[News] T:V News on GameSpot!

triple said:
Can we get a straight list/descriptions of each pack? Seems like all we have heard about is the energy and repair pack. And I sure as hell know those aren't the only 2 packs in the game.

Not for awhile, I'm afraid. Gotta portion in all out so we keep getting coverage next year. Sry. :(

MaD_ReBeL said:
hmm so its fundamentally the same tribes sniper rifle we know and love its just changed. im mainly asking if its 'feel' is the same. i dont care if its hit scan or not just as long as its relative to the t1/t2 rifles.
Yeah it feels the same.

can you talki more about this if you dont mind? gamespot made it sound like there is a normal fire that does 'x' damage and charged up fire that does 'X' damage. if they are wrong could you more clearly explain it?
It's the same as T1/T2. More energy = more damage.

im pressuming there are still class armor limits aka mortar?
Yeah, there are weapons that only certain armors can use,
KP

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
An ide How about adjustable power levels for the rifle? Say through an option you can decide to have your rifle use all availible energy, or only energy to a certain point (40%, 50%, etc) and if you have less than that amount it will use all remaining energy. This would add another dynamic and allow the rifle to be a more usable weapon while moving, and adding variety to the damage and effectiveness on a per-person basis.
Seconded...

RoF should be low, (disklauncher low, if not slower) so you don't get someone firing off thier entire ammo supply at point blank range just to get a kill...

However, to play devil's advocate:
Being able to set the power, you could concievably find a balance point between recharge rate and RoF that maximizes power vs number of shots... Say if you commonly get 3 shots at someone, recharge about 20% of your meter, and set your power for 40% you can fire off 3 40% power shots, and if you hit with 2, deal 80% damage... rather than betting the farm on a single 100% power shot. Might be too flexible.

MaD_ReBeL said:
let me see if i get this straight in theory i could snipe you, then instantly drain my energypack for the direction changing boost for a quick direction change/get away?

My understanding is that your sniper shot would drain your epack of energy as well as your armor (providing max damage) leaving you nothing for a boost.

AFAIK, there's no way to use less than all of your energy in a shot.

Marweas said:
Not for awhile, I'm afraid. Gotta portion in all out so we keep getting coverage next year. Sry. :(

Can I speculate?

you have the marketing pack. and what this pack does, is makes every other player in the server wait in anticipation of something, but it never delivers.

worst pack evar.

Marweas said:
My understanding is that your sniper shot would drain your epack of energy as well as your armor (providing max damage) leaving you nothing for a boost.

cool i was just curious since it was said earlier that packs have their own power. i could think of all kinds of dirty lil ways to exploit it if it didnt drain all the energy :D

little confused but thats to be expected with the little info you can share and the shitty job gamespot did presenting it :D

Marweas said:

An "overcharge" visual effect from the added energy would be nifty.

Speculation:
Jammer pack: Sensor jammer ala Classic mod. removes your IFF marker, etc. Active it removes for a radius.

Ammo pack: stores extra ammo for your weapons. Active, slowly manufacures new ammo.

Shield: decreases damage taken from incoming shots. Active completely nullifies incoming shots damage, but drains power relative.

[/speculation]

VaporTrail said:
Shield: decreases damage taken from incoming shots. Active completely nullifies incoming shots damage, but drains power relative.

[/speculation]
then a shocklance type weapon would be needed. a shield pack like that would be insanely powerful on a competent heavy.

triple said:
Can I speculate?

you have the marketing pack. and what this pack does, is makes every other player in the server wait in anticipation of something, but it never delivers.

worst pack evar.

You're confising the marketing pack with the Qix pack.

The marketing pack, when activated, lets you play with more than the same 12 people you've been playing with for 5 years. ;) :heart:

MaD_ReBeL said:
then a shocklance type weapon would be needed. a shield pack like that would be insanely powerful on a competent heavy.

Thought heavies were going to be uber tough, but slow to move/ski (not ugh slow, just not light fast).

Besides, thought that was the whole reason for keeping the minedisk in.

VaporTrail said:
Thought heavies were going to be uber tough, but slow to move/ski (not ugh slow, just not light fast).

Besides, thought that was the whole reason for keeping the minedisk in.
apparently youve never been on the receiving end of a relentless HO train.

Marweas said:
Let's keep your private life out of this, shall we?
dude ... i told you not to tell :closet:

:D hehe im gunna be in the seattle area in a month or so alex. lets get some coffee, or something a bit stronger :p

Oh yes I have...

But 90% of them used the E pack. Shields were rare, but if they got inside they ruled... outside though...

Besides having a tough heavy just means you need the Conc nade to part him from his pack...

VaporTrail said:
Besides having a tough heavy just means you need the Conc nade to part him from his pack...
ahh Conc nade ... T2 player ... yeah youve never seen a HO train :p

will T:V have Conc nades? i havent been following T:V much.

MaD_ReBeL said:
dude ... i told you not to tell :closet:

:D hehe im gunna be in the seattle area in a month or so alex. lets get some coffee, or something a bit stronger :p

You're on. (as long as "something stronger" doesn't refer to butsecks)

Back