VUG's answer on the patch cancelation

I still like T:V. And now I play again daily because it is still alot of fun to go on and play with a few friends. Now everyone who even plays T:V is so defeatist, they just don't really want to try and do anything with it.

I've been messing around with T:V in an attempt to make it more in line with Tribes/T2 with respect to movement. In T:V there is alot of upward thrust, so when you jet even straight forward you go mostly up and then forward. In T2 you can lift like...half a foot off the ground and go straight forward if you want to. So far i've found a pretty good combination of weight vs thrust to create such an effect, but now I feel noone cares, which sucks. I'll put it into mutator form sometime.

Scud411 said:
So far i've found a pretty good combination of weight vs thrust to create such an effect, but now I feel noone cares, which sucks. I'll put it into mutator form sometime.

cool. You should. Every now and then I feel like chucking this mutator code I have been working on but i can't seem to stop playing....denial maybe..who knows.

Amadeus said:
Wait, wasn't T2 way behind schedule?
Yah, I think your're right, but still the state of the game was not acceptable for release. I remember after the breakup of Dynamix that there were rumors about Sierra rushing the release for better looking quarter sales figures. In any case, what's done is done and Tribes is not likely to continue on.

WoW i don't know how they did manage to scrap a name like tribes!! of course they did work on it for a couple of months......that's simply what happens when the quantitative factor takes over!to busy working on some crap like swat and such. I still play TV often because the speed is awsome and it requires a lot of skills(which is rare)it's the fastest game on the market; but i do think that theres nothing to to in the damn game except building up ur skills. I think that the worst mistake that Vugames made was to waste time and money on a single player that in fact nobody cares...

Also the learning curve(online) is too sick for newcomers(when u play like a renegade that is) which is great but...scares the hell out of the poor newblood!!online i'm a teacher and a mentor for many; not shy on telling tips about aiming and grapple tricks(i don't wait for them to get discouraged) but we must accept that will never be more than 200 peeps online.....instead of spiting at the face of the conceptors we must try to understand why some fuckards are still playing starsiege and T2!?!?!?!?!?just fucking why... what is going on in their puny brains????????they think no sachel charge, not enouph vehicles, not enouph weapons, small crappy bases....yes yes but SOOOO FUCKING WHAT!!!

shuruby said:
WoW i don't know how they did manage to scrap a name like tribes!! of course they did work on it for a couple of months......that's simply what happens when the quantitative factor takes over!to busy working on some crap like swat and such. I still play TV often because the speed is awsome and it requires a lot of skills(which is rare)it's the fastest game on the market; but i do think that theres nothing to to in the damn game except building up ur skills. I think that the worst mistake that Vugames made was to waste time and money on a single player that in fact nobody cares...

Also the learning curve(online) is too sick for newcomers(when u play like a renegade that is) which is great but...scares the hell out of the poor newblood!!online i'm a teacher and a mentor for many; not shy on telling tips about aiming and grapple tricks(i don't wait for them to get discouraged) but we must accept that will never be more than 200 peeps online.....instead of spiting at the face of the conceptors we must try to understand why some fuckards are still playing starsiege and T2!?!?!?!?!?just fucking why... what is going on in their puny brains????????they think no sachel charge, not enouph vehicles, not enouph weapons, small crappy bases....yes yes but SOOOO FUCKING WHAT!!!

I thank god that you don't post in GD.

T:V is dead, have a good day. Ren faggot.

i try to provoke people so they come in TV to whip my ass!! that's all; if TV is dead then why the fuck are you still posting and coming to TW??? nothing new is happening 4 a while. looking 4 some starsiege 2845 news?!? i don't think so man! or maybe to spit on poor newbies like me who only wish there was more people online instead of dwelling in the fucking past....

shuruby said:
i try to provoke people so they come in TV to whip my ass!! that's all; if TV is dead then why the fuck are you still posting and coming to TW??? nothing new is happening 4 a while. looking 4 some starsiege 2845 news?!? i don't think so man! or maybe to spit on poor newbies like me who only wish there was more people online instead of dwelling in the fucking past....

TW has evolved beyond just a tribes gaming forum.

Member.

shuruby said:
May I point you towards the General Discussion forum? See it? Great. Can you figure out the rest on your own, or do I need to explain in detail?

NextGen said:
TW has evolved beyond just a tribes gaming forum.

Member.

Yes, now it's a place where bitter losers congregate, united by nothing more than their inchoate bile.
Hopefully, if anyone ever thinks of making another tribes game, they stay far away from this cesspit.

Activity by Game

Rank Name Online Now Names in 31 Days
1 Counter-Strike [1.6] 59,664 8,653,061
2 Counter-Strike Source 21,435 2,496,811
3 Battlefield 2 13,846 1,059,055
4 Call of Duty 6,409 2,418,499
5 Day of Defeat 5,582 521,454
6 Half Life 4,125 462,867
7 Wolfenstein Enemy Territory 3,625 1,149,648
8 America's Army 2,874 242,817
9 Medal Of Honor 2,052 893,417
10 Quake III Arena 1,995 675,558
11 Battlefield 1942 1,867 363,796
12 Soldier Of Fortune II 1,666 662,657
13 Unreal Tournament 2004 996 271,548
14 Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy 927 543,981
15 Half-Life 2 814 189,119
16 Halo : Combat Evolved 609 173,620
17 Unreal Tournament 564 305,421
18 Battlefield: Vietnam 506 113,201
19 Jedi Knight II 428 201,791
20 Return to Castle Wolfenstein 401 117,999
21 Quake II 395 171,712
22 Raven Shield 309 66,165
23 Tactical Ops 291 152,474
24 Tribes 245 52,298
25 Savage 202 34,795
26 Soldat 174 81,044
27 Tribes 2 173 21,623
28 Star Trek Elite Force 106 13,382
29 FarCry 86 46,533
30 Quake World 79 18,658
31 Grand Theft Auto 76 24,799
32 Il2 Sturmovik 71 15,626
33 Unreal Tournament 2003 59 36,174
34 Doom III 59 27,559
35 Vietcong 57 69,056
36 Soldier Of Fortune 49 32,148
37 Gore 31 4,286
38 StarWars Battlefront 25 23,868
39 Painkiller 23 8,806
40 Tribes Vengeance 22 6,932

all of those 22 players playing online right now must sure be having fun
(bots?)

shuruby said:
at least TV isn't about fucking stupid army stuff like most of tha games that you mentioned;FUCKING WARGAMES ARE SO UNORIGINAL

Nobody is arguing with you about that. The fact is that most people do not like T:V. That's why there is such a small playerbase. And since VUG canceled all support for the game, nothing is going to get better.

Hell, I don't even see local retailers selling T:V anymore.

Devo_N said:
Yes, now it's a place where bitter losers congregate, united by nothing more than their inchoate bile.
Hopefully, if anyone ever thinks of making another tribes game, they stay far away from this cesspit.

That was caused by VUG's backstabbing of the tribes community. The assholishness here is a reaction to that. :)

Last edited:
Back