News: Bittah T:V Movie

KineticPoet said:
The trails aren't placeholder. Our art director loves 'em,
KP
Sarcasm?

I showed the video to a friend and one of his first comments was on how ugly the trails are. I told him they were temporary =/

Other than that, he seemed to like the game.

RegisteredFruit said:
Sarcasm?

I showed the video to a friend and one of his first comments was on how ugly the trails are. I told him they were temporary =/

Other than that, he seemed to like the game.
No, not sarcasm. Matter of opinion I guess whether or not you like the trails.

I'll be very curious to see what kinds of effects people cook up on their own. Then I'll be curious to see if anyone manages to cook up effects that give them extremely unfair advantages. =(
KP

Unless someone can mimic chainsparks, I doubt anything will be more effective or cheesy than the already existing, super-bright color trails.

Customization should probably be pretty safe.

That said, I *like* the trails right now. I really like them. At first I didn't, but after seeing this Bittah film, I have come to enjoy them.

KineticPoet said:
No, not sarcasm. Matter of opinion I guess whether or not you like the trails.

I'll be very curious to see what kinds of effects people cook up on their own. Then I'll be curious to see if anyone manages to cook up effects that give them extremely unfair advantages. =(
KP

If there is a way to give yourself an unfair advantage by screwing with the effects, then why let people do it if they aren't playing a mod?

Balance is more important than customization.

KineticPoet said:
KP
Then why dont you replace the trails that everyone seems to hate, by the smoke shown on the early videos? Everyone will have the same effects, and everyone wont have to wait fore someone to make them.
Im also talking about the mortar trails which make it looks more funny than scary.

interesting reactions to the jet trails... i personally think they look much better than the original smoke trails we had (and i think alot of people here are of the same opinion). certainly its a very vibrant, stylistic effect compared to the smoke, which was kinda dull grey mush.

taoofjord said:
If there is a way to give yourself an unfair advantage by screwing with the effects, then why let people do it if they aren't playing a mod?
Who says there's a way to give you an unfair advantage? I just said there might be. The idea is that there isn't. The game already has chain sparks, jetpack trails, etc. It shouldn't be much of an advantage if you make them neon pink,
KP

I guess we will get used to the jetpack trails.
But I really think mortars and grenades trails should be replaced by smoke.
That would make them look a little less like child toys.

elton said:
I guess we will get used to the jetpack trails.
But I really think mortars and grenades trails should be replaced by smoke.
That would make them look a little less like child toys.
signed.
please, at least include a option for switching between trails and smoke (jetpack).
as you can see, many of us dislike the coloured trails. and imho the disc/mortar trails need a bit of tweaking, too ;)

RuX said:
signed.
please, at least include a option for switching between trails and smoke (jetpack).
as you can see, many of us dislike the coloured trails. and imho the disc/mortar trails need a bit of tweaking, too ;)

I wouldn't want smoke unless they can make it one continuous trail. You know how in most games when the object travels too fast and the smoke sprites get spaced out and look like "puffs" of smoke instead of a trail? Yeah, that's ugly. Trails unless they can make the smoke look like the smoke in UT2004 :)

Back