[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

Compare a few hours of being annoyed while you get used to a new skill with a lifetime of bitching about the lack of this or that on the computer versions of your favorite games. Less stress by far to just pick up the console version and have a worry free blast.

It's the same.... people keep making this point but they have no point.

At best, it's the same except having a mouse and keyboard (which is far superior). So how is it not something to play on the pc when it's exactly the same other than that?

Last edited:
i heard the new UT has mouse+kb support, was gonna buy a ps3 and MW2 and didnt b/c of lack there of

once all games have mouse and kb support, all console joystick players are gonna get their asses handed to them. i think they are holding off on it because of the deterrant to some of their clients and lose money

Last edited:
Isn't this perfect for them? They have to provide zero server support themselves, it is all on the gamers. Perfect scaling.

Of course I think it sucks in practice - but I get the idea.

That is the whole point. They are providing less and getting more. Business wise it looks like a great decision. But as a consumer it sucks ass. Looks like a step back and people are taking it bent over. I don't get it. This game most likely will never see a dime from me.

one thing that bugs me is having to use sights to aim

w/e happened to just having a xhair that didnt move to aim? +

i miss sof2.

What do you need to unlock the stinger? I've been shooting down shit with the AT4 but its not very powerful.

And i will hopefully have the M16 tonight. I loved that gun in COD4.

So far though im loving the FAMAS other than its fuglyness.

wait.... what!?!

You get the stinger at 30, the m16 at 40, and you're wondering WHEN you're going to get the Stinger, but you are planning on having the M16 tonight!?!

It's the same.... people keep making this point but they have no point.

At best, it's the same except having a mouse and keyboard (which is far superior). So how is it not something to play on the pc when it's exactly the same other than that?

Sorry I was busy downstairs on my 360 having fun. Do whatever makes you happy I guess.

everyone is on even ground
its not like some have mouses, while some have joysticks
u cant beat people with controllers unless u have a mouse?

Fucking horrible, I just installed the pc version last night and played a couple matches with no problem. Just tried playing again now and it's stuck at "trying to find other players" for every single game type. Can't invite/join friends to a party as we get "unable to join game session". Been googling and can't find anything. Forwarded my ports, etc.

i just went from 16-31 in a solid 12 hours of playing

hopefully i can find some time this weekend to get up to 45 or so, i went from 0 SCAR-H kills at the start to 650+ while getting all the attachments/achievements for it :D

fucking UFFFFFFFFFGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so much foliage and shit on the maps that its a real bitch to see people now

I was the same way with COD4 and it took me a good 10 hours of play time to get used to the controller were it felt like an extention of my hand. I went from being an utterly horrible player to being able to take out most people when its up to the fastest reactions.

One thing I did that helped was; at the start of every map, look at a point with 2 distinctive marks (the top corners of trash dumpsters or corners of a building are good. Put your reticle on each spot as fast as you can; you'll be amazed at how inaccurate you are and this will get you up to speed faster.

In fact I need to start doing that again..my reaction isn't as good as it used to be.

Great post ferret thanks a lot, I started trying this lol..

theres a [5150] sniped yo ass in the game with me right now

is that someone here?

I ended up playing in a map with a ton of 5150 last night, they aren't tw specific, and I remember then opening up the ranks to tons of strangers back in SOF2 pc days so it could be anyone.

Back