Consolidated Tribes 1 Master Servers Thread

I wasn't being sarcastic. Tribes won't exist if a reputable source doesn't grab the domain, and host a master. Hell, I've already told myself that I'm not going to bother updating my client-side prefs for additional ( new ) masters. Why bother, they won't be stable ... I have yet to see a reputable source advertise a master - so fuck it. I don't play enough to waste time looking for new unstable masters.

OOoooooOOOOooOOoooOOOWWWwwwnnnnnned

(you twat -- HOW'D THAT FEEL?)

like i said, you failed. i wouldnt recommend trying again, however. You should be too busy trying to get that foot out your mouth. And by the time you do, youll have a LOT of crow to eat anyways!

shit gg

The official Tribes master t1m1.master.dynamix.com:28000 is still up 4 days after the official plug pulling date.

I can see 3 possibilities here.

VUG decided to keep the server up because of all the drama. Garage Games, and others contacting them about purchasing etc..
VUG has decided to continue support.
VUG has already made a deal to transfer it to someone and hasn't hammered out the details yet.

You mean Tribes LARP?
I can see it now, Nofix with a hand mounted clay pigeon launcher to mimic a Disk Launcher, and the rest of you guys tossing tin foil balls yelling "Grenade!" Grenade!"

Thats Lucas in Oregon. He is coding it in PHP, well - maybe -

the t1m1.masters.tribesmasterserver.com resolves to the dynamix servers right now

the bogus whois info on the domain is not good either that can get your domain pulled
el quicko.

Maybe he beat the TROC guys to it and found $5,000 laying around?? :boogie:

I wasn't being sarcastic. Tribes won't exist if a reputable source doesn't grab the domain, and host a master. Hell, I've already told myself that I'm not going to bother updating my client-side prefs for additional ( new ) masters. Why bother, they won't be stable ... I have yet to see a reputable source advertise a master - so fuck it. I don't play enough to waste time looking for new unstable masters.
A reputable source being, perchance, TW?

Why doesn't this site play host to the master?

And please don't kill me if I said something impossible: it just seems this is all going to get really confusing really fast if we don't have something standardized, like the front page of TW saying "This is the official new master for the Tribes community!".

Maybe just maybe this has to do with GG getting the rights to Tribes dues to upcoming said Tribes like browser game? Who the hell knows anymore. its ridiculous. I sometimes wish I liked Half Life 2 or Quake more than Tribes. I wouldnt have to deal with this crap.

And no TV doesnt even come close to satiating the fix. Not even a little.

Last edited:
Adding a new master server to your Tribes.
There are two ways to add a master server to Tribes, through the in game interface, or manually by editing a config file. The manual method is preferred, but not necessary. Server operators should use the manual method.

If you add a master to your setup manually, Tribes will use the first working master in the line, the t1m1.tribes0.com master will automatically include other available masters. If you run a game server, Tribes will register with all servers in the list. Adding a master through the in game interface does not give Tribes a backup in case of master server failure, and is not recommended.

Adding new server with the network tab in Tribes (simple):
newmaster.png

Options > Network > Add >
Name = tribes0.com (can be anything)
Address = t1m1.tribes0.com:28000
However, adding it this way will cause tribes to ignore all other servers in the case of failure.

Adding a master server manually for servers or clients (preferred) :
Open config\serverPrefs.cs with notepad or another text editor. DO NOT USE WORDPAD, it will add formatting that will confuse Tribes.

Find the line containing
Code:
$Server::MasterAddressN0 = "
In line after add:
Code:
t1m1.tribes0.com:28000
Note there should be a space after 28000, for example
Code:
$Server::MasterAddressN0 = "t1m1.tribes0.com:28000 t1m1.masters.dynamix.com:28000 t1m2.masters.dynamix.com:28000 t1m3.masters.dynamix.com:28000";
(all one line)

You may manually add as many masters as you like.

If you experience problems, you may shut down Tribes, and delete serverPrefs.cs all together. Tribes will rebuild it on restart.

If you don't feel comfortable making changes to your main Tribes install, you can get a fresh Tribes patched and ready to run here: http://www.tribes0.com/trorbs.zip

Copy code, start tribes, press tilde, paste code, press enter, quit with the quit button, restart.
Code:
$Server::MasterAddressN0 = "t1m1.tribes0.com:28000 t1m1.pu.net:28000 kigen.ath.cx:28000 skbmaster.ath.cx:28000 t1m1.tribesmasterserver.com:28000 t1m1.masters.dynamix.com:28000 t1m2.masters.dynamix.com:28000 t1m3.masters.dynamix.com:28000";

My system still says that it cannot find any master servers. Tried pasting the line from the previous post into the console and tried adding some servers manually.

Back