Renegades switching to Torque and Legends!

DooRag said:
There goes Renegades!

Who was in charge of art before the switch? Wasn't it Cinderkarst?

Looks like the bottom is falling out quick! lol!

I may be wrong, but I dont think it goes up hill, in a manner of speaking. That is, Arcanox is in charge of Ren. I dont think Legends really has anything to say about that. The Ren guys are helping Legends with art and Legends is giving Ren a friendly and fertile home. (I suspect the Legends core will be modified to facilitate Rens needs). But legends wont be Ren and vice versa. :)

I think.

DooRag said:
There goes Renegades!

I'm in charge of level design for RWX atm. Art style was pretty much by commitee earlier.

If I was in charge of art, I think the modelers would quit.

Cinderkarst said:
I'm in charge of level design for RWX atm. Art style was pretty much by commitee earlier.

If I was in charge of art, I think the modelers would quit.

Well, with you at the helm, there might be a shred of hope.

You've got your work cut out for you!

Good luck guys!

Gonna go play some T:V!!!

DooRag said:
There goes Renegades!

Doorag, dont be a chump on two threads @ once. Cinder knows what he is doing with levels and I've got no doubts that he and the other mappers and pull great levels. The bottom hasnt even started to loosen.

SmOkkin' Joe said:
Doorag, dont be a chump on two threads @ once. Cinder knows what he is doing with levels and I've got no doubts that he and the other mappers and pull great levels. The bottom hasnt even started to loosen.

ok, sorry.

Just tryin to understand what's goin on. Thanks for your help! You guys are cool!

you probably didnt. hes basing opinions of peoples abilities on what zio says, as well as completely unrelated previous accomplishments.

Now, this is just arrogant. Quite amusing, the last few pages of this thread though. Thanks for dragging me into it all btw, it just makes my complications so much less stressful.

I don't care how old anyone here is, I'm sick of everyone acting like a nine year olds, even if its just online, in which you, as an entity, are safe from harm.

But this is not what we need folks. Lets try and be more constructive and postive, eh? Zio, if you disagree with our endeavor, just move on. As well, the way this forum thread has been progressing, the RenWerx code of conduct isn't really being followed, right Arcanox? Continuous ranting (on both sides here) is not needed.

My two cents.

C'mon guys.

so because this is a new engine......will RENEGADES look better than t2 did with everything jacked up all the way? because as it looks now, the gameplay is there in legends, but the graphics and sound are SEVERELY lacking.......i got a little worried when i played it..... so better looking than t2? yes or no?

tuswraith said:
so because this is a new engine......will RENEGADES look better than t2 did with everything jacked up all the way? because as it looks now, the gameplay is there in legends, but the graphics and sound are SEVERELY lacking.......i got a little worried when i played it..... so better looking than t2? yes or no?

Absolutely.

Art is the focus. (And some other details)

Arc was a bit off, the art directors job is more a guiding one to try and organize a general concept that models and such should follow to give the game a more fluid feel. It is not an all powerful job of authorizing or revoking a model/skins/etc's right to be in the mod. None of our lead positions are all controlling, rather there to help manage things easier and add more structure to our development.

For those who think its a lot of work and won't be done, we will prove you wrong. We are a 30+ dev people and we shall get this mod/game out.

Pachacutec said:
While I like the ren team a lot, I feel the same way. I guess it's a lack of faith, it's just that Legends has already had its chance, and they are under no commitment to make a "Tribes" game at all, for right now they seem happy to make a "Tribes-like" game.

I think to force the Legends team to make Tribes would be like forcing Starsiege to make Mechwarrior. They're different beasts and can do as they please.

I'd LOVE to make a Tribes game, but I can't. The only thing we can do is create a game similar in style to Tribes because we can't infringe on copyrights. It's not a matter of skill or technical ability. It's simply a legal issue.

novanix said:
Arc was a bit off, the art directors job is more a guiding one to try and organize a general concept that models and such should follow to give the game a more fluid feel. It is not an all powerful job of authorizing or revoking a model/skins/etc's right to be in the mod. None of our lead positions are all controlling, rather there to help manage things easier and add more structure to our development.

For those who think its a lot of work and won't be done, we will prove you wrong. We are a 30+ dev people and we shall get this mod/game out.

Good post and good to hear.

Believe it or not, I'm really excited to think that Tribes has a future period.

I think I've been caught up in everyone trolling these forums dissing T:V which I really enjoy, Arcanox screaming at me how horrible the game is and to join him and the Legends team. I'm pretty defensive about anything now a days and I'm ready to pick a fight with anyone and that's not what I'm about.

I think because I've been trolled upon for so long on these forums, I must be turning into one myself and I don't want that to happen, so I'm going to leave this thread positively and say once and for all...

I am looking forward to what might come of this project. Good luck guys!

^^^ Not sarcasim for the record!

SmOkkin' Joe said:

Aw shucks. And here I thought you hated my ass.

Good post Nova, thanks for recalling that. And Zio, I do hope your serious. In ways I feel the same way, even being part of such an awesome mod team, I still find time each day to squeeze in some T:V play. BTW, your maps, kick butt man.

And with these posts I kindly must ask all of the Legends people to refrain from further posting on this topic. it's over. Renegades people - you go right ahead. I'd reccomend you don't though. we're all beginning to get annoying.

:D

loop said:
And with these posts I kindly must ask all of the Legends people to refrain from further posting on this topic. it's over. Renegades people - you go right ahead. I'd reccomend you don't though. we're all beginning to get annoying.

:D

I agree. I'm done too. :x

Great News.

I am more confident in this team than the one that built TV.

I enjoyed Legends and all I can say is good luck and thanks for keeping hope alive.

Back