[NHL] Official Playoffs 2011 Thread

Actually the TV contract is expiring and it is strongly rumored that ESPN, VS/NBC and someone else not named are bidding. It isn't crazy to think that ESPN wants hockey back.

Fox and Turner are the ones that isn't officially named to be looking to land the NHL contract. It makes sense for Fox since they already have a lot of the regional coverage. Although with the way it's been reported, Fox would put the NHL on FX and Turner would put it on TruTV.

Last edited:
sports on cable is the only reason I haven't cancelled my cable....and they know it too. A lot of the chicago games are on comcast sportsnet....go figure.

I was unable to see any of the games except for most of the Vancouver-Chicago game. Complete role reversal from the past 2 meetings in the playoffs.

Fox and Turner are the ones that isn't officially named to be looking to land the NHL contract. It makes sense for Fox since they already have a lot of the regional coverage. Although with the way it's been reported, Fox would put the NHL on FX and Turner would put it on TruTV.

Maybe they'll bring back Fox Trax? That made it so much easier to see the puck! :heart:

the caps dominated the rangers through the entire game.

they just couldn't get the puck in the net until the 3rd period.

you mean the other two times vancouver won game 1? :p

No, I mean how they were in control of the momentum and played a shutdown game. Vancouver got a lot better defensively during the off-season and finally have all of their defensemen healthy. Chicago lost a chunk of players that helped them win last year.

No, I mean how they were in control of the momentum and played a shutdown game. Vancouver got a lot better defensively during the off-season and finally have all of their defensemen healthy. Chicago lost a chunk of players that helped them win last year.

VAN got a little lucky... CHI was getting a ton of chances and hit the posts a couple of times. I guarantee you that it won't be an easy series for either team.

well i guess i didn't see it that way. They won game 1 5-1 last year in a much more convincing fashion than last night.

chicago hit a few posts and came very close last night... the 2nd nucks goal was a bad play by chicago's best defenseman... it was a lot closer than you're giving credit for.

well i guess i didn't see it that way. They won game 1 5-1 last year in a much more convincing fashion than last night.

chicago hit a few posts and came very close last night... the 2nd nucks goal was a bad play by chicago's best defenseman... it was a lot closer than you're giving credit for.

I didn't seethe start of the game so I actually missed the goals. But from what I did see, Vancouver was keeping control of the game and playing to protect their lead and not build on it. I saw a Chicago team that barely squeaked into the playoffs playing like the team that barely got in. Not like the defending Stanley Cup champions. I saw Vancouver playing as a fairly strong team that is better than their regular season form since all of their main defensemen were there. They certainly can be exposed, as evident by their 2 loses to Edmonton at the end of the season. I don't think Chicago will win more than 2 games in this series.

chicago looks they have the finals hangover... it's hard to play 82 games that matter, win the cup, have a limited summer and back at it this year...

their player losses impacted it a bit but i don't think as much as people claim... i think the loss of players will impact them now more than the reg season

That's 1 for Nashville. Be nice to take game 2 Friday and set me up to see a potential sweep at home. *fingers crossed*

hopefully fish can get the sens another draft pick by winning a round haha
lol

it's a weird feeling just before game 1, because it's really hard to tell if the sharks are about to start a fun/entertaining/deep playoff run & hopefully win the west at least, or they're about to begin being swept out of the first round lol

Back