Faction Change

Actually, as I understand it, this is a main motivation behind that small sect of people that insist upon the creation of a vanilla WoW server. The fact is that even with blizzard's failed attempts to induce "world pvp" scenarios into the game ever since the release of TBC, none of them have come even close to the player created world pvp scenarios of vanilla WoW (ie. BRM fights, taking over the boats/zepplins, raiding darkshire/crossroads, hillsbrad back and forth fights, holding the searing gorge gate before the thorium point flight path was introduced, fights over farming spots in tyr's hand, or even just raiding the other factions main cities just to start shit and take over their bank). I'm one to admit alot of that might be glamorized a bit in my mind because the game was fresh and new then. But, with that stated...all of those things were so fun simply because factions actually meant something then. You're right...all they are good for now are looks and min/max pvp racials. It's a shame.

it really hit home when they buddyed everyone up in bc/shattrah in some quasi neutral state until you leave the city.

even from the start there have barely been any quests that were faction v faction

wouldnt be surprised if in the future they make the legion a 3rd playable race and promptly make them join the circlejerk.

Faction-Change Paid Service Q/A - Wowraid

Q. Will we be able to switch between the races on our own faction?
A.. No. Players will only be able to switch to a race of the opposite faction.

Q. Will I be able to choose the race on the opposite faction that I want to change to?
A.. Yes, but you will only be able to switch to a race that has your class type available to it. So if you play a human paladin, you’d only be able to change to a blood elf paladin.

Q.How much will it cost?
A.. We do not have further information on this at this point in time.

Q.Will I be able to switch back to my original faction but a different race?
A.. No. You will only be able to switch back to your originally chosen race.

Q.. How will the switch between reputation, gear, mounts, etc be handled?
A.. We’ll have more details for you at a later point in time, though we plan to keep these as close to a reflection of the other faction as much as possible.

Q.How often can you change your faction?
A..We do not have any information to share on this at this point in time, however we will have restrictions on the frequency by which players can change their faction.

Q. How will this affect the balance of Horde and Alliance on the realms?
A.. We are taking great care in how we implement this new service in order to maintain balance between the factions on the realms but do not have any further details to share.
Then I retract my previous statements. They're doing it the right way.

You think they'd want Perception instead of WotF?
Heh, some people would I suppose. The extra trinket slot is pretty awesome as well, though the 3.1 WG trinkets have certainly helped non humans in this regard.

Iczer said it best...you see more horde pvpers wanting to be human and more alliance wanting to be undead.

Basically everyone who pvps seriously is going to want to be undead or human, that's a bit more accurate of a statement.

Last edited:
warriors don't want orc for stun resist anymore?
Meh, I suppose warrior is kind of an exception because of zerker rage, speaking in terms of horde. Stun duration reduction is good. I personally love having warstomp, and before they nerfed the cow HP I felt tauren was the best for horde warriors, but now orc is probably best horde race for warrior, alliance you can make a case for both human and gnome.

Cow warriors for life though :D

It's pretty dumb that they're going to allow you to change to whatever race you want on the other side, but you can't just change your race on your current faction? Makes no sense no matter how you think about it.

And about warrs, orc is the overall best for horde, but undead and tauren are also good - just depends on what you're fighting. Human > gnome if you have armor pen trinkets or access to other awesome proc trinkets - other way around if not. NE's are really underrated as warrs as well with being able to vanish casts.

I miss Vanilla WoW sometimes; it was fun. If they made a Vanilla WoW-HD version, with all upgraded WOTLK graphics/textures etc, and tooled everything back up to make it actually difficult again, it would be a blast (for at least a few months).

warriors don't want orc for stun resist anymore?
I'm pretty sure the resist was changed to reduced stun duration because it was too OP in arena. Orcs still have a racial +ap trinket, free expertise for using axes (and axes are fucking amazing anyways) and +pet dmg if you're a hunter/enhance shaman/warlock.

Shadowmeld drops you from combat, ala vanish.

That's one of the most faggot changes ever. It's pretty infuriating to get jumped by a NE druid, you manage to turn the tables and they hit their Shadowmeld/flight form macro at the last 2% to save their sorry asses.

Back