC2. Once those are out, WoW will be more complete shit and it'll be all ready for all the former WoW players to jump onto the second MMO they are already working on.

Not saying I fully believe it but I could see how that would be possible, I mean they have to realize their entire strategy of mainstreaming their MMO as led to people being less addicted and more mindful of wanting to pay to play two MMOs at once. :shrug:

Well I'm sure the marketing executives have their projections. The game will become easier for people to play. They are always looking for ways to generate revenue in character customizations, transfers, faction transfers etc. When the subscription numbers start to decline consistently they will open up race / class changes to keep money going as long as they can.

I guess we'll see, I'm just hoping that their next MMO is something more original. If you think about it Blizzard has been carried by two series (Warcraft, Starcraft) with the occasional Diablo injection. I'm sure D3 will pull in all the old diablo fans.

My coworker has an interesting theory on all of this. Mainly he thinks Blizzard is intentionally ruining WoW slowly to whet appetites for D2 and SC2. Once those are out, WoW will be more complete shit and it'll be all ready for all the former WoW players to jump onto the second MMO they are already working on.

Not saying I fully believe it but I could see how that would be possible, I mean they have to realize their entire strategy of mainstreaming their MMO as led to people being less addicted and more mindful of wanting to pay to play two MMOs at once. :shrug:

There's the problem with your buddy's theory.

There are plenty of people with the means to pay for WoW and a new MMO. So ruining a successful franchise, with rich lore, to completely redevelop a new franchise is retarded. If anything, they will find a way to continue the lore and continue the franchise in other forms, whether it be an MMO or not.

Angering your largest player base makes absolutely no sense. What is "ruining" WoW for hardcore PvE and PvPers is the exact reasoning I posted above. They are doing the exact opposite of angering their silent majority.

WoW is a cash cow.

There's no way they'd abandon it. Not even for WoW 2.

They can just throw a new instance at it every 4 months, and a new Xpac every 2 years, and it will live forever.

you mean you have this retared theory and you dont want to look stupid so you will pass it off as a "coworker"

Blizzard said the second MMO won't even compete with WoW; that's how different it will be.

So that leads me to blindly speculate it's going to be either a more sandbox niche game so they can dominate that market too, or some retarded console nonsense.

I would really love to see a Blizzard developed sandbox MMO...it'd be pretty insane to have Blizzard polish on UO or pre CU SWG style gameplay.

As for the theory, your coworker is a moron. I think WoW has been in decline over the past few years, but I can't really point my finger at anything to blame for it. I think it's safe to say Blizzard isn't intentionally damaging their game; like any business they are making a product that will bring in the most revenue.

Personally, I just think it's too big at this point and it feels more like a business than a game...any immersion or sincerity it once had has been killed off over the years. That's not necessarily a bad thing for some people, but for others it is.

There are a hell of a lot more people who absolutely love the game and love where they're going with it and think it's better than ever, and they almost certainly outweigh the people who think it's going in the wrong direction.

With technology today they could make something close to an FPS MMO. No more in combat/out of combat stuff and tab targeting.

Blizzard said the second MMO won't even compete with WoW; that's how different it will be.

So that leads me to blindly speculate it's going to be either a more sandbox niche game so they can dominate that market too, or some retarded console nonsense.

I would really love to see a Blizzard developed sandbox MMO...it'd be pretty insane to have Blizzard polish on UO or pre CU SWG style gameplay.

As for the theory, your coworker is a moron. I think WoW has been in decline over the past few years, but I can't really point my finger at anything to blame for it. I think it's safe to say Blizzard isn't intentionally damaging their game; like any business they are making a product that will bring in the most revenue.

Personally, I just think it's too big at this point and it feels more like a business than a game...any immersion or sincerity it once had has been killed off over the years. That's not necessarily a bad thing for some people, but for others it is.

There are a hell of a lot more people who absolutely love the game and love where they're going with it and think it's better than ever, and they almost certainly outweigh the people who think it's going in the wrong direction.

its cuz their next mmo will be a console game... in other words it will fuckin suck... for hardcore gamers like most of the nerds here (including me :()

its cuz their next mmo will be a console game... in other words it will fuckin suck... for hardcore gamers like most of the nerds here (including me :()

Has Blizzard made a game that truly sucked?

I'm probably asking the wrong person...

Has Blizzard made a game that truly sucked?

I'm probably asking the wrong person...

for particular demographics, sure... cant please everyone though and they definitely tried (pvp v pve balancing).

their next mmo will probably be a huge pve only console carebear circle jerk and theyll have 20 mil subscribers who will love it. but for me itll suck.

Back