Favorite mod? T1

Spinal said:

If by putting words in my mouth, then using that to "own" me, then that might be the case.

Since you make such a big deal about me being an admin, I guess I'll play up to it. I bet you can't respond to this message.

Edited by Admin - Yogi is Australian for "I am a tubgirl link quoting dumbass".

Yogi said:
If by putting words in my mouth, then using that to "own" me, then that might be the case.

Since you make such a big deal about me being an admin, I guess I'll play up to it. I bet you can't respond to this message.

:rofl:

Yogi said:

ownednowheel.jpg

Aw come on, Spinal brings a difference of an opinion and gets banned? He makes things more intersting. :)

I forgot to meantion that I am one of the 3 leadrs of the biggest shifter clan.

Arena is very fun to, and even though I enjoy it more right now - I can't say that it is my favorite mod. Shifter kept me glued to my computer chair for too many years to just forget about it when I get a little tired of it. Besides, shifter matches still pwn :). Shifter is more complex than base. That's why many people never give it a chance. :( I'm not saying you should quit your mod and come to shifter, I'm just saying that you shouldn't claim that all shifter players are newbs. Even with a shifter background, I find very few that can beat me in base dueling :).

I have no problem with a difference of opinion, conversations would be boring without them.

I do have a problem with someone, like I said before, miscontruing something I said and then proceeds to "rub it in" in this thread and others while they are in the wrong.

He'll be back saturday, it's only a 2 day ban. I'm not heartless, he just needs to cool off.

ep!c said:
Shifter is more complex than base. That's why many people never give it a chance. :(

Many of us played mods such as shifter when we first started playing. Then we tried base and realized it required a whole new level of skill.

ep!c said:
Shifter is more complex than base. That's why many people never give it a chance. :(
Thats not true. I got my start in mods only because they were easier and I could get more kills in the beginning (back when I had no idea how to ski).

Once I realized how retarded it was to be killed by newbies using imbalanced weapons (read renegaydes laser turrets) I switched to base and found that it was much more challenging, fair, and fast paced.

Yogi said:

Sit down Timmah ;)

Hmm, Thrax, I need to talk to you. After meeting you at UVA 5 and now entering my year of school, I can draw a lot of parallels between you and my Statistics teacher. The similarities are uncanny. Sarcasm, small body, lack of hair, its all there.

Haven't read thread.. just came in to ban someone tat Yogi missed.. silly git.

However, i put my mark down for TAC and Insomniax for my fav T1 mods, with HaVoC coming up third. I did play shifter for like a year, however, when I discovered a HaVoC server that didn't give me a shocking ping, I moved to that straight away :)

Gundamflare said:
Hmm, Thrax, I need to talk to you. After meeting you at UVA 5 and now entering my year of school, I can draw a lot of parallels between you and my Statistics teacher. The similarities are uncanny. Sarcasm, small body, lack of hair, its all there.
Lack of hair? You mean short hair, cause I'm not really missing too much hair so far (although posting here isn't helping).

Last edited:
Yogi said:
Libarah librahaha Timmah!

It's Livin' a lie, livin' a lie, timmah! haha, you gotta hear for that one.

And well, let's get this back on topic (I was a main culprit)

Football MOD
Renegades (it was about 3/5 of my Tribes career)
TAC (only with friends)

And suddenly this thread has changed. Someone who said someothing about getting easy kills in shifter... in actual shifter being played how it's supposed to be played (not pub) kills don't matter at all. It's just centered around getting the flag, and you have many different resources to destroy the other teams defence.The only person that has a specific job to kill people would be the Dreadnaugh Defence who throws mortars that can (after a few seconds) explode on the next mouse click. Come watch me mdm a scout comming in for the flag in the air and tell me it doesn't require skill :).

Back