Do NOT like the game

eeyore said:
40 Blayze, an old fart. My kid is 18, and he plays T2 and Cod. We are a happy gaming family!! BTW, I know I'm ragging on age, but be clear its just part of the forum thing; I enjoy giving back what I get....many of you guys are great Tribes players, and I tip my hat to you young guys. At tribalwars, the best part for me was seeing how dedicated everyone was to the game. Better than a superbowl party. I'd just like to see Tribes grow more challenging and team based, not be reduced to a slugfest. Again, I hope I am wrong.

It will be more team based as the game evolved. When T1 first came out, you didn't see HoF's being supported by light D. Everyone did what they wanted because the game was new. People try things out when it's new.

T:V six months from now will be entirely different. Strategies and teamplay will be at a high. Techniques will be defined and you'll see a whole new level of play. The point of a game is to be exciting, not to go "wow nice work on that 1 cap in 30 minutes. Let's hold hands to show how united we are!" A game can still be fast paced and emphasize teamplay.

Amadeu5 said:
I was just pointing out that organized != win

There's still individual skill involved to be able to execute the tactics.

All else being equal, organised = win.

I was worried that some silly debate might spawn from my question, and this being tribalwar, I really should have known better. Back to the issue I was trying to discuss, which has been alluded to by several posters:

Is T:V in its current, beta, state, a game that will generate a greater percentage of success to a decent, organised team, or to a disorganised team with a number of highly skilled players?

I do beleive that he means it is slooowwwwww because, he IS used to Strike capping. Which was fast as hell in T2 ... IMHO too fast and I am glad you can't get into vehic with the flag. I think that the game will be more intense by not being able to make those vehic escapes ... IMO

I am not in the beta.. so the things I say are how I think things should be. This is without comparison and I am all theory. I might have a totally different opinion about certain things when I get in game. However, strike and cloakers will never be on that list.

blahblah, get the hell over it, he dosnt like the game, he thinks those things are wrong, its his OPINION. You can sit there, complain, say hes wrong all you like, but guess what, thats just YOUR OPINION, so neither side will come off any better in the end :p

well said fool. Some good points, and thanks for answering without flaming. Again, I am not passing judgement on the game, just raising some issues, and seeking feedback an opinions, and NOT trying to "prove" anything. As I said, kidding aside, there are some great players here, and I want to know what they think about teamowrk and matchplay in TV.
What do you mean by credentials? On that online gaming rank site, I was for a long time in the top 20 and top 10, and MA dropped from the TWL CTF ladder do to the rampant cheating going on there. Amazing how many people and teams faded away when DT came out. We are very active in BEML, a small league. We actively scrim, so if you want a scrim let me know.

I still remember one twl match when, in the first minute, we had all our invs deployed, and from behind a mountain some dude sent one mortar at a time landing directly on each of our deployables. Once it became clear how rampant the cheating was among the "733t" players, and the number of pubs dwindled, I frankly started playing less T2 and more T1, and got back into planetside. The nice thing about pay to play is it weeds out a lot of smacktards.

With TV I was hoping to see the teamwork brought to a higher level and the game made more challeneging, but so far I see neither. That is just an opinion. If you have a different one, and can point out how I am wrong, I welcome that.

or maybe he thinks its slow because he cant hit a route

im happy t2/BEML players(NO SKIING LEAGUE) like this are turned off by t:v's fast paced no bullshazbot gameplay

eff eeyore, he is a newbie, and i hope anyone who is influenced by his opinions doesnt play either, because you are a moron newbie too

Riavan said:
blahblah, get the hell over it, he dosnt like the game, he thinks those things are wrong, its his OPINION. You can sit there, complain, say hes wrong all you like, but guess what, thats just YOUR OPINION, so neither side will come off any better in the end :p
But, but, we are RIGHT and he is WRONG!!! :weird:

Riavan said:

I've been sucked into the forum, so I might as well respond to this.

