T:V loosing interest? Player count drops rapidly.

Wow, this is the same topic rehashed since like the first 6 months of T1. People were complaining then, and theyll bitch now. T1 never had huge amounts of players like CS or any of the cookie cutter FPS's that one can learn quite easily, and the t1 demo with its 1 ctf map was never as hot as some would like to think, it was a demo, thats it and it had its niche. This is beta, hopefully the released version will be much better. The same 4 maps can get boring quick, thats the way it goes. Fact is, Tribes has a steeper learning curve, always will, unless they cater even more to newbs. This learning curve is what sets dedicated Tribes players apart, and even if the game was bug free and just like T1 in its physics, it still wouldnt draw half the players that CS, CoD, quake12345678909 etc etc etc will draw. Also, tribes pubs have always sucked, they always will, regardless of passwords or strict admins, save for the rare instances where the teams are perfectly even in skill and or experience. Thats why I think pick-ups are the funnest in teh werld.

Tajora said:
This has got to be the dumbest argument ever. Doesn't anyone remember back when the Tribes 1 demo came out? What was the ONLY ctf map released for the demo? Raindance. Yet, people still played the demo for 2 years. No one bitched or whined ab..

2? More like 3-4 ;o

sYs|yavor said:
BlueBlaze:

Come on, brainless kid. Go to your mom, masturbate, idk... just do something with your life. Basically, I don't agree that a stupid nerd uses my photo from T2 players base. Don't use that because I can kill the whole idea of that base. Just don't ask for war.

Have a bit of decency, kid, don't discredit yourself in so official way.

After you tremendous FIGHT THE POWER DOWN WITH THE GOVERMENT post on gameshrine -- I or should I say we :)lol: ) -- thought you would finally give up, but no! you, sadly, just changed the forum(s). (Truly sorry my fellow Americans.)

Seriously, shut the eff up you effing imbecile. Nobody gives a flying eff of your crying. Can't seriously believe that an adult spends his time :mecry: crying :mecry: on an internet forum how T:V killed the glory that was T2 Base and the joy of pubbing on Houston Vehicles. We got it 2 years ago. Give up.

Bye! Time to go write poems of how ThreeWee and their charmless and uncreative -- UNLIKE DAVE G -- leaders :)lol: :rofl: ) ruined the whole european community by hosting Classic servers + having decent map-pool...

BlueBlaze said:
Blablabla

I'm so sorry. It has to be a horrible feeling, mr. blueblaze, to be an idiot on an epic scale, isn't it?

And you know, what? I think that such a effing idiot like you, who did nothing for the game and for the community, shouldn't write anything like this. You are nothing more than a useless effing sponger. And a moron at the same time.

Just eff off, go back to your very advanced T:V and be happy. Again, don't ask for war.

sYs|yavor said:
I'm so sorry. It has to be a horrible feeling, mr. blueblaze, to be an idiot on an epic scale, isn't it?

And you know, what? I think that such a effing idiot like you, who did nothing for the game and for the community, shouldn't write anything like this. You are nothing more than a useless effing sponger. And a moron at the same time.

Just eff off, go back to your very advanced T:V and be happy. Again, don't ask for war.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And what have you done? A tribes 2 base movie that blew donkey cock? ROCK ON YOU SURELY SAVED THE COMMUNITY THERE BUDDY. Even though your posts makes want to castrate myself with a blunt object and hit the person next to me they're still so freaking hilarious to read! Only thing you've really contributed is a tons of preposterous forum posts and logs. Of course that is something to be proud of so yeah, you surely have contributed more than me. :lol:

Please stop posting here (= outside of your ??megalomanical?? polish pc magazine) and post more on your Polack forums. I'm sure there are enough retards to follow your advice and leave Tribes: Vengeance to shop. And I'm surely not asking for a war. I mean, your forehead is bigger than BadMofo's head and what I've seen/heard of MoFo he is effing tHuG.

BlueBlaze, while i won't comment on either of your opinions, I think he does have one point. YOU may have thought his movie "blew donkey cock" but you would be in the vast minority. I have it saved to CD. I remember Marweas asking me to send it to him on VHS so he could show some folks. For people who spent alot of time playing the game, and who actually cared about playing, the movie was a hit.

