News: Bittah T:V Movie

Yeah well that is true.

however, at this point I don't really have an opinion on the ribbons; need to play it first. I just thought it was funny :)

Beren said:
Yeah well that is true.

however, at this point I don't really have an opinion on the ribbons; need to play it first. I just thought it was funny :)

The ribbons don't affect gameplay...so i dunno why you'd have to play first to see if you like their look or not.

Nice video IMO.

However, I'm having some difficulty converting it to a quality .wmv file for my PDA.

So far the playback has periods where it looks like I'm looking through venitian blinds...

Geegalin said:
I mean, how many people need to tell you that these are ugly and don’t look right before you realize they are unattractive and something needs to be done about them?
Who is "you"? When it comes to art I can only state my opinion and communicate the opinions of others, which I do,
KP

IMO its really a nonissue. KP has said they are configurable and they are still 100% better than the dodgy smoke trails seen in earlier builds.

Time to hop off the bandwagon eh guys

pulsed said:
IMO its really a nonissue. KP has said they are configurable and they are still 100% better than the dodgy smoke trails seen in earlier builds.

Time to hop off the bandwagon eh guys
Whenever people agree about a problem with T:V, it's a bandwagon? The trails simply detract from what is otherwise a great-looking game.

KineticPoet said:
Who is "you"? When it comes to art I can only state my opinion and communicate the opinions of others, which I do,
KP
Didn’t direct that specifically towards you KP, but more like Irrational as a whole and mostly the art director Ben Lee.

Nice video! The game looks great! :D

I especially liked the fighting that took place inside. It was more reminiscent of t1 infighting which was pretty fun. The bouncing around, maneuverability and the intense action :) The disk speed looked appropriate and fast. Which it should be fast. I got excited when I saw the snow map and the long run sking and traversing through like a breeze. =)The Desert map with the floating ball bases was excellent too.

The movement and gravity in game seem very "on" now and distinct. It looks like flying is actually flying instead floating. Big freakin thumbs up!! You fall like you got some weight now and that's important because it's what helps you jump into a ski on a downward slope in your decent down. Was nice to see. :)

Did I mention the sky? The skies look awesome! Will there be full skies like in t2? With clouds and whatnot? The game is beautiful!

The disk explosions seemed fine to me man. The splash resembles a 'zap' on explosion but when it disapates you get smoke. I think people are just use to the encompassing explosions you got in t1 and more so in t2 disk explosions.

The trail effects lended in this game are much like anime effects. I like them for the most part but agree some other effects should be more organic. Pointedly, the mortar and nade launcher effects and trails. Stylized trails blended with an organic texture or smoke I think will give a nice visual style to the game not to mention a better discernment to what is going on. Thinking beyond the "color coded" indications of the trails, I think it would do more justice. :p

Yes I'm an artist so I'm happy to give my opinion.

I'm inlove with the snow map btw. :lol: really like how it looked. The terrain is win and immersive! Everything is shaping up and looking sharp.

The buckler doesn't look as easy as it does tricky which I'm sure it can be. It's got quite the range too.

Everything is looking great man. Good job.

I'm really getting mad because I can't get the video working. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong. I downloaded the vid, downloaded the XVid.exe program, tried everything, but it won't work. Am I forgeting something?

google for videoLAN
its a pretty awesome media player that doesnt require codecs i dont think, ive had it play movies i couldnt get working in anything else

Back