we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

Empirion said:
What should I have for lunch today?

PixieDee said:
Right. My mistake...

I guess this should be out in the public, since the community demands it. Colosus actually purchased 4 male whores with TW donations while we were in S.F. So, he actually DID get laid. Just not by me.

You still hungry? :/

Just to clairify things, The decision to remove Half_the_Sky from WOFN was mine. It was not due to her comments on the Tribalwar League thread but they did play into it.

The truith is ever since Half_the_Sky joined the WOFN staff she was very hard to work with and never gave any managing member of WOFN the benefit of the doubt. Every conversation was clouded by her suspicion that somehow she was going to not be first in line for something or that WOFN was TWs way to push TWL out of the tribes community. Which was far from the case. I personally have had conversations with Polaris and Triston and I they know my position on TWL and TW and where WOFN stands when it comes to coverage. WOFN may be part of the Tribalwar network but we are first and foremost a part of the TRIBES community and will not support nor take part in any attacks on any other Tribes related projects or organizations. Nor have we been asked to. And just for the record a good part of our staff is also TWL staff. Half_the_Sky could not accept this and continually make accusations about conspiracies. After a while it becomes apparent that its not worth the effort to deal with her and when she stopped idling in the staff channel for two weeks then decided to bring WOFN into a thread about a possible Tribalwar project accusing us of being pawns, the last straw was dropped and the camels back was broken. My reaction was as follows, I removed her name from the website, I removed her access from the irc channels, and other WOFN resources, I had Colosus change her forum tag, then I contacted her and informed her that I was going to have to let her go.

For the record, if Colosus had gotten his way Half_the_sky would have been let go a very long time ago. Bodyshot, DwarfVader and I agreed that I would take care of staff issues and I did not make a move without their approval but the final decision was mine.

HTS, I tried very hard to keep from replying to these threads but the truith about your dismissal was being misrepresented. And Colosus does not deserve being attacked for trying to help me get WOFN off the ground simply because your feelings are hurt.

I wish you no ill and I hold no grudge, but your going to have to get over it cause as far as I am concerned this is over and your not my problem anymore.

Cheater said:
I'm about to cancel UVaLAN 6 for fear that we may be sued for maKing money.

I would encourage Colosus to close up shop as well.

God forbid anyone should use the money we get from the Tribes community to better ourselves after countless hours of work we put in. I guess it's only fair that only Sierra/Vivendi make the money from the players who buy the game. Why should anyone profit from keeping the game alive and the community together.

So fuck everyone who wants to criticize Colosus. I refuse to be pulled into this bullshit. Let's just all forget UVaLAN 6. There's just way too much potential for me to profit from a year's worth of planning and the financial entanglements that make it work. It's the only reasonable thing to say.

:(

gj fraggle

Excal said:
Just to clairify things, The decision to remove Half_the_Sky from WOFN was mine. It was not due to her comments on the Tribalwar League thread but they did play into it.

The truith is ever since Half_the_Sky joined the WOFN staff she was very hard to work with and never gave any managing member of WOFN the benefit of the doubt. Every conversation was clouded by her suspicion that somehow she was going to not be first in line for something or that WOFN was TWs way to push TWL out of the tribes community. Which was far from the case. I personally have had conversations with Polaris and Triston and I they know my position on TWL and TW and where WOFN stands when it comes to coverage. WOFN may be part of the Tribalwar network but we are first and foremost a part of the TRIBES community and will not support nor take part in any attacks on any other Tribes related projects or organizations. Nor have we been asked to. And just for the record a good part of our staff is also TWL staff. Half_the_Sky could not accept this and continually make accusations about conspiracies. After a while it becomes apparent that its not worth the effort to deal with her and when she stopped idling in the staff channel for two weeks then decided to bring WOFN into a thread about a possible Tribalwar project accusing us of being pawns, the last straw was dropped and the camels back was broken. My reaction was as follows, I removed her name from the website, I removed her access from the irc channels, and other WOFN resources, I had Colosus change her forum tag, then I contacted her and informed her that I was going to have to let her go.

