Leaving an inside cat with someone who would let it outside?

Reggs

Veteran XX
My cat is an inside cat. Can't let the apartment know I have a cat so they can tac on a cat subscription service, plus even if I let the cat out, I'm in SoCal where theres tons of asians around.

I'm going to travel for Xmas and know someone willing to keep the cat, but they leave a door open to the enclosed back yard all the time.

Is it safe to leave my cat at a place with a yard? Would a cat do anything like wonder and get lost?

5_cheetoh_cat.jpg

did you seriously get professional shots of your cat :lol:

inside cats are usually too scared to go far, but if they're at a new location they might wander off and get lost

Please post the one of you nuzzling the cat while holding it up against your bare chest.

I know u would have got them to shoot some.

50/50
some cats will explore all the new area. some cats will stay as close as possible to their food source. I don't let my cats out because people are dicks and would probably run them over. Seen too much roadkill to think otherwise.

That's a fucking expensive looking cat. They will sell it and claim it disappeared.

Also "enclosed back yard". Unless it's enclosed by at least 8 feet of fence, if cat wants to fuck off it will fuck off.

And finally, there's no such thing as an "inside cat". There is however such a thing is people who don't know this and are so selfish they buy a cat and keep it inside. Cats like to hunt and stalk and just generally chase shit. Your fluffy ball on a string doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
A indoor cat getting outside for the first time doesn't sound like a problem.

I wouldn't worry, cats aren't know to be curious.

Back