Musashi's Passion starts some fun

Hobbiticus said:
The Passion was a VERY VERY brutal depicition of Christ's death, and Mel Gibson made a fortune on it.

You make it sound as if Gibson went into the Passion expecting it to be one of the Top 10 grossing films of all time when in reality he went in and spent 30 million of his own money to make a movie that was important to him expecting to make very little of it back with little-to-no support from any sort of publisher.

As to the actual Flash, I thought it was in very poor taste, but then again so did Musashi before he even released it (evidenced by the original thread topic). I'd say it would be very unlikely that it would have been received as well if it had been about 9/11 or something similar, however if it had been about 9/11 I think some people would still have found it amusing or hilarious even if in very poor taste.

I say all that to say, that personally it offended me, but I understand that everyone has a right to express themselves however they see fit, but please don't berate people who do have a problem with it.

Out of curiosity, could there be any legal problems for something "offensive" (in this case a comic) that ridicules religion and uses "crude language" (rawr, always wanted to say that)?

I'm thinking of getting this comic published, but I want to know if it's to get me in trouble first.
I'm pretty sure I posted one of the rough issues a long time ago. 'tis about the four horsemen of the apocalypse being drunken bastards, god being a lazy flying beam of light and jesus being like a 13 year old on an internet forum.

:rawr:

CelticLegend said:
I. Thou shalt have no other forum before TW

II. Thou shalt not make unto thee any logos like TW's

III. Thou shalt not take the content of TW too seriously

IV. Remember Saturday, to keep it holy and to have fun

V. Honor thy admin and server manager

VI. Thou shalt not kill yourself.

VII. Thou shall commit adultery.

VIII. Thou shalt not steal sigs.

IX. Thou shalt not bear false IRC logs against thy neighbor.

X. Thou shalt not drool over other people's stuff.

I see no mountain dew. Heretic ban.

Wait.... you can get in trouble for making something offensive on purpose? WTF? I thought this only went for huge public mediums like television and radio. It's not like Muashi posted it on a huge public website. TW forums are private.

And, if that's true, how do sites like stileproject exist? That shit is almost always offensive.

1. The Dew is the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any other beverage before Dew

2. Thou shalt not take the name of Dew in vain

3. Remember to keep holy the late night computer mmorpg marathons

4. Honor thy aluminum and thy plastic

5. Thou shalt not shake thy can or thy bottle; for the destruction and waste of Dew is forbidden

6. Thou shalt not betray thy Dew by offering the sacred Dew to thy neighbor

7. Thou shalt not steal an opened Dew

8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against fellow Dew drinkers

9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Dew

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's soft drinks

ok not funny but it works

If TW has become the Church of Mountain Dew, consider me the Antichrist.

coke.jpg

Colosus, omg, lol... that last letter you wrote made me laugh, and the ending was asolutely phenominal. I want more people to attack us simply so we can have the pleasure of letting them know that they are wrong!

FOG|Adrenaline said:
You make it sound as if Gibson went into the Passion expecting it to be one of the Top 10 grossing films of all time when in reality he went in and spent 30 million of his own money to make a movie that was important to him expecting to make very little of it back with little-to-no support from any sort of publisher.

As to the actual Flash, I thought it was in very poor taste, but then again so did Musashi before he even released it (evidenced by the original thread topic).

It's in poor taste but 2 hours of someone getting tortured isn't a movie, it's just a way to play on people's emotions and put money in Mel Gibson's pocket. If you're one of those christians buying into the bullshit and thinking that seeing someone get brutally tortured is some kind of uplifting religious experience, then you deserve to be laughed at. Gibson is probably laughing too. All the way to the bank.

And yeah, I'm sure he didn't think releasing a big budgeted hollywood movie about Jesus during lent would sell AT ALL. Not like there's many Christians or anything.

I'd say it would be very unlikely that it would have been received as well if it had been about 9/11 or something similar, however if it had been about 9/11 I think some people would still have found it amusing or hilarious even if in very poor taste.

Okay, how the hell is Mel Gibson's "film" similar to 9/11? If you don't have a problem with Jesus getting tortured in the movie, why would you have a problem in the flash? He's not making fun of Jesus, he's making fun of the stupid movie.

The passion != Christianity.

Back