News: And the beta previews come in..

Emilee said:
I see a lot of members and veterans in beta. :sigh:

I don't believe you have to have played Tribes to spot imbalances and/or bugs in betas. I would rather have someone who knows games than someone who knows Tribes exclusively.

ps: I'm jalous as well :cry:

Fool said:
They were going for a spread of people. In order to please the most people, you need the broadest range of input. Did you not notice that Baxter was in the beta?

Baxter never even played tribes 1, he's a total t2 newbie. :ugh:

Selachii said:
The only reason for the color IFF's could be SP (wich shouldn't be a reason to begin with) OR multi-team mods ...dunno about this though

Also, as was mentioned already, it helps observers out. You can tell which team is which by IFFs rather than having to look at the armor. I'd still rather have red/green... but I don't see a reason why we can't have it both ways (players having red/green, observers having map-defined colors)...

Either way, I'm certain Irrational will 'fix' it. The game's still in beta after all.

Da_Timsta2 said:
I don't believe you have to have played Tribes to spot imbalances and/or bugs in betas. I would rather have someone who knows games than someone who knows Tribes exclusively.

ps: I'm jalous as well :cry:

Because everyone who has played Tribes, hasnt played any other games?

Not dragging this on, just pointing out your logic is flawed.

Gamespot said:
Also like in the previous games, skill seems to be much more important than lucky shots or choosing the single most powerful combination of weapons and packs (there doesn't even seem to be one at this point).

:browsmile

Emilee said:
Because everyone who has played Tribes, hasnt played any other games?

Not dragging this on, just pointing out your logic is flawed.

Definently not, but limiting your beta to people who have been dedicated Tribes players sound silly in my ears. Of course you need some veterans, but people from other games (and even other genres) are just as viable for offering good input.

of course the old boys club got in. thats what closed betas are for. thats what being an old boy is all about... wouldnt be much point if you didnt get preferential treatment.

Theres a closed beta for a reason. There is an open beta for a reason. Honestly, there has been more bitching in this thread then there as been actual discussion about the game itself. Pathetic..

You probably need a direct shot on the hook to disconnect the GH, but splash damage might not disconnect the hook.

Neek said:
fixed.
Can't play a single game of UT2K4 without it going all jumpy at least once.
I have a solid connection and I have configured my router correctly.
Either UT2k4 has consistantly crappy servers, or it has sub-par netcode. I'm thinking it's the latter, considering I don't have any problems with most other online games.

You are playing on crappy servers. UT2k4's netcode is pretty good. With ONS you need hefty server requirements to pull off a smooth game not so much bandwitdh as much as server power.

-cyanide- said:
i want to know what zoolooman contributed to the beta

he didnt even fuckin show up to the tribes throwback tourney he signed up for
Zoolooman is very articulate.
He has made many, many, incredibly huge posts in TT thouroughly analysing Tribes gameplay to the tiniest detail.
The guy can write an essay about tribes better than just about anyone.

Frankly, I would be surprised if he didn't get in, considering the volume and quality of input he has contributed here.

Back