New Exciting Star Citizen Thread

JackBootedThug

Veteran XV
To celebrate the exciting new Concept Sale offered by Chris Roberts and friends...

Concept.jpg

Extras - Drake Buccaneer - LTI - Roberts Space Industries

As well as the renewed interest in this exciting project...

demand.jpg

I bring you a special insider look at the secret Concierge Forums that big spenders like myself (Grand Admiral Pledge Level) have access to. We are the patient premium backers of this wonderful space dream project. So have no fear, we are still fully committed to this project and we have the up most confidence in Chris Roberts.

We Want To Spend More Money Poll
sucker.jpg

Investment Protection
investment.jpg

Patiently Waiting
waiting.jpg

Logic
Logic.jpg

Plz keep this up. I don't care about specific backer drama stuff but I love when the peeps get riled up defending their crowdfunding investments.

have you guys seen people donating >$100 at a time to Twitch streamers? next to that Star Citizen looks like a sound investment

newsflash - people have more money than sense :jawdrop:

have you guys seen people donating >$100 at a time to Twitch streamers? next to that Star Citizen looks like a sound investment

I also have never understood this. Why would you pay a guy to play video games?

I have seen people donate money to Twitch streamers who play Star Citizen.

Beat that. 😀

yep there is no point trying to understand people like in those posts you linked in the OP

some ppl are just fuckin weird and crazy

I have a feeling I somehow triggered you and this is the outcome.

I'm sorry everyone - sleeping dogs and all that.

BTW - have you all checked out Elite Dangerous lately? It's getting pretty friggin good what with the planetary landings, buggies, planetary bases to attack and soon there will be extended weapon/item crafting/loot with the introduction of NPC engineers.

ya

i uh

i dont care about star citizen anymore

i mean when it finally is playable...neat
i'll play it too

but fucking hell its 2016 and it seems like it takes them 4 months to build a single ship

Thanks Goshin - You just reminded me I need to have another go at Kerbal Space Program.

I've been reading Neal Stephesons Seveneves which has a lot of orbital hi jinks and manoeuvring and I want to go and have another play to do some of that good stuff.

I'm pretty sure a year or two ago I left my favourite brave astronaut adrift in orbit with no fuel or hope of escape. I need to mount a rescue mission. I'm sure the game has improved to the point where that should be fairly do-able

Last edited:
I have a feeling I somehow triggered you and this is the outcome.

I'm sorry everyone - sleeping dogs and all that.

BTW - have you all checked out Elite Dangerous lately? It's getting pretty friggin good what with the planetary landings, buggies, planetary bases to attack and soon there will be extended weapon/item crafting/loot with the introduction of NPC engineers.

You? No, no. 'Twas Happy Mod. 😀

Elite does look better. Apparently the combat is much better due to better AI. I haven't played it in a long time.

This game still baffles me. Poking around google says that it has hit about $115 million in funds making it the 6th most expensive game and they're still making new ships to sell and offering ship packs topping off at 15 grand.

So whats the end game here?

Take the money at some point and run? Just piling it up in a big vault for shits and giggles? Have they gotten so bloated with feature creep that they actually need the constant influx of cash to stay afloat?

Their claims that they'll stop selling ships when the game releases and turn away from the freemium cash cow after all they've milked it for is especially laughable.

isn't getting ships like the objective of the game? i feel like people are going to have nothing to do because they already basically beat the game before they even start playing it.

The star citizen/elite: dangerous battle seems even sillier in retrospect.

It's 2016. At least elite dangerous is a game.

I think the game at this point is seeing who can spend the most on things that don't exist.

They announced the initial development of this in 2011. So far they've put out a shitty arena with 2 maps and a badly done multiplayer area that only supports 16 people at a time (but you get to pick if you want to walk around on a planet or in a space ship!!!). That's something I'd expect from a mod team that dicks around part time on weekends as a for fun project, not a full team of hundreds of industry veterans with literal millions at their disposal.
I mean they're past what now? $100 million? $110 million? Just by selling shitty concept art and pushing out the occasional model. This isn't even counting what is earned from the monstrous cash shop that is already selling a huge assortment of weapons, mounts, shields and engines for real money because default loadouts aren't going to cut it in the lopsided pvp arena commander has to offer.

This isn't even counting the mountain of bugs, feature bloat, horrendous design, lack of internal logical consistency of the universe or seeming lack of drive and direction the entire project is riddled with currently.

5 years for a pile of fucking garbage, and people keep eating it up with big smiles on their faces never realizing they've had their nostalgia used against them.

Last I remember I was in the initial kickstarter and paid the lowest tier to get the game, $30 or something like that. I knew what I was getting into, and $30 was something I could afford to potentially lose. Never bothered to get roped into any of that other "buy ships for a game that isn't out yet" nonsense. Worst case, I'm out $30. Best case, I get an decent or better game for $30.

I mean hell waiting is NEVER an issue if you have steam. And isn't their "summer sale" going to kick in next month or July...?

Back