Let's compose something together

you can't hear Astrals solo at all, I don't like my solo cutting out.. and I don't mean that because its mine... it just sounds un-natural especially the way it just kinda moseys back in before the heavy part.

I really like the way the song starts and it sounds real tight when it kicks in I love the feedback at the beginning.

you can't hear Astrals solo at all, I don't like my solo cutting out.. and I don't mean that because its mine... it just sounds un-natural especially the way it just kinda moseys back in before the heavy part.

I really like the way the song starts and it sounds real tight when it kicks in I love the feedback at the beginning.
Cool dude, I was just tryin' shit out, so it's good to hear back on ideas. I wasn't aware Astral had a solo? :( If it was the part I cut I'll put it back. As for cutting out your solo, I recorded my part before you did it and was trying to fit it in. Bummer. I like the chill feel of the breakdown, but it's hard to have it flow back into your outro part.

You are the silent horse so far in this as in you have shown you have guitar talent and mixing talent but you haven't really shown any flash per se yet. I would like to hear you do something over the 1st part... for at least part of it... I really like the charm of nothing there and it establishing itself but that whole section doesn't have to be open to have that same charm and establishment.

I am prolly gonna upload my session to the ftp in a bit so you can see exactly the changes I made and where I have things lined up exactly.

here is the bass part the way I had it lined up http://www.ramzmusic.com/coop/bass.mp3

As for cutting out your solo, I recorded my part before you did it and was trying to fit it in. Bummer. I like the chill feel of the breakdown, but it's hard to have it flow back into your outro part.

I am regrettin taking forever to upload my solo wav :( I had the sample posted and a full mix but there was one part I wanted to change so I waited to upload the individual wav.

Last edited:
I believe that's the second section of the first part where he plays a lower note instead of the higher one? It's not as noticeable when mixed lower, but man, it ain't foolin' me haha. Can't you tell it's off? I'll put it in if you guys disagree with me, I'm just surprised the wavering notes don't bother anyone else.
I'll see what I can come up with for the first part, I agree it's a bit boring. The last thing this song needs is another goddamn solo though haha.

That is right at the beginning right after you do the pick scrape.

Its the slide he does it sounds a bit odd at times I think thats whats coming acrossed... bomberman you need to try to lay a tighter bass line to the song I like the bass runs you do thru the breakdown later in the song but the main part could be tighter...

Thanks for cutting my keyboard solo.
Relax, nothing is set in stone, I was trying out some ideas. That's why it's called a rough mix. I didn't know it was a solo, to me it just sounded like another part that didn't match my guitars. I'll remix tonight without my guitars in there.

I'll do another take of the bass part sometime tomorrow. I recently re-arranged my recording setup as well, so I should have a slightly better tone as a bonus.

Thanks for cutting my keyboard solo.

Heh, how do you think i feel? :domotwak:

We're gonna have to set some rules on this if we want everyone to be happy.
Stuff like even if someone's part sucks, you keep it how they wanted.
This is for fun, we arent trying to make money. Cutting someone out "cause they suck" or "its off key" isnt a good idea.
Does anyone agree with me on this or not?:domotwak:

I disagree totally. I want to do some thing I can be proud of. If we are going to just turn out shit, I don't want to be involved. I am somewhat of a perfectionist. When I am in the studio with my band, I will work on 1 guitar part all day if that is what it takes to get it perfect. The band hates it until they hear the finished product.

:rolleyes: Can I get some actual feedback on the mix please?
As far as the parts go, I'll be putting back Astral and Alv's solos the way they were, and taking out my parts. I'll also put in bd's stuff, bomberman's bass, and ReaverXR's drums to show you guys that sometimes cutting a part is a good thing.

This is all becoming very bitchy but I agree that you want the turn out to be god so maybe some people should "take one for the time" and there's always a next time.

if a part isn't 'technically' awesome that ought to be okay. it being off-key or off-tempo is distracting and detrimental to the rest of the piece though

that being said: it's very saturated now, i say start a new riff

Ani and I were talkin last night and the likelihood of something else like this materializing is very low. He may not do anything more and I may not as well... I don't think anyone wanted to hurt feelings and I think anything said should be used as fuel to improve on your parts or improve as a player. This whole thing has sucked up a lot of time just to be repayed with guilt and complaints... hence my doubt something else will form :shrug: we shall see.

I have never said dave cant contribute and have kept all the parts that I felt added to the mix. He HAS contributed and if he wants to contribute more then find the damn pod xt and get to work. I am sorry your part didn't work but its not like 1 person was saying something about it... I would say it was unanimous. Its not meant to be taken as hard feelings at all and if you give up then I am sorry but I can guarantee if my part fell under scrutiny my ass would be in there recording till something stuck....

I don't like the idea of anything goes... why would people want to contribute if they thought someone might come in and destroy everything they worked on... jmho i guess.

Ani and I were talkin last night and the likelihood of something else like this materializing is very low. He may not do anything more and I may not as well... I don't think anyone wanted to hurt feelings and I think anything said should be used as fuel to improve on your parts or improve as a player. This whole thing has sucked up a lot of time just to be repayed with guilt and complaints... hence my doubt something else will form :shrug: we shall see.

I have never said dave cant contribute and have kept all the parts that I felt added to the mix. He HAS contributed and if he wants to contribute more then find the damn pod xt and get to work. I am sorry your part didn't work but its not like 1 person was saying something about it... I would say it was unanimous. Its not meant to be taken as hard feelings at all and if you give up then I am sorry but I can guarantee if my part fell under scrutiny my ass would be in there recording till something stuck....

I don't like the idea of anything goes... why would people want to contribute if they thought someone might come in and destroy everything they worked on... jmho i guess.

mmm true. I dunno, still at the back of my head it sounds fine, but thats just me being hard headed. I'm off now, so i could probably go scouting for it..finally.

Back