News: Bittah T:V Movie

@Dea: Thankyou for repacking it. We did realise the filesize wasnt optimised the best but that was mainly due to gav (and everyone else) having little to no experience with it. He did a good job first off, it was just a case of getting it out there instead of waiting longer til we released it.

Only the eagled eyed people like yourself would of caught the interlacing ;)

Just noticed that you will be able to swap weapons with whatever weapon you find laying around on the battle field just by hitting enter. I always wanted an easier way of doin this!!!

I suck at the encoding. But I blame Russ, as he wasn't helping any except for laughing at me.

I thanked TWL becuase they have been supporting and running the T2 scene for us ever since it came out. I feel they've done the most for the Aus tribes scene then anyone else by far. I thanked the people that deserved to be thanked.

At the bottom it says "Thanks to Herbz and Vman" my two house mates that helped me put all this together.

Please remember guys that what we played was an alpha build. And for alpha, 32 players on one server together was VERY impressive.

My machine: P4 2.8 Radeon 9600XT 512 corsair. One of the biggest things we noticed was the diference between people who had 512MB RAM, and 1G RAM.

kronic250 said:
I suck at the encoding. But I blame Russ, as he wasn't helping any except for laughing at me.

Now you know what it's like to work at IGA! ;)

Awesome vid, btw! Great footage, awesome playing, and that music... I'm sure it's not going to leave my head unless I take it out with a bullet! What's planned for the next one? Poison? Europe? Warrant?

nice vid Gav, shown of alot of stuff considering half of us were pretty newb at the game.

as for whoever mentioned fast cap runs, i dont think it would be a good thing if we can simply just pickup a game and bust mach 5 caps all over the place. some people we figuring caps out, but sheesh give the game time for crying out loud, as mentioned previously, it was Alpha.

I'll do some short clips of some other cool stuff from the footage if people want. I'll have to talk to Dea about the encoding though. kek

I have some footage of some VERY fast cap runs.

Oh and sif Russ isn't the sexiest man in canberra!!!! lol

LazarusCrusader said:
Just noticed that you will be able to swap weapons with whatever weapon you find laying around on the battle field just by hitting enter. I always wanted an easier way of doin this!!!

i grappled the ground and then picked up another weapon. I got suck like a teathered goat, all i could do was run around in circles. It was highly amusing.

[IGA]InstaSquid said:
Now you know what it's like to work at IGA! ;)

Awesome vid, btw! Great footage, awesome playing, and that music... I'm sure it's not going to leave my head unless I take it out with a bullet! What's planned for the next one? Poison? Europe? Warrant?
:rofl:

atta boy russ, just point and laugh.

The buckler is quite a powerful weapon against players who don't know how to dodge. After only a few hours of play I found myself able to avoid most buckler shots, so I wouldn't worry too much about the buckler being a superpowered weapon of mass destruction lame factor 5.

Again, I think it would be a good idea to have the ability to 'show_wep' set at '0'

I could care fuck all about weapon animations. :)

bring on beta for all ;)

@pulsed: Not a problem. I just tought to make life easier for ppl with less bandwidth.

@kronic250: If you need any help, just PM me or you can reach me at QNet (irc.uk.quakenet.org) at #mirage . I'd be happy to give you instructions / scripts on how to compress your footage to a smaller filesize and still retain good image quality.

kronic250 said:
I'll do some short clips of some other cool stuff from the footage if people want. I'll have to talk to Dea about the encoding though. kek

I have some footage of some VERY fast cap runs.

Oh and sif Russ isn't the sexiest man in canberra!!!! lol
omg please
if you have this, please post
1) Lots of Heavy Footage (Rape etc)
2) Tank and Gunship
3) Funny shit that you have.

This is of course if you are not under NDA about some of the info.

darn

The movie crashes on me right after he bails out of the vehicle, and the music stops. The video however, continues to play, with a giant warning sign in front of it. :(

I downloaded this one from TW, and just -barely- updated to the latest DivX and it still crashes at the same spot. Ideas?

VektorX said:
omg please
if you have this, please post
1) Lots of Heavy Footage (Rape etc)
2) Tank and Gunship
3) Funny shit that you have.

This is of course if you are not under NDA about some of the info.

*cough* Yeah um.. about the heavy footage. I was supposed to jump on krons machine so he could get some footage of this as I was going full Bore HO ahead and HO capped a few times. unfortunately, we had a Q+A session and then we ran out of time. kron may still have some though.

Back