Renegades switching to Torque and Legends!

?B-MAN said:
..VU has simply given up. They most likely have realized their attempts to produce and direct the making of a Tribes or Starsiege game have turned up failures.

Through no fault of their own, naturally. ;)

wtf just happened? did people on TW actually refrain from flaming and pointless arguing and agree to disagree?

This is epic people, unbelievably epic!

Hopefully this can be the start of a new trend in Tribes Discussion on TW - agree to disagree, commend each other on awesomeness (Zio - sweet maps, loop - Legends rox, Renwerx Team - I have complete faith Ren on Leg will be kickass), and STOP the HATE! We have in our hands the sweetest gaming series for the PC (something we can all agree on). Let's try and show some love around here and make this community grow and flourish into what it has the potential to be! We have the people, we just need to stop the adolescent bitching.

Yeah for this thread.

By the way Loop you guys need to update the legends site so the info is current in regards to the new development and Renwerx announcement. Im pointing new folks there to check it out but all the info is old or I can direct them to renwerx.

Kitrik said:
wtf just happened? did people on TW actually refrain from flaming and pointless arguing and agree to disagree?

This is epic people, unbelievably epic!

Hopefully this can be the start of a new trend in Tribes Discussion on TW - agree to disagree, commend each other on awesomeness (Zio - sweet maps, loop - Legends rox, Renwerx Team - I have complete faith Ren on Leg will be kickass), and STOP the HATE! We have in our hands the sweetest gaming series for the PC (something we can all agree on). Let's try and show some love around here and make this community grow and flourish into what it has the potential to be! We have the people, we just need to stop the adolescent bitching.

Yeah for this thread.

Via miracle, it happens time to time. I agree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. "To Each His Own". No on understands that though. People always seem to claim thier beliefs are always right, and will fight against opposing ideas. I know its not exactly old news but it has to be recalled; people need to respect others and their opinions, beliefs, sexual orientation, etc.

more people will play ren than the current playerbase for T:V holds. Before Ren died on TWL competition due to some awesome spam we had a pretty nice player base still I think. Not bad for an old mod atleast

:(

The only tribes game I'd like to see brought back to life personally is t1 base... I hope legends has something along those lines... :(

kfc said:
If the renegades team thinks they will get more ppl by joining legends they are fuckin nuts.

worst idea ever!

Actually legends has done some amazing stuff to the torque engine to get it to the place it is at. Anyway as we are basically involved in making a game now it might be best to wait until you see some demos before saying its a bad idea;)

No one's saying it's a bad idea, I don't think. I think it's more the logical aspect.

If you look at history, and Legends, you'll see the same no support / no player-base as you do with T:V. Except, T:V actually has a player crowd, where-as Legends has the cynical crowd of TW.

Logically speaking, it doesn't make much sense.

kfc said:
If the renegades team thinks they will get more ppl by joining legends they are fuckin nuts.

worst idea ever!

Bad idea because of the engine switch, or because you dont like Legends?

Personally I think this strengthens both projects. There was a huge player base for Renegades and that alone will bring more attention and contributers to the Legends base.

Secondly, There will be a larger base of programmers, scripters, mappers, modelers etc that can contribute to both projects. All of these assets can be "shared" and thus killing two birds with one stone.

Thirdly, By having the Renwerx folks working with the Legends team we can be assured that the legends team can focus on fine tuning classic Legends gameplay, while benefiting from the shared development resources (scripting, models, maps) from the renwerx team.

And Last, Renwerx brings to the table some proven map makers and graphics folks like Cinderkast etc. I think its a great idea.

NoFiX said:
No one's saying it's a bad idea, I don't think. I think it's more the logical aspect.

If you look at history, and Legends, you'll see the same no support / no player-base as you do with T:V. Except, T:V actually has a player crowd, where-as Legends has the cynical crowd of TW.

Logically speaking, it doesn't make much sense.

I love these generalizations. They're all so 'logical'. ;) **cough cough**

The LOGICAL thing to say is: "We are not 100% of what will happen at all with this project so we will have to wait and see". Of course, from an unbiased perspective. Cause ultimately speaking, we don't know.

BTW. Here's our new logo: http://www.sford.org/priml1/renwerxlogo.jpg

;) jk. Alright Nova I'll keep my keep my mouth shut.

Legends might not have a huge player base in the past, but again we arn't just writing a legends mod. Legends is not a completed game they simply have let people in on it while they are developing it. We are working to finish the game with them and write renegades and then attract not only the previous Tribes audience but also many new people who have stopped playing tribes or who have never played tribes.

The end product is what people should really look at. At this point I don't see how anyone can be putting the idea down, as we haven't released any examples of what we have done:)

So just wait and see, who knows maybe even the worst of the Tribal War people can be surprised;)

Rooster128 said:

The LOGICAL thing to say is: "We are not 100% of what will happen at all with this project so we will have to wait and see". Of course, from an unbiased perspective. Cause ultimately speaking, we don't know.

BTW. Here's our new logo: http://www.sford.org/priml1/renwerxlogo.jpg

;) jk. Alright Nova I'll keep my keep my mouth shut.
Ouch, MS Paint Jpeg compression.

ur still not over the fact that noone is going to mod t:v?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahaa!

and t:v should offer a huge playerbase to renegades?

well, lets take a look at the patch petition....406 Total Signatures.

oh yea
the 406 people all over the world will for sure backup renegades on t:v.

hehe
so funny :)

Last edited:
Rooster128 said:

Only speaking from experience, and how could you possibly consider that a generalization? They were unsupportive a year ago and the player-base, is...well, lacking to say the least.

NoFiX said:
Only speaking from experience, and how could you possibly consider that a generalization? They were unsupportive a year ago and the player-base, is...well, lacking to say the least.

Well there are several reasons for that. I would say graphics might have something to do with it.

Once the Legends team tweaks it's gameplay a bit more, and Renwerx starts producing new maps and visuals... it would seem a bit more complete.

Probably the reason why T:V and Legends don't do well is because they are both unfinished games. We cannot finish T:V, but Legends on the other hand... we have complete control over.

To make it simple, we hope to improve Legends by leaps and bounds from what it was a year ago, and from that we can draw in a new community, including the T1 crowd.

Am I correct that Legends is open source, given a $100 Torque license? So any whiner who doesn't like the details can go fix it himself? (Of course, I really should be asking that in the modder/scripter forum, where people give to the community instead of tearing it down.)

Arcanox said:
Well there are several reasons for that. I would say graphics might have something to do with it.

Once the Legends team tweaks it's gameplay a bit more, and Renwerx starts producing new maps and visuals... it would seem a bit more complete.

Probably the reason why T:V and Legends don't do well is because they are both unfinished games. We cannot finish T:V, but Legends on the other hand... we have complete control over.

To make it simple, we hope to improve Legends by leaps and bounds from what it was a year ago, and from that we can draw in a new community, including the T1 crowd.

Eh, I can roll with that.

Can't wait to see what direction you guys take it ;)

Back