Its ok if you didnt like it, but your opinion of it does not negate the fact that 2 things seem to convince the community that you have earned the right to opine and be accepted. Either you are a very talented player, or you have dedicated time to the community. Folks who run Lans, sites and leagues are some. So regardless of IF I agree with him, I read and consider it, if for no other reason than to respect the countless hours it took to make , in my opinion, the best T2 movie ever made.

But my theory does have a flaw. I have spent unGodly hours working on stuff for this community, and people don't show me crap for respect...so go figure ;)

MasterGnr said:
BlueBlaze, while i won't comment on either of your opinions, I think he does have one point. YOU may have thought his movie "blew donkey cock" but you would be in the vast minority. I have it saved to CD. I remember Marweas asking me to send it to him on VHS so he could show some folks. For people who spent alot of time playing the game, and who actually cared about playing, the movie was a hit.

Its ok if you didnt like it, but your opinion of it does not negate the fact that 2 things seem to convince the community that you have earned the right to opine and be accepted. Either you are a very talented player, or you have dedicated time to the community. Folks who run Lans, sites and leagues are some. So regardless of IF I agree with him, I read and consider it, if for no other reason than to respect the countless hours it took to make , in my opinion, the best T2 movie ever made.

But my theory does have a flaw. I have spent unGodly hours working on stuff for this community, and people don't show me crap for respect...so go figure ;)

You should go read some of his posts on euro Tribes forum. I'm sure you would understand.. :ugh:

Although I can't see what Yavor has done for the Tribes community, I have to hand credit to him for contributing us a new language. It's very much like English, in the sense of vocabulary used, but at the same time seems to derive it's syntax and semantics from Polish or some other East-European language. Fascinating stuff, really!

I have been playing Tribes since it first came out (T1) after my first experience with online gaming I was hooked. I have not played a single player game since and only buy games that have a multiplayer capability of at least 32 players.

Tribes represented a huge innovative leap when it came out, mainly:
1) it was multiplayer only
2) it allowed the player total freedomn of movement, which allowed innovative gameplay and strategies.
3) Huge maps allowing for greater gameplay.
4) T1 had the best netcode for it's time, and I have to say still has the best netcode.

Tribes 2 was a great game made better (mostly :) ) by speeding up inventory loadouts, better graphics,and voice macros as well as a lot of underused command and community features.

Tribes:V unfortunately:

1) took as step back in the inventory system (big mistake) nothing will frustrate a newbie or veteran more than trying to load up using the slow assed interface, or a two key macro.

2) complicated an already proven, streamlined voice macro system (another big mistake), could they have you press more keys to say "HI" ?

3) Rreduced the map size to increase the amount of player confrontation. Yes this will instigate combat faster but it also gives rise to more turtling (which noobs don't know about, and as a result they get TK by their teamates and won't understand why, then get frustrated and leave). Your supposed to be trying to get new blood not confusing and frustrating them with online ettiquette that veterans follow.

flag chasing seems far too short. When I snatch a flag, I don't get the same feeling of satisfaction I got if I took it a kilometer away to my own base, the whole while being hounded by chasers. Now it seems I grab the flag and 5 seconds later I'm capping :( you can see this by some of the absurdly high scoring games that you see.

4) Removed the command console where I you could remotely use any turret or asset.

I like the retro look of T:V and it's armours, not so keen about the Unreal engine, which doesn't seem to give you the wide open view or scope. I don't really care for the vehicles much, to be quite honest (they are basically spammers). I think if you removed vehicles completely the game would be a little more interesting,

The main reason that I will still buy this game is the fact the the modders and mappers out there are going to be the ones that will fix these problems and pull this game out of the crapper :) .

Thank god for the Mod and mapping community in advance :clap:

Helstrom said:
I have been playing Tribes since it first came out (T1) after my first experience with online gaming I was hooked. I have not played a single player game since and only buy games that have a multiplayer capability of at least 32 players.

