Renegades switching to Torque and Legends!

Nefilim said:
It costs each PROGRAMMER $100. Those who won't be touching the code have no need for a license. Legends already has more than enough copies of the TGE license, so it's not going to cost anything further. (Unless we decide to upgrade to TSE at a later point, which will cost a little extra.)

nef = god.

Greywolf said:
And since it costs each teammember to get the source for torque, that cost can rack up pretty quick. Which leads me to doubt the idea that the GAME not MOD will cost something. Same thing goes for the starseige GAME, not mod
Do you realize, dear fellow, that if you'd bought two copies of Tribes:Fuckup, that you'd have paid for the TGE already? Or that another two copies would get you code to an engine with Shaders that kicks ass, on top of that?

C'mon. Don't talk about costs racking up. Getting a game engine from GarageGames these days, is actually more affordable than buying all of the CounterStrike/HL2 stuff.

Yay.. at least progress can continue now.

Anyone want to buy a copy of T:V? Just glad I didn't buy a second and third copy for my other systems. :)

Guess I'll never be buying a VUG game again. <shrugs>

you have my services if needed.

i've been doing work on a HL2 mod to make it play like tribes (jetpacks and skiing are functional) but i can stop that to help with this. i have experience hacking and slashing through three physics/render engines so thats where i can help most. if you need help with the engine work at all, lemme know.

Good luck with your efforts Renwerx! Wish it was a go for this game but a stand alone or a mod still needs support via the game creators/publishers.

Good luck Renwerx. :)

Long live gay modders!

Great news. I have been excited since SS2845 moved to TGE. Maybe what little modding i have learned in T2, i can use on the new TGE games.

With both Clan Core and Renwerx going to TGE and Legends already there, will there be cooperation between the them? Will there be exchanging of models, code, etc?

Turqy said:
you have my services if needed.

i've been doing work on a HL2 mod to make it play like tribes (jetpacks and skiing are functional) but i can stop that to help with this. i have experience hacking and slashing through three physics/render engines so thats where i can help most. if you need help with the engine work at all, lemme know.

omghi2u

derm king said:
Great news. I have been excited since SS2845 moved to TGE. Maybe what little modding i have learned in T2, i can use on the new TGE games.

With both Clan Core and Renwerx going to TGE and Legends already there, will there be cooperation between the them? Will there be exchanging of models, code, etc?
I believe Renwerx and Legends are a team and Clan Core is separate and independant.

i watched that GDC movie for the torque engine...just please make sure animations arent anything like in that video! Yikes that was poor. but other then that. sweet!

Back