and also added this to tribes_en.ini
and it didnt work

I am now going to try
EnableCheatProtection=False

You also need to delete...

[[IGA]Roger> just delete the tv_mpbeta_blahen.ini
[[IGA]Roger> whatever its called

G1ZM0 said:
How are keys handled with the server? Can you install with a key run a dedicated server and still play with that key?

Yep I am,
But ther server keeps crashing every 30 min or so, anyone else having this issue?

OCG-GabooN said:
Yep I am,
But ther server keeps crashing every 30 min or so, anyone else having this issue?

I had two servers running this morning, both 24 players. When i retured several hours later, one had crashed.

With P4 3.2 GHz and a gig of ram, seems like 48 players is still too much. I bumped the limits down to 20 players each, and it is still over 90%

I am going to try one at 20 and one at 16, and I think that will be just right for my rig.

I switched mine over to run as a process because it will crash out of the blue. I believe we don't have the sticky bug problems, but man was it rampant this morning on Treehouse II.

Anyone have any ideas to setup a map rotation?

I'd really like to throw up a smaller server with Ball/Rabbit/not CTF.

My admin does not work in-game. I can login fine, but then none of the functions work. I have to tab out to webadmin to kick someone.

Anyone else experienced this?

nixfix said:
My admin does not work in-game. I can login fine, but then none of the functions work. I have to tab out to webadmin to kick someone.

Ingame kick/ban don't work for me.

nixfix said:

I had the same problem. You can do a console kick though...

admin kick playername

Anyone figure out how to do local stats using a parser? I have tried a few that I found out there for ut200X but they seem to not work b/c t:v has the log file locked.

Thankx for the info TySoft! I got my server setup and running just fine. :)

I did find out though that hosting a dedicated server defaulty uses default.ini unless you otherwise specify in the command line of the shortcut. Also can't figure out why my time limit is set to 20, when I put 60 in the ini file (both actually to make sure)??

Also for all you first time server dudes, make sure you change bAdminVote=True to False so you don't have people voting themselves admin all the time ;)

**Edit
Web admin works fine also! Just wish that the demo had more admin options :) But I'm happy with what it has now!

The game is rockin!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back