Faction Change

If you want a vanilla server then when 3.2 drops pay the 10g to turn off experience gains @ 60, exercise some self control and stay out of Outlands or Northrend.

Thank you Captain Obvious. I think we're all able to read PTR patch notes.

I don't want a Vanilla server. Never have, never will. It's just one of the many things people have been crying for. Which I'm pretty sure Blizzard will be more than happy to provide in the not too far off future. Blizzard is systematically caving in to every player whim possible for better or worse.

pretty much sums up the entire wow experience now

cash%20cow.jpg

I don't get the people who complain about the paid services. Do they expect them to be free or something? $10 for name change - name change should never be free, don't believe any other mmo even offers name changes, let alone free ones. $15 for name/appearance change - fair price considering it lets you change your name as well as gender, I think it'd be pretty dumb if you could change your gender for free ingame whenever you wanted to. I guess you could argue that they should let you change skin color/face for free, but they already allow you to change hair/accessories for free ingame, which should be enough for most. $25 for server xfer - I think this is the only one that's a little too much, it should be $15-20 imo. However, no other mmo offers free moves to a server of your choice, only ones to low pop servers (which wow does as well).

So, yeah, I don't understand why people scoff at Blizz for releasing new services that people have been asking for forever. You don't have to use them, but there's people out that want to.

I love the slippery slope mentality that some people have about stuff like this. It's not a big deal. You're a fucking tool if you're actually complaining about this.

ARGH WTF, now instead of wasting more of my life rerolling and leveling new toons on the opposite faction I can just pay to change it!!@%1 OMG, I hate all these paid services that let give players more options and improve their game-play experience. Those greedy fuckers at Blizzard just want more money from everyone, it's like they're a business or something!@111

I love the slippery slope mentality that some people have about stuff like this. It's not a big deal. You're a fucking tool if you're actually complaining about this.

100% true. Fucking crybabies.

I've seen so many "Wah im QUITTING" posts it's ridiculous.

they don't say that

they say that it is tantamount to a slap in the face bc it adds credibilty to their argument bc they are obvs very smrt

however; sometimes they say that it's paramount to one

i read all of those posts

You complain about being on a small server, but blizzard has a solution to that too.

You have the ability to fix your problem but choose not to. Congratulations on being Feannag Jr.
I wouldn't want to xfer because I play with my friends on the server I'm currently on, unless they all decided to as well.

I think you're missing the point though. I don't really mind playing on a small server at all; I just think that some of their recent changes have the potential to damage those servers more than large ones. You can't simply say "WELL THEN XFER RETARD" because some people like the small servers or like the guild they're in or the friends that they play with.

It's not that I'm complaining about playing on a small server; it's that I think the 2v2 changes are really detrimental to small servers, and the faction change has the POTENTIAL to be as well, unless they implement something that blocks faction swaps from low to high when there's a 3-1 ratio.

As for all the paid services...frankly I'm not a huge fan of them, but I agree that it's funny that people complain about having to pay for it. If you want to get screwed out of your money to change your gender, and if there's enough people doing it for Blizz to make some money, so be it; it's a business like anything else.

There's already enough transfers / name changes etc with a price...it'd just be fucking absurd if people were changing their gender every month for free or xfering for free.

I suppose I'm just a jaded bitch...not really the target audience for World of Warcraft. To me it just feels like a bloated cash cow and not an MMO anymore...

Last edited:
I just wish I could make my priest an orc. It's not like WOTF is used more than once a day by me anyways and I don't go swimming enough to take advantage of the increased ability to breathe underwater and 10 shadow resist is nothing. I want giant shoulders and a gnarly beard.

I think that when you pay the $25 to xfer a toon you should be able to xfer as many toons as you'd like off the same server for the same fee. It's a joke that people with geared out alts can spend $100 just to move to a server they may end up hating then another $100 to bring them back. I've spent $75 myself transferring toons to play with Adren's guild and then move my main and a semi-geared alt back to my original server/guild. The money was worth not having to level and gear out a fresh character, but it wasn't easy getting my wife to approve spending that much money on a game I already spend money to play every 3 months.

I don't want a Vanilla server. Never have, never will. It's just one of the many things people have been crying for. Which I'm pretty sure Blizzard will be more than happy to provide in the not too far off future. Blizzard is systematically caving in to every player whim possible for better or worse.
There would be no financial motive for them to provide a "vanilla" server when it would likely just be another realm anyone could roll on. It would also require them to maintain a different configuration from the standard used on every other realm, just to appeal to a very small minority that could achieve the same experience by not buying TBC or WotLK, or spending 10g.

chaingun- if you haven't seen the direction wow has been going the past 2 years, then you haven't really been playing

its been going down the shitter for awhile, its just unfortunate nothing better is out :(

Back