UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

You probably know, but Boetsch fought Hamill after that fight, and it was kind of unimpressive.

I think he gassed, but they were fighting at elevation in CO, and a lot of guys looked lethargic.

:rolleyes: @ scar tissue, as if forrest has spent the last 10 years boxing professionally or something

I think it's pretty well known that you get cut more in UFC than boxing. Smaller gloves = more cuts = more scare tissue. And Forest does a good job at taking a beating.

i don't think anyone will deny that rampage is probably the better fighter. i said this as soon as griffon won: ufc is going to start rotating champs for a while.

their hw and LHW divisions are looking silly, now. sylvia, couture, fedor being out, and the LHW belt about to play musical chairs.

HW division is great, its only missing fedor and couture, sylvia isn't worth of being a champ of anything. except a hot dog eating contest. Big Nog is fine, he didn't beat fedor in japan, but I'm sure he's always for a rematch.

The LHW division is so god damn stacked every month is bound to have an incredible LHW matchup I would assume, if everyone stays healthy. You can't ask for a better LHW division, he truly brought together the best talent in the world for that division.

I think it's pretty well known that you get cut more in UFC than boxing. Smaller gloves = more cuts = more scare tissue. And Forest does a good job at taking a beating.

probably the opposite actually, the much larger gloves in boxing encourages fighters to punch each other in the face more. Fighters are much more likely to hurt their hands with the MMA gloves.

HW division is great, its only missing fedor and couture, sylvia isn't worth of being a champ of anything. except a hot dog eating contest. Big Nog is fine, he didn't beat fedor in japan, but I'm sure he's always for a rematch.

The LHW division is so god damn stacked every month is bound to have an incredible LHW matchup I would assume, if everyone stays healthy. You can't ask for a better LHW division, he truly brought together the best talent in the world for that division.

He's got the fighters, but none of the actual fights. Saving one good fight every other UFC is pretty fucked up.

And I think you have to be joking yourself if you think Tim doesn't belong on the top of the heavyweight lists.

probably the opposite actually, the much larger gloves in boxing encourages fighters to punch each other in the face more. Fighters are much more likely to hurt their hands with the MMA gloves.

I'll give you that, but add in elbows and knees. I think Forest has taken his fair share.

edit - ^

You probably know, but Boetsch fought Hamill after that fight, and it was kind of unimpressive.

I think he gassed, but they were fighting at elevation in CO, and a lot of guys looked lethargic.

Boetsch took that Hamill fight off short rest on top of the elevation.

He's got the fighters, but none of the actual fights. Saving one good fight every other UFC is pretty fucked up.

And I think you have to be joking yourself if you think Tim doesn't belong on the top of the heavyweight lists.

How many people are worth mentioning in the heavyweight list, that could make a "pound for pound fucking awesome" list?

Back