News: And the beta previews come in..

naz, I played tribes 2 (classic when it came out) from release till around uva5. That's my background. Rarely, ill check out t1. I havent played a game since uva5.

triple said:
naz, I played tribes 2 (classic when it came out) from release till around uva5. That's my background. Rarely, ill check out t1. I havent played a game since uva5.
OMG what are joo doing with beta, newb????

:cat:

While the vehicles are useful both offensively and defensively, you can't enter a vehicle while you are carrying the flag, so you can't use a fighter for a quick escape.

This makes me SO happy.

Seriously.

Nothing pissed me off more in T2 (in regards to gameplay elements that is) than vehicle capping.

I have a few questions for the beta testers, you are in no way obligated to answer of course, but I would really like to know about a couple of things!

1. The trails. In action does the screen get convoluted. Are they actually pretty decent in action or what? What are your opinions about them?
2. Does the boosts given by the catapult/e-pack give you a significant jump, are they overpowered? What are your thoughts?
3. How does the water feel? Is it like T2 or TR2?

BlueBlaze said:
:lol: @ cursewords in chathud :p

Players I spotted from ss'

Sluggo
Freshmeat
booty
kittens_with_yarn
xgalaxy
agentorange
bloody
400pingho(?)
Bane grievver
a tiny fishie(?)
marweas
zod
hobbicitus
firefrenzy
wafford
triple
baxter
badmofo
zoolooman
excal
jacen(?)

updated :roller:

Phanman said:
I like the old IFF's as much as the next guy, but the way I look at it is that rather than make a graphically enchanced Tribes or Tribes 2, they are trying to make a new Tribes game. I look forward to a refreshing new style and await the challenges of a new way of having to play. I have little desire to play basically the same game with fancy graphics.

you need to shut the fuck up, not because you're dumb, but because youre obviously a t2 player and that makes you wrong.

Fraggy Poo said:
I have a few questions for the beta testers, you are in no way obligated to answer of course, but I would really like to know about a couple of things!

1. The trails. In action does the screen get convoluted. Are they actually pretty decent in action or what? What are your opinions about them?
2. Does the boosts given by the catapult/e-pack give you a significant jump, are they overpowered? What are your thoughts?
3. How does the water feel? Is it like T2 or TR2?

aparently from the videos you can move through water, at like almost the same speed

what i wanna know is.

remember tribes 2 you could ski over the water until they patched it out
well thats supposed to be in tribes vengeance.....anyone do it?

nazbot said:
If you were a game designer, wouldn't you want to know how the n00bs feel about your game? For the most part, hardcore Tribers would buy an empty box if IG called it T3 (and then half the community would whine about the box art). The n00bs which IG are trying to attract are either going to play and get hooked like the rest of us 'vets' or they will play and say 'too hard, back to cs for me'. IG probably wants to see if that's the case BEFORE the game goes gold. BTW I have no idea about triple's background, so I dunno if the claims against him are true...I just wanted to point out the reason why have just as much a place in the closed beta as true tribers do.

Mofo was obviously IG smoking monkey pole to get in, though when he finished he was probably like "beta? what beta?"

:lol: box art

i want to know what zoolooman contributed to the beta

he didnt even fuckin show up to the tribes throwback tourney he signed up for

First up, I'm happy to see IG isn't making Tribes:TribalWar_wishes_b_granted , but Tribes:Vengenace, a new game in the Tribes series

hides for all the "shap t2 player"

Someone on one of the screenshots points out (forgot wich one), that it's rediculous to have color IFF's while the killmsg's(etc) DO work with the red/green system.
If I'm going color, I wanna go color all the way. And I prefer the 'my team=green' option if colors are here to stay.

The only reason for the color IFF's could be SP (wich shouldn't be a reason to begin with) OR multi-team mods ...dunno about this though

I like the new inv/deploy/repair stuff (I think... )

Back