Your folly, Riavan, is that you have posited all opinions as equal, and therefore an opposition in opinions will always result in stalemate.

However, opinions are not all equal. In a debate between, for example, you and Albert Einstein on quantum physics, his opinion is likely to carry far more weight than yours. A debate between the two of you will result in any non-partisan observer concluding that he is right, and you are wrong. You might suggest that you yourself will not accept that you are incorrect, but if you think that everyone is as mulish as this, you are mistaken.

Some opinions are more worthy, factual, rational and reasonable than others, that is why we have debate as a filtering mechanism.

Lobster said:
All else being equal, organised = win.

I was worried that some silly debate might spawn from my question, and this being tribalwar, I really should have known better. Back to the issue I was trying to discuss, which has been alluded to by several posters:

Is T:V in its current, beta, state, a game that will generate a greater percentage of success to a decent, organised team, or to a disorganised team with a number of highly skilled players?

Organization is only relevant when the skill curve of players is near equal. Obviously if a bunch of random top 5 players play people who just installed it, the top 5 players will win regardless of how well the new players work together. That's the same with any game. Baseball players would kick my championship office softball team.

When the skill level is equal or close to equal, organized teamplay will win out. I've already been in several T:V pubs where my team has won even without a base the entire time because nobody on the other team was bothering to cap.

eeyore said:
Cyanide, go buy your school supplies....lets see, moron used twice. ...I'd say, sophmore in HS, no GF.

he cant, his funding didn't go through, however, he can still be a beach bum living in one of the richest districts of florida.

Strega said:
Ironically very close...but I think he's a year or 2 older than you guessed.

lol.....all meant in fun. no worries. I am frankly stunned I haven't gotten any age flames yet.

And again, if TV is a game intended for a younger crowd who want more slugfest and less extras, then so be it. That is who will play it, and TV will be a success. That doesnt make me angry, just a bit sad I guess that the game could have been something better.

Last edited:
eeyore said:
the cohesion is this: TV is a game that lacks depth or substance, and as such it will appeal to those who just like to run around blowing stuff up. This is not a bad thing, its just different. As I said, I enjoy it myself for about 20 minutes or so at a time.

I guess a good place to take the conversation would be matchplay vs. pubs. In any pub you can get just a free for all, even with T1 and T2, but matches are a different level of playing. Even in matchplay TV is a dumbed down game, geared much more toward infantry fighting. Vehicle based strats will be impacted, certainly, if used at all. Vehicles took effort to kill in T2,not so in TV.

Thanks for summing up why I can't wait to play a competitive match.

Shoddy said:
If you're looking for the forum where only the top 3 players get to share opinions about the Tribes franchise, it's over here: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Awww, ain't that cute.

I've been in too many "T2 Classic vs. base/vs. V2" on the TWL forums to portray anyone from (MA) as "intelligent debaters", and I've played too many pubs against their players to see them as anything but eternal newbies.

The game might be too slow because you don't have the skill to go fast. I played about... 10 minutes last night before my key got locked (ono, warez), but in those 10 minutes I thouroughly enjoyed myself. I feel the ground controls your trajectory a bit much, but the speed was great.

Also, the sheer idiocy of bringing up T:V match situations in an argument is simply mind-boggling. We won't know how it turns out until a few weeks into open beta when the first scrims start being played.

Voldslinger, go get those school supplies. And anytime you and your clan want to challenge the MA to a scrimm, instead of just smacktalking feel free.

FYI, the MA are bigger than T2. We have the Championship BF1942 team, A planetside outfit known as Allegiance we belong to, and are known for always generously offering our servers to those in need of one. We also offer a public TS server for non-smacktards. feel free to drop by anytime. matureasskickers.com We will be fielding a TV Beta team in TWL, and have already got a roster. Those teams that haven't done so already should head over and get a team set up.

For those of you who feel threatened by my opinions, don't worry, part of growing into adulthood is learning to tolerate other points of view. It will come in time.

Last edited:
Back