[Official] Hearthstone

Level 30 across the board!

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12292013115157_zps10af3956.png

that just means i dont play this game enuf

or you play too much :D

30 aint shit. It's starting to feel slow enough that you just shouldn't even watch the meter.

I just do dailies and Arena when I have the gold :shrug:
no other reason to play for now.

I don't know if you've noticed, but nothing in this game means anything.

I guess we shouldn't talk at all about Hearthstone.

Grats for placing value on a rank system that currently offers zero reward, and is overrun with net-decking tools who all copy the same decks. What a blast. Let me go grind the fuck out of that :lol:

Grats for placing value on a rank system that currently offers zero reward, and is overrun with net-decking tools who all copy the same decks. What a blast. Let me go grind the fuck out of that :lol:

everyone is running strifecro's (rank #1 in legends) druid deck but no one is near a 50% win ratio. he is 47-3 at rank 1. all skill.

you're right that 90% of people are running mostly the same decks at rank 5 and better but people make shit tons of mistakes on every single turn. at the end of the game when they lose they have no idea why and they blame the cards and RNG.

if you're not competitive then obv climbing ranks now is worthless.

Last edited:

Lol rank no skill.

I'm not arguing the the top players have no skill at the game and don't deserve to be at the top. I'm saying that all the people who aren't good enough to push and evolve the meta on their own are able to just copy someone's deck. As a result, the majority of opponents are just running the same deck, and it's boring as shit. This is a PvP game, yet it comes across more scripted and repetitive than WoW.

Half the skill in this game comes from building a deck. If you're in the top ranks on someone else's deck; sorry, but you're garbage. That to me is an absolute forfeit of 'skill'. Go play a ladder like SC2 and see how far you can get by standing on somebody's shoulders. It seems to be pretty unique to TCGs, where average players can outsource most of the skill aspect of the game and compete at a level much higher than what they could achieve on their own and actually convince themselves that their skill got them there.

My only hope for constructed is that down the road, we'll have way more diversity in what gets played by the community. But I suspect even if you double or pear the card selection, the majority would still copy and play the #1 deck. Until then, I value Arena way more.

I don't play this game - never signed up. signed up just now, hoping for a key sometime soon.

it doesn't seem right to copy but it certainly is typical. tips/pointers I would take but I wouldn't take a whole deck.

I'm not arguing the the top players have no skill at the game and don't deserve to be at the top. I'm saying that all the people who aren't good enough to push and evolve the meta on their own are able to just copy someone's deck. As a result, the majority of opponents are just running the same deck, and it's boring as shit. This is a PvP game, yet it comes across more scripted and repetitive than WoW.

Half the skill in this game comes from building a deck. If you're in the top ranks on someone else's deck; sorry, but you're garbage. That to me is an absolute forfeit of 'skill'. Go play a ladder like SC2 and see how far you can get by standing on somebody's shoulders. It seems to be pretty unique to TCGs, where average players can outsource most of the skill aspect of the game and compete at a level much higher than what they could achieve on their own and actually convince themselves that their skill got them there.

My only hope for constructed is that down the road, we'll have way more diversity in what gets played by the community. But I suspect even if you double or pear the card selection, the majority would still copy and play the #1 deck. Until then, I value Arena way more.

its the same deal with other games and with people in general... the majority are loser posers few are winner innovators. 99% vs 1%

its fine though because with a game like this, or any other, you can use this to your advantage... in the case of a card game you can build a counter strat + build predicting what opponent strats + decks will be.

nice thing about HS is it limits this somewhat with multiple classes... unlike mtg which basically just had everyone playing the same few decks at tourneys.

You mean... like build orders and timing pushes?

Back