Favorite cocktail

bourbon, rye, vodka, gin - all good to have around and can be your preference, plus generally good cocktail bases. rum and tequila if you are into those as well. i like to have a decent brandy on hand too

for mixers, you want citrus; lemons, limes, and oranges around for both the peel and juice, or just get those specific juices. tonic/club soda

red and white vermouth (sweet and dry). bitters (angostura and orange are good to start with). i like having sugar cubes around, and making simple syrup is easy to do at home.

below is probably good starter mixers that will make a wide range of cocktails, but really i'd just find some cocktails that you want to make at home and get the ingredients for those.

nonino
averna
cynar
aperol
fernet branca
branca menta
montenegro
campari

ask yourself what you like to drink and then build your home bar inventory around that

find a good bar that makes great cocktails and figure out what u like, boozy spirit foward drinks? tiki style sweet rum cocktails? do you like something up and refreshing like gin? a bitter negroni?

find a cocktail u love to drink and experiment making it at home and putting your own twist on it

amaris can be pretty advanced for a novice to spirits and cocktails so id suggest to start following a simple 2/1/1 ratio of 2 parts strong (spirit) to 1 parts sour (citrus) and 1 part sweet (sugar syrup)

this simple ratio can create hundreds of simple recipes like a margarita, daquiri, hurricane, sour cocktails etc

they sell boston cocktail shakers on amazon for like $20

reeeeee

Last edited:
Liquid Marijuana

1oz roughly
Blue Curacao
Midori
Jack
Crown
Malibu
Sweet and Sour
Fill the rest with pineapple juice and stir