PTR Patch Notes 3.2.0

Not sure where you're getting the 25% all-around reduction from. To hit that, you'd need a total of 2050 resilience, which isn't even possible if you gemmed 16 res in every socket, enchanted, etc. Most people will have 10-12%

Resilience has 2 stats, one that reduces your chance to be crit, and then one that reduces the effect of DoTs and mana burn. The second number is double the first. So if you're running 10-12% crit reduction, you would be running 20-24% DoT damage reduction. I was under the impression the latter number was being converted to all around damage reduction.

"Resilience: No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage over time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion."

Though math in this game is rarely ever that simple, thats where I'm coming from.

Hopefully the Wintergrasp player limit will mean no more Tenacity bullshit.

Good chance Tenacity will probably be gone, unless the battle is horribly unbalanced to start. They had designed that to compensate for uneven sides by giving it to the lower numbers and stack it in relation to how much lower (to a max. cap). But to be honest I have rarely seen Tenacity when I'm in WG. I will see it for maybe the first 2 - 3 minutes and then it disappears. If I remember correctly even now there have been issue/bugs/problems with Tenacity in general and it wasn't "working as intended".

I have rarely seen Tenacity when I'm in WG.
Alliance always have at least 4 stacks defending on Archimonde. It's gay when you're the only Horde player trying to defend or take back a workshop against an Alliance player that has 100k HP and gets two hit kills on plate. If anything it should diminish based on enemies in your proximity.

If you're in a guild worth anything and the switch to another class would benefit progression, they should easily be able to gear you out within the span of a week or two.

We're 13/14 right now, and we can't gear him out in a week or two. We don't raid 'enough' to raid more than Ulduar + Emalon + 3D Sarth or Malygos at the moment.

He'd have to gear out a lot through doing naxx 25 pugs. Most of us already find it hard to find the time to just do our 9 hours of raiding a week.

I didn't know you wanted to switch xpdnc. Even now, I think it's a good idea for you to switch if you want to. Let's talk about it tonight if you're on at all.

New resil change sucks dick for warriors

WTB increased rage :(

This is what concerns me about resil changes.

I'm kinda happy about it on my priest, not so happy on my warrior, which I feel like, against any team with resilience, that I'm hitting brick walls as it is.

65% ArP doing 800 SD execute hits on DKs with Unbreakable Armor rule.

Resilience has 2 stats, one that reduces your chance to be crit, and then one that reduces the effect of DoTs and mana burn. The second number is double the first. So if you're running 10-12% crit reduction, you would be running 20-24% DoT damage reduction. I was under the impression the latter number was being converted to all around damage reduction.

"Resilience: No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage over time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion."

Though math in this game is rarely ever that simple, thats where I'm coming from.

Aw, that's cute how you went and explained how resilience works to me. Crit chance reduct = dot dam reduct = future all dam reduct

I hate that pvp fucks up pve.

they should just have different rulesets.
It never goes the other way though right?

I mean it'd be pretty tragic if an entire arena season was ruined because of PvE...thank god Blizzard wouldn't allow it to ever happen; they love PvP too much!

I say fuck all the DKs, nerf them even more. Hopefully some of them will quit.

Hell take the fucking class out so the game can be good again

2s changes are also fucking ridiculous. What a lazy ass solution to the problem. The problem with 5s is that the game feels like a giant gaggle fuck ever since people started 2 shotting each other. So make people do less damage (like they are doing) and that will probably go a long way towards increasing participation in 5s.

But I suppose that wasn't enough so making one bracket completely fucking worthless was a better solution in their eyes. My shaman friend asked if I wanted to reactivate my warrior for 3.2 since Shaman is getting buffed...sure glad we could do 2s together and get nothing out of it. It's exactly what Ice said...they continue to expand the options of casual PvErs while they strangle casual PvPers.

Was really hoping they'd start heading the game in the right direction after they learned from S5 but this is just getting out of hand at this point.

Last edited:
What I want to know is why can't they just increase the rating reqs for 2s. Like, say the s7 weaps are going to require 2200 - then for 2s, they can make it 2400 or something. The 2s change doesn't really change much for my rogue as my 3s will always have the rating for the highest item reqs, but I'm fucked on my alt warr. Will now have xfer him to my rogue's server (where I ping about 50-70ms higher, which will make zerk stance > pummeling near impossible). Plus, it's nice to just have 2s to fall back on for a just in case type deal - usually, my 2s will always be a lot higher than my 3s at the start of the season as we do 3s very, very casually.

What I want to know is why can't they just increase the rating reqs for 2s. Like, say the s7 weaps are going to require 2200 - then for 2s, they can make it 2400 or something. The 2s change doesn't really change much for my rogue as my 3s will always have the rating for the highest item reqs, but I'm fucked on my alt warr. Will now have xfer him to my rogue's server (where I ping about 50-70ms higher, which will make zerk stance > pummeling near impossible). Plus, it's nice to just have 2s to fall back on for a just in case type deal - usually, my 2s will always be a lot higher than my 3s at the start of the season as we do 3s very, very casually.
Yeah that's another reason I don't play my warrior anymore...for some reason on our server I used to ping sub 100 and now i'm well over 300 which is fine for my druid but stance lag makes it pretty miserable on a warrior.

I also play on a shitty backwater server without much hope for good 3s / 5s comps because frankly there aren't 5 good pvpers on Horde side. So this pretty much fucks me over too.

i just hope they make a rated bg ladder

They whole issue is that damage is like 200% higher than BC and HP and damage mitigation is nowhere close to that, usually like a 60% gain in hp from what you had during BC in all arena gear. Any glass with high DPS and damage avoidance just rocks shit hard and everybody else is just food.

Last edited:
It's the same shit that blizzard does with every patch. They break both PVE and PVP in some way for the sake of always trying to straddle both sides and appease both sides of QQers on the forums instead of concentrating on one type of game and making that game flawless. They always give PVP the short end of the stick, so why not just scrap it anyways and not constantly break classes in PVE by trying to fix them in PVP.

I hope to god Blizzard has learned from this horrible design philosophy and changes it in their next-gen MMO they're working on. If you're going to include any PVP at all, the game needs to be built from the ground up with PVP in mind as the main combat.

Hopefully Aion's pvp turns out to be ok. It probably won't, and I'll most likely quit that when I cap out and go back to WoW like I always do. Sigh.

Alliance always have at least 4 stacks defending on Archimonde. It's gay when you're the only Horde player trying to defend or take back a workshop against an Alliance player that has 100k HP and gets two hit kills on plate. If anything it should diminish based on enemies in your proximity.

The idea is that if they have four stacks of tenacity you shouldn't be alone since you outnumber them so much.

Back