[Feedback] TV Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limbo said:
i dunno man
all the t2 players are hopping on val's dick

I also love how val tries to call everyone idiots when he has no idea who they are
awww, look! It's a another newbie from twl. I care (really I do... ...) what you think.

KineticPoet said:
Sorry, don't have time to read 11 pages of this. Change your User.ini file:
Up=MoveForward | Button bDropWeapon | SetWeapon equipmentclasses.weaponblaster

Auto drops blaster when you move forward,
KP

edit: Replace "Up" with "W" for non-arrow-key people

-ivan said:
I think Val just wanted everyone to know and to think he is cool because he is able to play the beta without being in it.
Everyone from TW E/W has the beta... idiot. I woudn't be very "special" if I did have it.

Validuz said:
awww, look! It's a another newbie from twl. I care (really I do... ...) what you think.

Considering that he was playing T1 long ago, probably before TWL even existed....

r00fies said:
isnt it amazing how someone mentioned this earlier in Page 4 or something? Validuz was on a "im better than you run" so he skipped over it... so there you go, you -can- autodrop the weapon...
Well, I appreciate KP/IrritAnt posting either way. But the reason I don't like the walk foward/drop blaster idea, is because I *might* (for a rare occassion), want to use it... and then I'm screwed. THat's why the "option" would be perfect.

However, as he said... they are in the "final stages". So my question is this, are they going to add all those features we all wanted (or even some) like zoom options, etc... later on (after release)?

Considering that KY was the only good server for pubs when I saw limbo showing up, it doesn't really say much at all considering thats where most people play.

IrritAnt said:
Firstly, we can't respond to every single request or feedback post. We are down to the wire production-wise and have to prioritise our time. Bugs absolutely come first.
I can understand that. That's ("down to the wire") the reason I was most worried about... that you guys won't be adding in any of the customization featuers like we have in T1/T2.

Secondly, I often leave feedback and request threads open to see if anyone else has any thoughts on the matter and to allow discussion to develop. Bugs, once noted, are locked ASAP unless we're waiting for more info.
What about the invo thread or the Reset Zoom thread? What do you guys think of those? ...Or is it too late? :(

Thirdly, we consider any feedback purely on its merits, though we do expect common courtesy. We are ordinary guys and extremely negative or rude posts are unlikely to garner the attention their ideas might otherwise deserve. Likewise, posts that are simply "I do not like this" aren't helpful. Thoughtful, carefully considered posts that explore an issue and take into account things like game balance are a lot more useful.
I have a bad habbit of posting something in a negative fassion, if I feel it's been ignored (from before closed beta).

Fourth, we cannot include new features. The definition of Beta is "feature complete". That is, all features that are supposed to be in the game are there, it's purely down to tuning. It is far too time consuming from a testing perspective to introduce a new feature. Reinstating scripting in almost any form would be a new feature.
Will there be any additions after release besides the GUI editor?

Fifth, we continue to welcome any and all feedback as long as it's useful and constructive.

For example, here's how I would have posted Validuz's concerns if I were him;

[Feedback] Blaster is not a useful weapon.
I find the blatser not a very useful weapon to use. I feel it's underpowered and I discard it as quickly as I can in game in favour of something else. Is there a possibility that we could have an "auto drop on spawn" feature for the blaster? Would this unbalance the gameplay? Thoughts?
Yes, as I said to Fal... I know I posted the wrong way. I was(am) just very fustrated that the game won't be as customizable as T1/T2 was. All those little things, like reset zoom, ACTUAL-quick invo (and setting inv before getting to an inv), zoom features (like different FoV per weapon), reticle options (different rets for each weapons; being able to swap them out back and forth/add new ones), etc.

All of those little customizations that T1/T2 allowed, kept me happy.. because I could either avoid annoying keypresses (Auto-Drop Blaster on Spawn), or I could easily zoom in and out (and to the max) without worrying about the next time I zoom in... "is the zoom going to be 20x and piss me off?".

Finally, Validuz you have implied that you have been playing the Closed Beta though you're not actually in the Closed Beta. Can I ask is this correct, and if so how have you managed to play the game?
By being a nerd, a course!

}x{ Dragon said:
And starting all my posts with "Considering" is the cool thing to do.
Considering you've only made a couple posts in this thread, I think it's otay :)

P.S. bbl.. pubbing t2c/tv/cs (RAWR CS!!1 lol)

People are missing the entire point about why clientside scripting is good. Anyone who's played T1 must have witnessed the power of its scripting. I don't WANT another keybind just for the specific purpose of dropping the blaster. I just want it to drop and me to forget about it. Binding your movement keys is a kludge of Quake-scripting standards at best, and telling someone they have to change ALL their keys (to WASD?) just to accomodate this is ridiculous and evidence of something bigger that needs fixing. Nor do I want to tell the inventory station 20 times a game what loadout I want, but without scripting we have to request it on the forums and hope they make it so. No, it's not going to ruin the game, but he has a point. That said, I can accept the lack of scripting, and certainly telling Irrational they're "fucking up" is not the best way to introduce your feature request.

Last edited:
adenine! said:
...and telling someone they have to change ALL their keys (to WASD?) just to accomodate this is ridiculous and evidence of something bigger that needs fixing....

I believe KP was just using 'W' as an example. You should change the 'W' to whatever key you use to move forward.

Apotheosis said:
I believe KP was just using 'W' as an example. You should change the 'W' to whatever key you use to move forward.

That is the Quake-scripting kludge I was talking about. Someone suggested not using the arrow keys, but I can't find it now, anyway, that would better apply to the current shift+key inventory system that I don't think is rebindable at all and is a pain for anyone not using wasd/esdf/etc.

ask mofo how "shitty" the blaster is.

the first month will be alot of fun with all these people playing like its t1 or t2

LostAngel said:
The blaster rips through people.

-END-
werd

though similar was true back in T1 but nobody used it :shrug: (not nearly as powerful as it is in T:V, it was still decent, accurate, and had a high RoF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back