PTR Patch Notes 3.2.0

Not much changing for the holy priest. Looks like they are nerfing spirit based mana regen again, albeit in a more roundabout manner this time. It's OK though, I've been getting by with little to no mana problems thus far.

And buffing replenishment for those of us with giant mana pools, and making mp5 gear more worthwhile

You shouldn't be gemming spirit anymore anyway, get items with high spirit/intel, and gem intel

And buffing replenishment for those of us with giant mana pools, and making mp5 gear more worthwhile

You shouldn't be gemming spirit anymore anyway, get items with high spirit/intel, and gem intel

replenishment is getting a nerf

the way it is now, it's 1% every 4 seconds

it's being changed to 1% every 5 seconds instead

Terrible, Emblems of Conquest now available in heriocs. Plus doing the Herioc daily gets you the Emblems of Triumph. Fucking sad.

I never understood why people cried about things like this. Who cares if the shmoes who can only run Heroics get the same gear as you? Does it make it less fun for you?

I'm glad I'm a dps DK instead of a frost tank. They got gutted!

DW is going to be interesting. I'm glad they are making it an option.

With the way the changes are now I'm probably looking at a nice DPS increase as blood. The new unholy blight is going to give DRW a run for its money what with all the death coils blood dks pump out.

I'm glad I'm a dps DK instead of a frost tank. They got gutted!

DW is going to be interesting. I'm glad they are making it an option.

With the way the changes are now I'm probably looking at a nice DPS increase as blood. The new unholy blight is going to give DRW a run for its money what with all the death coils blood dks pump out.

Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard does things like this just to make people do something different. They nerf the shit out of UB and make DW viable. Once all the DPS DKs go DW, they'll bring UB back up and make it viable again.

They did the same thing with Hunters, I think. BM was King for the longest time, then they nerfed the shit out of it and made Survival, of all things, top dog. Then they nerfed Survival a bit and made MM more appealing, then they brought BM back up.

Madness!

Terrible, Emblems of Conquest now available in heriocs. Plus doing the Herioc daily gets you the Emblems of Triumph. Fucking sad.

I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. Although I am raiding I've wanted to see other methods for acquiring gear other than committing to 3 - 4 hour raids. What's wrong with people getting rewarded for their time invested regardless of whether that time is in 1 hour chunks vs 3 - 4?

As I get older and more and more people I know get married, have kids, have jobs that require them to be on-call, move, have pets, RL obligations, etc. it can be challenging to commit to large blocks of time.

I think it's clear that Blizzard is making a real effort to cater to the casual (larger) audience. I use the term casual loosely as it applies as much to mentality as it does playing time.

I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. Although I am raiding I've wanted to see other methods for acquiring gear other than committing to 3 - 4 hour raids. What's wrong with people getting rewarded for their time invested regardless of whether that time is in 1 hour chunks vs 3 - 4?

As I get older and more and more people I know get married, have kids, have jobs that require them to be on-call, move, have pets, RL obligations, etc. it can be challenging to commit to large blocks of time.

I think it's clear that Blizzard is making a real effort to cater to the casual (larger) audience. I use the term casual loosely as it applies as much to mentality as it does playing time.

I would argue that WoW is not a game for people with those responsibilities.

You need a time investment to be successful. That's the nature of MMORPGs. If you want to jump in for an hour twice a week, find another genre.

You need a time investment to be successful. That's the nature of MMORPGs. If you want to jump in for an hour twice a week, find another genre.

Well, Blizzard isn't going to say "no, don't play our game because you have responsibilites. we don't want your money." They're going to change it to make you feel successful at every level of commitment. The gap between "casual" and "hardcore" continues to shrink. Which side of the coin you are on colors your perception of the changes.

It could be argued that as far as a time investment goes, this kind of change doesn't remove that requirement. You still need to invest a good amount of time to collect 58 emblems for a single piece of T8. It's not like they'll be stumbling into Heroics and coming out with Tier pieces. It just makes things obtainable in smaller, bite-sized chunks.

So what you're saying is that if you have a life you really shouldn't be playing WoW.

The biggest thing i like about this is that you can choose to be casual knowing that you'll get easy access to the current tier gear AFTER it it has been replaced by a new set of Tiered gear. this allows the casual gamer to play his few nights a week, and not get completely left behind when it comes to trying to run newer content and not being stuck doing H VH or Nexus, etc etc over and over. So it allows for progression without the huge time sink.

And yes, I would consider myself a little above causal. I have 2 80's and only 1 has been in anything other then a 5 man Heroic instance and that was a 1 run 25 man VoA.

I never understood why people cried about things like this. Who cares if the shmoes who can only run Heroics get the same gear as you? Does it make it less fun for you?
That doesn't make the game any less fun, but it takes away some of the feeling of accomplishment you get from being in a successful raiding guild and having access to things long before casuals. I'll like it because I have alts, but do I dislike the fact that some of the horrible players I've seen in pugs will have access to it? You're damn right I do =D

Back in vanilla WoW you didn't see many people with an Atiesh, Dark Edge of Insanity, or KT weapons so those people stuck out in a crowd. I never had one of those rare weapons and a couple weeks ago was the first time I've ever looted one (hardmode vezax mace, though not rare for long), but still even if the player wielding the item was terrible it still gave you something to shoot for in the game.

If not for completing hardmodes (25man, in my experiences 10man ulduar is a joke), there's little reason to play this game for PvE anymore. Even getting a new protodrake is pretty pointless when you already have a 310% mount unless you're one to sit afk in town jerking off to your own toon.

Back