2) it allowed the player total freedomn of movement, which allowed innovative gameplay and strategies.
4) T1 had the best netcode for it's time, and I have to say still has the best netcode.

Tribes 2 was a great game made better (mostly :) ) by speeding up inventory loadouts, better graphics,and voice macros as well as a lot of underused command and community features.

1) took as step back in the inventory system (big mistake) nothing will frustrate a newbie or veteran more than trying to load up using the slow assed interface, or a two key macro.

2) complicated an already proven, streamlined voice macro system (another big mistake), could they have you press more keys to say "HI" ?

3) Rreduced the map size to increase the amount of player confrontation. Yes this will instigate combat faster but it also gives rise to more turtling (which noobs don't know about, and as a result they get TK by their teamates and won't understand why, then get frustrated and leave). Your supposed to be trying to get new blood not confusing and frustrating them with online ettiquette that veterans follow.

flag chasing seems far too short. When I snatch a flag, I don't get the same feeling of satisfaction I got if I took it a kilometer away to my own base, the whole while being hounded by chasers. Now it seems I grab the flag and 5 seconds later I'm capping :( you can see this by some of the absurdly high scoring games that you see.

4) Removed the command console where I you could remotely use any turret or asset.

I like the retro look of T:V and it's armours, not so keen about the Unreal engine, which doesn't seem to give you the wide open view or scope. I don't really care for the vehicles much, to be quite honest (they are basically spammers). I think if you removed vehicles completely the game would be a little more interesting,

The main reason that I will still buy this game is the fact the the modders and mappers out there are going to be the ones that will fix these problems and pull this game out of the crapper :) .

You missed the part where T:V packs/armours are better balanced than in both T1 or T2. The inventory system was hard to use first but after playing around it became easy. Command screen -- like beacons/targ laser/sensor jammer pack -- were hardly never used (unless you mean T1 and capper_tv.cs). The new radar system is better.

BlueBlaze said:
You missed the part where T:V packs/armours are better balanced than in both T1 or T2. The inventory system was hard to use first but after playing around it became easy. Command screen -- like beacons/targ laser/sensor jammer pack -- were hardly never used (unless you mean T1 and capper_tv.cs). The new radar system is better.

And how Helstrom sucks at Tribes and spelling.

Helstrom said:

:signed:
I couldnt agree more.

I will add my 2 cents here about what I dont like:

1) The vehicles do nothing for this game. Freedom of movement means you dont need them. However, I loved the vehicles from Tribes 2.
2) I am mixed on the grappler.
3) I miss the shocklance. Perhaps swap the grappler for the shocklance.
4) light 1v1 vs heavy is less fun without the shocklance and the old energy pack behavior.
5) The skiing feels funny. I can go as fast as in T2 classic, but it feels like I have less control stopping.
6) Netcode stinks. This game feels laggy.
7) Shooting the spinfusor. I miss having to compensate for my movement. I used to get such a kick out of landing kills with mid air shots and creative splash damage shots. It feels like the finesse and creativity is gone from shooting the spinfusor.

Here is what I like:

1) I love the scoring system. I got high score on my very first game. :) As a light armor capper type of player, it gave me a chance to have a high score over the mortar spammers of Tribes 2. I consistently get the high score or very close to it.
2) The autorepairers and the way the repair packs work. I makes repairing less tedious.
3) Deployable system. More players will be likely to grab a deployable since it is very easy to do. This could help with defense and make games more competitive with everyone contributing.

With all of that being said, I am undecided if I am going to buy this game. I have no need for the single player, so I may wait to see what people say about the finished multiplayer experience.

Last edited:
javajeff said:
I will add my 2 cents here about what I dont like:

3) I miss the shocklance. Perhaps swap the grappler for the shocklance.
4) light 1v1 vs heavy is less fun without the shocklance and the old energy pack behavior.

Adding shocklance was killed by community. Various times.

javajeff said:
What was the problem with the shocklance?

It is a renegades weapon, along with cloaking, and GASP...TREES!!!

I remember when T2 was in Beta the derision was directed toward the inclusion of SO many mod elements.

So, I see TV as a return to our ROOTS.

Call me Kunte.
:D

Back