Sierra shutting down legacy multiplayer incl. Starsiege:Tribes

I have not played any tribes since 2003. So its been dead for me in that respects.

Not sure how to react here.

Yes, this argument has been raging for years. I used to think that the "T1 with updated graphics" would have saved the community, but I think its far too beyond repair at the moment. I'm not saying it wouldn't be popular, but I just don't think everyone from the old school community would come back and play.

But you know, I could be very wrong. :shrug:

i never had a problem with the graphics...it would have been nice to see some bugs fixed though. i still enjoyed playing it, but the "boiled down," one-dimensional style of play in the last couple years that it became kind of wore me out.

the game died out because people grew out of it. they found other hobbies, other games, etc. i don't think it attracted new players for the same reason that it didn't attract attention when it was new: it had too steep a learning curve. and personally, i'm fine with that. i would have never had nearly as much fun as i did if it was as simplistic as quake.

it's like somebody said, they don't want tribes back, they want 1999 back.

No offense Rick, but you'd have to be retarded to think no one here would want you to do something. I'm still having fun dueling :( Keep the master servers alive at the very least. Tis a sad day indeed.

t1desktopuk9.jpg

:mecry: :cry:

Well - I watched xfools original movie - and almost cryed ...

I have fun with a great bunch of guys (some live close to me too) in CS:S now. But I still can't get the rush like I did when a t1 or (the beginning of) t2 matches started. Then again I play CS at about the same speed as tribes (minus the skiing).

Has sierra even made a good game since t1? My team mates and I are really just playing CS waiting on crysis to come out... Now tribes on the cry engine ... (to be continued...)

I would be very interested in seeing Tribes live on under the care of GG - no matter what form that took.

I'd also like to see the source code released into the wild.

Is there any way to bypass the master server, or does this mean the end of tribes no matter what?

YOu can get around the need of having the master server. Wouldn't All Seeing Eye do the trick, or does it pull its info from teh master servers?

Back