For the record, if Colosus had gotten his way Half_the_sky would have been let go a very long time ago. Bodyshot, DwarfVader and I agreed that I would take care of staff issues and I did not make a move without their approval but the final decision was mine.

HTS, I tried very hard to keep from replying to these threads but the truith about your dismissal was being misrepresented. And Colosus does not deserve being attacked for trying to help me get WOFN off the ground simply because your feelings are hurt.

I wish you no ill and I hold no grudge, but your going to have to get over it cause as far as I am concerned this is over and your not my problem anymore.

psst....dude, I know this is a bitch thing to do right now, but its you're not your :).... Fight the power

PixieDee said:
Right. My mistake...

I guess this should be out in the public, since the community demands it. Colosus actually purchased 4 male whores with TW donations while we were in S.F. So, he actually DID get laid. Just not by me.

Since I know you've always got your camera handy...

Pics please.

Actually...wait...no...

-=Shudder=-

Boomerman said:

Pics please.

Actually...wait...no...

-=Shudder=-
I always knew you had secret feelings for me Boomerman. However, I refuse to share my hairy fat ass with you.

Boomerman said:

Pics please.

Actually...wait...no...

-=Shudder=-

If you REALLY want to see them I'm sure I can [STRIKE]photoshop some[/STRIKE] upload them to my webspace.

I don't give a damn how Colosus uses the money I sent to him. It's obvious to me that he spends an inordinant amount of time on TW and if the $25 I have sent so far helped him buy a new laptop, then I hope he enjoys it.

Colosus has done a lot for this community and I think a lot of you guys take his hard work for granted.

Oh, and Cheater, I hope you're not being serious about canceling UVA6. If you are, I will have to tar and feather the parties responsible, and that is not something I want to do.

i didn't donate so i don't have much room to bitch if any at all. if i had donated i don't think i would have been pissed at all that he bought a lap-top, just that he did it without informing me of where my money was going.

Archimedes said:
I don't give a damn how Colosus uses the money I sent to him. It's obvious to me that he spends an inordinant amount of time on TW and if the $25 I have sent so far helped him buy a new laptop, then I hope he enjoys it.

Colosus has done a lot for this community and I think a lot of you guys take his hard work for granted.

Oh, and Cheater, I hope you're not being serious about canceling UVA6. If you are, I will have to tar and feather the parties responsible, and that is not something I want to do.
man, if only spending an inordinate amount of time on tw were really worthy of pay

you have no clue how much you fuckers would owe me

Iced said:
Wow. I have always thought that you were a great guy Cheater. I realize that your post is mostly focused at other people and probably a kneejerk reaction/joke, however... its not like the only people putting time and efforts into a HOBBY is TW and UVALAN Staff. I am sure I will be flamed for saying this, but if you are not doing things for the "community" because you want to do them, then do not do them. Head Admin/Owner of TW and leader of UVALAN all of a sudden are coming accross as if they have some deserving power over everyone else. IMO its ludicras. If you guys do not want to do the shit then simply do not fucking do it. I am sure someone else will be more than happy to fill in what gaps are left off. I am tired of seeing this shit thrown in peoples faces as if you have broken your back for nothing.

Please don't misunderstand me dude that's exactly what I'm doing.....let someone else set this shit up for people who don't give a shit who does it as long as they don't dare spend any funds they generate on themselves.

Colosus lives and breathes TW. He gives it the life it has. He is TW. If he spends $10 of my $$$ on his dry cleaning I'm very happy that TW has a clean pressed shirt to wear.

Archimedes said:

We're discussing fraggle here you know...that's a LOT of fucking feathers.

coltappa.gif

So what im seeing is this.

A bunch of morons are upset that colosus bought a laptop to take to san fran for a WOFN broadcast.

What did you want him to do..lug around a huge dekstop and monitor to the conferance?(sp)

That would be rediculous. A laptop is the ideal thing..

so drop it already...and fuck you fraggle for starting this up.

Boomerman said:
We're discussing fraggle here you know...that's a LOT of fucking feathers.
We might have to look into something more cost effective... Ok, we will tar him and then throw the little burrs that get stuck in your sock all over him.

That should do the trick.

Back