did FTM (fuck the mainland) ever hit #1 on OGL

I'm pretty sure VuP took #1 after rule fucking IE or forcing them to play on a Friday night (I can't remember which). Maybe I'm misremembering and IE didn't quit the ladder after that though

ucl you have horribly lost the bet; now you are banned from tribes forever. Does that include TW as well? Who will be TT mod

FTM never played IE on the OGL. I think it was S3 who was #2 when IE dropped from the ladder--or maybe they beat whoever was #2. In any case, FTM reached #1 by beating S3. FTM lost #1 to R&G.

VUP forced IE to forfeit a match when they couldnt field 7. They dropped 10 spots. S3 then beat VUP for #1, then we beat S3 for the top spot.

At the time of the VUP thing, IE was #1, FTM #2, S3 #3.

Last edited:
Run and Gun - TribalWar
R&G Was a consistant top 10 Tribes 1 team that eventually reached #1 on the OGL CTF ladder by beating Fuck the Mainland [FTM] after [IE] retired and left them the #1 spot.
I think something is wrong with ur screenshot JM5K! It is possible that "highest rung reached" was implemented after FTM took #1 ?

yeah we hit #1, was before my time too (and im in that screenshot).

start a thread about sports and im sure style will show up and you can ask him there.

Do you have any ideas as to why that S/S only shows "highest rung #2" despite the fact that they hit #1?

I remember when 5150 was still playing in demo and I was doing badass in a tryout for them. Then my mom told me I had to get off the computer. I was pissed.

My old email is the team email in that screen, and I was on the team AFTER they hit #1 so not sure why it never showed up in the history.

As for the ping fucking, considering that every east coast team made us play on east coast servers instead of a neutral equally fucked West Coast server, we started making them play on FTM servers. For me it didn't matter either way because I was in LA so my ping sucked equally to FTM servers or East coast I just got used to playing with it.

ucl the ladder shows every other team's highest rungs accurately. Maybe people's memories are a big foggy :eek:

Everyone's memory is foggy :)

How confident would you guys be that FTM hit #1? 100%? 50%? Is it possible that u r remembering wrong? ;o

Last edited:
I miss being able to accept and challenge matches after classes. Now it's real life and work, fuck.

ontopoftheworld.jpeg

Back